Awesome Chicken Burritos
Grilling is one of the highlights of Summer! This awesome chicken burritos recipe has been a favorite in our house forever and is usually the first meal we make when we fire up the grill! Who doesn’t love BBQ chicken?
Just look at this chicken! Hot off the grill and ready to go! Challenge here… Bet when you make these burritos that you will NOT be able to eat only one. My Dad, when he was alive, told me that he only wanted one burrito one night when he was over for dinner. I told him that he wouldn’t be able to only eat one. Guess what? He had three, they’re that good!
There is wonderful flavor in these burritos. Marinating the chicken first is the most important step for these awesome tasting burritos. The ranch style beans have their own unique flavor. They do sell ranch style bean with jalapenos, which are delicious and they tastes amazing in this recipe. Since I haven’t been able to find those any longer at our local grocery store, I just add my own jalapenos if we are wanting a spicier burrito. So either style of beans works well depending on your taste.
The salsa might not look the best but it is amazing! Adding the 4 additional ingredients just gives the salsa so much flavor and the cilantro just tops it off! You can never have too much cilantro! Feel free to add more avocados or other ingredients to your salsa. The chunkier, the better!
When you are assembling your burritos, cut your pieces of chicken into strips. Heat up the uncooked tortillas, coat with a thin layer of real butter, add a couple spoonfuls of beans (drain off most of the liquid), add the strips of chicken, then add the salsa! Roll it up and enjoy!
This Awesome Chicken Burritos recipe is from a friend of mine, Margaret. She made these for me 20 years ago and I’ve been making them ever since!
- 3-4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 26 oz can Ranch Style® Beans
- 12-14 Flour tortillas, uncooked if possible
- ½ stick butter
- 1 packet of Good Season's® Italian Dressing Mix
- Red wine vinegar
- 1 24 oz jar of Pace® Picante Salsa, Medium
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, sliced thin
- ¾ cup cilantro, chopped
- 3-4 avocados, cut into small squares
- Cut each chicken breasts into 3 strips (for easier grilling).
- Add to large bowl and set aside.
- When chicken has marinated, grill over low heat until temperature of chicken reaches 165°.
- Follow the directions on the box.
- Add red wine vinegar to the line indicated on your cruet.
- Add water, then packet contents, then oil.
- Close lid and shake until well combined.
- Pour over chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Pour salsa in a medium bowl.
- Add tomatoes, onions, cilantro and avocados.
- Gently stir until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- When you're building your burrito, cut chicken into strips.
- Heat beans in a small saucepan until hot.
- In a large frying pan, over medium heat, cook uncooked tortillas until cooked to your likeness (if you cannot find the uncooked tortillas, you can use regular tortillas and heat them up directly on your stove top burner. The uncooked are just so much more delicious).
- Once tortillas are cooked, add a small amount of butter.
- Add 2 Tbs of ranch style beans, then add cut up chicken, next salsa.
- Roll up and enjoy!
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!