This easy one-pot beef pasta is a hearty and flavorful ground beef recipe that is cheesy, seasoned perfectly, and packed with savory goodness. A quick and easy weeknight dinner that is sure to become a new favorite.
If you love hefty, hearty meals that can feed a family and are on the table in just minutes, then you’ve come to the right place. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you my delicious beef pasta recipe. This is a one-pot dish that is absolutely full of delicious ingredients and satisfies even the biggest eaters. I know because I’ve been feeding it to my family for years. When my kids were in school, this was a favorite of theirs, and if I’m being honesty, their friends, as well. If you’re a mom, you know what I’m talking about. Now that the kids are gone, I’ll still make this recipe every so often. It reheats well, and it’s just absolutely delicious.
This delicious pasta dish starts with a mixture of ground beef, onions, and jalapenos that I cook until the meat is done and the veggies are tender. Then, I add a mixture of zesty seasonings, Rotel, beef broth, and heavy cream. I add pasta and cook it until tender, then, finally, I add sour cream and two kind of cheese. When it’s all said and done, I have a rich, hearty, cheesy beef pasta dish that only took about 45 minutes from start to finish! I’m in and out of the kitchen in no time, and my family is full, full, full. It’s the perfect dinner!
Why You’ll Love This One-Pot Beef Pasta Recipe
- It’s flavorful and satisfying, made with savory ground beef, onions, garlic, diced jalapenos, tomatoes, two types of cheese, sour cream, and seasoned perfectly, which creates a delicious combination of flavors.
- It is easy to make and it only requires one pot. Even beginner cooks can make this recipe following simple straightforward instructions.
- It’s a family-friendly and budget-friendly, hearty ground beef recipe the whole family will enjoy, and the leftovers are just as good.
Beef Pasta Ingredients
This delicious pasta dish uses simple ingredients that you can find in your kitchen or at your local grocery store. It doesn’t take anything fancy to make all the delicious flavor this dish has in it.
- Ground beef
- Cloves garlic
- Taco seasoning (or 1 packet)
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Beef broth
- Heavy cream
- Rotini pasta
- Sour cream
- Mozzarella cheese
- Colby Jack cheese
How to Make Beef Pasta
Making this dish is just as simple as gathering up the ingredients. If you can use a skillet, you can make this dish. It’s so simple, and with one pot, cleanup is a breeze, too.
Step 1: Cook the Beef and Veggies
Cook the ground beef, onions, and jalapenos in a large skillet over medium heat until the meat is completely cooked and the vegetables are tender. Drain and return the mixture to the pan.
Step 2: Add Seasonings and Rotel
Add the garlic powder, pepper, and taco seasoning. Then, stir in the Rotel and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
Step 3: Add the Remaining Sauce Ingredients
Pour in the beef broth, heavy cream, and water, and stir to combine.
Step 4: Cook the Pasta
Add the pasta to the mixture, stir, cover, and cook for 10 to 12 minutes until the pasta is tender.
Step 5: Finish the Beef Pasta
When the pasta is tender, stir in the sour cream, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and ½ cup Colby Jack cheese. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, then remove the pot from the heat. Top with the remaining cheese, cover the pot with the lid, and let it sit for a few minutes until the cheese is melted. Enjoy!
- Cook your beef mixture on medium heat to avoid burning the onions.
- Cook your beef until no longer pink and no further. Overcooking ground beef makes it tough and rubbery.
- Always wash your hands and NEVER touch your face when working with hot peppers.
- Cook your pasta until al dente and no further. Overcooking the pasta will cause it to break apart in your dish.
- For a mild version of this recipe, omit the jalapenos, or for an even spicier version, add some red pepper flakes.
- You can make this beef pasta with sharp cheddar cheese, cheddar Jack, taco, or Mexican blend cheeses.
- For more flavor, try making this dish with chorizo.
- You can use ground pork, ground turkey, or ground Italian sausage if you prefer.
- Any short noodle variation will work in this recipe.
What to Serve with Beef Pasta
This is a hearty, one-pot dish that’s a meal in and of itself. I recommend keeping things simple. Try serving it alongside a simple salad, some crusty bread, Texas toast, or garlic bread.
Beef pasta is a one-pot dish made with ground beef, onions, garlic, and jalapenos, zesty seasonings, and a sauce made with Rotel, beef broth, and heavy cream. Noodles are cooked directly in the dish, and then cheese is added to create a hearty, beef and pasta meal that’s made in one dish.
Opt for relatively lean ground beef – 80% to 90% should allow for enough fat to make the beef flavorful but keep the pasta dish from being greasy.
Rotini, macaroni, rigatoni, or any short noodles works well in this beef pasta dish. Stay away from spaghetti and other long pasta variations, as these will simply clump and make eating the dish difficult.
This beef pasta will last for up to 4 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
How to Store and Reheat Beef Pasta Leftovers
Refrigerate this pasta dish in an airtight container for up to 4 days. For longer storage, freeze it in an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
To reheat the beef pasta, place it in a skillet and cook over medium-low heat until heated through.
Try This Easy Ground Beef Pasta Recipe Today
This delicious beef pasta dish is the perfect marriage of flavor and ease. This one-skillet meal is ready in just about 30 minutes and full of hearty ingredients that everyone will love. It’s the perfect recipe for busy weeknights. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time, and your family will be stuffed to the gills with beefy, cheesy, pasta goodness. If that isn’t the best recipe for a family meal, I don’t know what is! Give this one a try, and I know you’ll be making it a permanent part of your recipe rotation for years to come.
More Easy Ground Beef Recipes You’ll Enjoy
This Beef Noodle Casserole is a hearty, easy, and delicious ground beef recipe that is perfectly seasoned, loaded with corn, egg noodles, and lots of cheese in a savory tomato base sauce the whole family will enjoy.
Beef Pasta (Easy One Pot Recipe)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounce can Rotel
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning, or 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups water
- 16 ounce Rotini pasta
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet or frying pan, cook ground beef, onions, and jalapeños until meat is completely cooked and veggies are tender.
- Drain grease and return beef to pan.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, pepper, and taco seasoning.
- Stir in Rotel and let cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour in beef broth, heavy cream and water. Stir to combine.
- Add in pasta, stir, and cover. Let cook until pasta is tender (10-12 mins).
- Once pasta is cooked, stir in sour cream, 1 cup mozzarella, and ½ cup Colby Jack cheese.
- Let cook for 4-5 mins, top with remaining cheese, and cover until cheese is melted.
Follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media. Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest.