These cheesy ground beef empanadas are full of deliciously seasoned ground beef, loaded with two types of cheese and then baked to perfection. The flaky pie crust that surrounds the meat and cheese is so flaky and golden brown.
This delicious cheesy ground beef empanada recipe is one I’ve been meaning to share with you all. It wasn’t until my man reminded me yesterday that he’s been “begging and begging” for me to make him his empanadas.
Empanadas with Beef and Cheese
As a result, I hopped right up and made him his request. I seriously did hop right to it and whipped these babies up for him. Now he’s a happy man enjoying one of his favorites.
How To Make Beef Empanadas
Start out by adding ground beef, onions and garlic to a cast iron pan or a large frying pan. Cook until meat is not longer pink and onions are translucent, then drain grease. Return to pan and sprinkle with seasonings. Stir and then add tomato sauce and jalapeños. Simmer for 15 minutes while preparing the pie crust.
Easy Empanadas with Pie Crust
On a lightly flour surface, unroll room temperature pie crust and roll a time or two with a rolling pin to enlarge just a bit. Using a 4 inch bowl, turn upside down and press down on pie crust. You should be able to get 4 pieces from each pie crust. Take one piece of pre-cut crust and lightly add a little water around the edge. Add cheese and about 1/4 cup of meat mixture. Fold over and seal with a fork crimping the edges. Place on a baking sheet, baste with an egg wash and bake for 15 minutes or until crust is a flaky, golden brown. Remove and enjoy. Easy, peasy!
Try These Cheesy Ground Beef Empanadas Today
Here are a few more delicious recipes that can be found on the blog: BBQ Brisket Tacos, Chicken Fried Steak Bites, Parmesan Crusted Lemon Chicken Strips, Triple Berry Cobbler, Lemon Cheesecake Cookies, plus many more.
Cheesy Ground Beef Empanadas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama® seasoning
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red peppers
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp diced jalapeños
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 2 boxes Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Pie Crust
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a cast iron pan or large frying pan, add ground beef, chopped onions, minced garlic and cook over medium heat until ground beef is no longer pink. Drain grease and return to pan.
- Sprinkle with seasonings, stir.
- Add tomato sauce and jalapeños, stir and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Unroll pie crust on a lightly flour surface. Using a 4 inch bowl, turn bowl upside down and press down to cut dough. Should be able to get 4 pieces per pie crust.
- Add a little water to the edges of the dough before filling to help seal.
- Add a small amount of shredded cheese and about a 1/4 cup of meat mixture.
- Fold dough over and using a fork, close up the edges by pressing to seal and place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and one tablespoon of water together. Using a basting brush, brush egg wash over the top of each empanada.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until empanada crust is golden brown.
- Carefully remove from oven and enjoy.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.