This Cajun Chicken Alfredo recipe is a delicious pasta dish packed with Cajun flavors and perfectly seasoned tender chicken in a creamy Alfredo sauce.
I love chicken alfredo. I’ve been making it as part of my regular dinners for years. Over the years, I’ve made alfredo in a variety of different ways. I love to make chicken and broccoli alfredo, seafood alfredo, cheesy alfredo – just any kind, really. One of my favorite ways to make it is kicking it up with zesty spices and a blast of heat.
I grew up loving Tex-Mex and Cajun flavors, so I decided to combine the spicy flavor of Cajun seasoning with alfredo to create this easy, delicious dish. I’ve been making this one for a while now, and it’s always well-received. I used to make it when my kids were in school because it reheats so well. These days, I still make it for myself to enjoy for a couple of days for the same reason. It’s an excellent dinner that you can get on the table fast and makes a dish that’s just as good the next day.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo
This spicy alfredo recipe combines tender chicken, pasta, zesty spices, and parmesan cheese. I start with chicken tenders cooked with seasonings. Then, I make an alfredo sauce with heavy cream, butter, and parmesan cheese to create a rich, creamy coating. It’s all mixed with pasta for a hearty, delicious dinner that’s easy to make and satisfying for even the heftiest eaters. Serve this for dinner or bring it to potlucks. It’s always a winner!
Why You’ll Love This Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- It’s creamy, cheesy, and so flavorful.
- It’s always a favorite pasta recipe that gets requested time and time again.
- And, it’s easy to make, delicious, and only takes simple ingredients.
- Never cook your pasta past al dente. You want the pasta to be soft but still firm and never mushy.
- It’s important to use the reserved pasta water to make your alfredo sauce. The pasta water has starch in it, so you’ll be able to create a sauce that is neither too thick nor too thin.
- Omit the Cajun seasoning and red pepper flakes for a traditional alfredo dish.
- You can make this recipe with shrimp, as well.
- If you don’t have heavy cream, you can use half-and-half.
What to Serve with Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta
This delicious dish may be a little spicy, but it’s still delicious with the classic dishes that are always so delicious with alfredo.
- Garlic bread
- Side salad
- Stuffed mushrooms
- Sautéed green beans
- Creamed spinach
- Scalloped potatoes
- Roasted potatoes
- Rice pilaf
- Your favorite veggies
What spices are good in alfredo sauce?
- Italian seasoning
- Dried basil
- Onion powder
- Seasoned salt
- Cajun seasoning
- Red pepper flakes
- Cayenne pepper
What do you do if your alfredo sauce doesn’t thicken?
If your sauce didn’t thicken enough, make a slurry of cornstarch and cold water or another cold liquid. Stir a little of it into the simmering sauce, letting it thicken before adding more if needed.
How do you keep alfredo sauce creamy?
To keep your sauce creamy and avoid breaking, cook your sauce over low heat, use milk or cream, and stir often. This keeps everything homogenous.
Can you freeze this Cajun chicken alfredo recipe?
Absolutely. Place the leftovers in an airtight, freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
How to Store and Reheat Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. For longer storage, freeze it for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
To reheat the pasta, place it in a pan or saucepan and sautee for a few minutes until heated through.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Ingredients
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this pasta, and you can find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Chicken tenders or boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Cloves garlic, minced
- Slap Ya Mama
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Heavy cream
- All purpose flour
- Pasta water
How to Make Cajun Chicken Alfredo
Making this recipe is very straightforward. Even beginners can make it. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time.
Step 1: Make the Noodle
In a large pot, bring water to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil the noodles according to the package directions for al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water and set the noodles aside.
Step 2: Cook the Chicken
Add butter to a large frying pan over medium heat. Then, add the chicken tenders, garlic, and seasonings and cook until the chicken is no longer pink and it’s completely cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and cut into strips.
Step 3: Make the Sauce
Add more butter to the same pan and sprinkle it with the flour. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Then, pour in the heavy cream and whisk until well combined. Add the parmesan cheese and stir until melted, then pour in the reserved pasta water and mix well.
Step 4: Finish the Dish
Add the pasta and chicken to the alfredo sauce and mix well. Serve immediately.
Try This Delicious Cajun Chicken Alfredo Recipe Today
This delicious Cajun chicken alfredo is loaded with flavor, not work. It comes together quickly and easily, and it’s a zippy take on the classic dish we all know and love. Serve this for lunch or dinner with your favorite vegetables or bring it to your next potluck. Be ready to make more, though, because everyone will be asking for it again and again.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Grilled Chicken Burritos – These crispy burritos are loaded with tender chicken, two types of dressing, cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes. They’re full of flavor and are great for lunch or dinner.
Malibu Chicken – A crispy piece of fried chicken that is topped with ham and Swiss cheese. It’s a delicious dinner recipe that will surely be a hit.
Mississippi Chicken – An easy slow cooker recipe that is loaded with a ton of flavor and makes a great comfort food recipe.
And, Southwest Chicken Tacos from Deliciously Seasoned. These tacos are crispy, crunchy, and filled with tender chicken and fresh produce.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Recipe
- 2 pounds chicken tenders cut into strips, (can use boneless skinless chicken breasts)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Slap Ya Mama
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 32 ounce heavy cream
- 12 ounce Parmesan, shredded
- 1 butter
- 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 cup pasta water
- 16 ounce Cavatappi pasta, (can use fettuccine or penne pasta)
- Boil noodles according to package directions until al dente. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or frying pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add in chicken tenders, garlic, and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink and completely cooked through, about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the pan and cut tenders into strips. Set aside.
- In the same pan, melt butter and sprinkle it with flour. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in heavy cream and whisk until well combined.
- Add in parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Pour in pasta water and mix well.
- Pour pasta into sauce and mix well.
- Add chicken to pasta and serve immediately.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.