This Chipotle Ranch Grilled Chicken Burrito is loaded with tender chicken, chipotle ranch and avocado ranch dressing, Colby jack cheese, tortilla strips, lettuce and tomatoes, and diced avocados, rolled in flour tortillas and grilled. A copycat recipe of Taco Bell’s delicious grilled chicken burrito they have on their value menu.
Living in Texas, I’m a big fan of Mexican and Tex-Mex food. I’m also a big fan of fusion foods. You know, basically the food equivalent of a song mashup. I love combining different cultures’ flavors, which is why I enjoy this burrito so much. It combines the delicious Mexican flavors I’ve always loved with cool, creamy ranch for an American twist. It makes an excellent dinner for any night of the week because it’s so easy and a great addition to parties, potlucks, or any gathering. There’s really no wrong time to make this delicious recipe. I love to make these burritos for dinner and then have them for lunch the next day. And if you have kids, these are great for pulling double duty as dinner one night and after-school snacks the next day.
Chipotle Ranch Grilled Chicken Burrito
This delicious burrito combines Mexican and American flavors to super tasty effect. It starts with boneless chicken breasts that are cubed and cooked in a blend of zesty spices. Then, I combine it with chipotle ranch and avocado ranch dressing. Finally, I stuff a tortilla with the chicken, along with cheese, avocado, tomatoes, lettuce, and tortilla strips to create a dish that’s full of all kinds of flavors and textures, so it’s satisfying on every level.
Why You’ll Love This Grilled Chicken Burrito Recipe
- These chicken burritos are absolutely delicious and so easy to make.
- It’s a budget-friendly recipe the whole family will enjoy and request often.
- It’s loaded with deliciously seasoned chicken, cheese, diced avocado, tomatoes, lettuce, tortilla strips, and creamy chipotle sauce and avocado ranch sauce.
- Cut the chicken into ½-inch pieces for even, quick cooking and easy eating.
- Only construct the burritos when you’re ready to serve them. This is not a dish to make in advance, as the burritos will become soggy.
- You can make this recipe with beef, pork, and even shrimp.
- For even more heat and flavor, try adding cayenne to the mix or chipotle peppers.
- Any flavor of cheese works: Pepper jack, three-cheese blend, Monterey Jack, just to name a few.
- You can use any kind of tortilla you like from flour or corn to spinach and more.
- Also, add all ingredients to serving bowls, except the tortilla, for delicious burrito bowls.
What to Serve with Burritos
- Sweet corn cake
- Mexican black beans
- Refried beans
- Pico de Gallo
- Cilantro lime rice
- Mexican rice
- Spanish rice
- Guacamole and chips
What is on the chipotle ranch grilled chicken burrito?
It’s stuffed with seasoned white meat chicken, chipotle ranch and avocado ranch dressings, tortilla strips, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and cheese.
Can grilled chicken burritos be made in advance?
You can make the chicken filling and prepare the other toppings in advance, but don’t put the burritos together. The longer a burrito sits while filled the soggier the tortilla will become.
Can you freeze chipotle ranch grilled chicken burritos?
You sure can. Let the chicken filling cool. Then, construct the burritos. After that, wrap them in a double layer of plastic wrap and then a layer of foil. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Can I meal prep these chicken burritos?
You can if you’re going to freeze them or keep the ingredients separate and prepare the burritos when ready to serve. Don’t construct and then refrigerate the burritos.
How to Store and Reheat Chipotle Ranch Grilled Chicken Burritos
Store individual burrito ingredients in containers for up to 3 days and construct the burritos when ready to serve. For longer storage, construct the burritos with cold ingredients, wrap in a double layer of plastic wrap then a layer of foil, and freeze for up to 3 months.
To reheat, add the chicken filling to a saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until hot. Then heat the tortillas and fill them with the fillings. To reheat frozen burritos, defrost them in the refrigerator overnight, then wrap them loosely in foil and bake them for 30 minutes at 225 degrees.
Chipotle Ranch Grilled Chicken Burritos Ingredients
This recipe only uses simple ingredients that you’ll find easily at your local grocery store.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Slap Ya Mama
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Chipotle ranch dressing
- Avocado ranch dressing
- Flour tortillas, burrito size
- Fresh Gourmet Santa Fe style tortilla strips
- Shredded lettuce
- Roma tomatoes
- Colby jack cheddar cheese
- Large avocado
How to Make Chipotle Ranch Grilled Chicken Burritos
Making these burritos is as easy as shopping for the ingredients. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps. Even beginning cooks can make these easily.
Step 1: Make the Chicken Filling
Cook the chicken, onions, and seasonings in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the chicken is no longer pink and the onions are translucent. Drain any excess liquid, then add both dressings to the chicken and stir to coat.
Step 2: Fill the Tortillas
Warm flour tortilla over medium heat and add the chicken, cheese, avocado, tomatoes, tortilla strips, and lettuce.
Step 3: Grill
Spray a large skillet or frying pan with nonstick cooking spray, then grill the burritos until golden brown. Enjoy!
Try These Delicious Grilled Chicken Burritos Today
These chipotle ranch grilled chicken burritos are full of flavor, but they’re so easy to make. They’re loaded with delicious ingredients, and they make a great dinner, afternoon snack, or addition to any party. Give them a try, and I know you’ll find that you make them again and again.
More Delicious Burrito Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Fried Burritos – These crispy fried burritos are filled with beef, pork, ground beef, bean, cheese and more, and are fried to golden perfection. This burrito recipe has been a favorite family recipe for over 35 years.
Awesome Chicken Burritos – These delicious chicken burritos are absolutely amazing! Grilled marinated chicken, ranch style beans, a delicious chunky salsa which includes: Picante sauce, diced avocados, tomatoes, green onions and cilantro. Simply scrumptious.
Fried Italian Sausage Scramble Breakfast Burritos – These breakfast burritos are loaded with Italian sausage, diced potatoes, scrambled eggs, lots of cheese and are a hearty and delicious breakfast recipe.
And, here is a hearty Steak and Egg Burrito from Deliciously Seasoned that you’ll enjoy too!
Chipotle Ranch Grilled Chicken Burrito
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts diced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup Chipotle ranch dressing
- ¼ cup avocado ranch dressing
- 10 flour tortillas burrito size
- 3.5 ounce Fresh Gourmet Santa Fe style tortilla strips
- 8 ounce shredded lettuce
- 3 Roma tomatoes diced
- 3 cups Colby jack cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 large avocado diced
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt butter and add chicken, onions and seasonings. Stir.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink and onions are translucent. Drain any excess liquid.
- Pour both dressings into the chicken. Stir to coat the chicken.
- Heat flour tortillas and add chicken, shredded cheese, avocado, tomatoes, tortilla strips and lettuce.
- Drizzle with additional dressing, if desired.
- Fold up and place in a large skillet or frying pan, that is lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, and grilled until golden on both sides.
- Remove from the pan and enjoy.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.