Breakfast burritos are a delicious and satisfying way to start your day. They are made with tender, juicy steak, scrambled eggs, and two types of cheese and wrapped up in a burrito. The burritos are then grilled on the stove to give them a nice, crispy exterior. The flavors of the steak, eggs, and cheese are perfectly balanced, and the grilling adds a nice crunch. These burritos are sure to become a favorite breakfast item for you and your family.
If you love a hearty breakfast that’s a little different than your standard fair, then you’re going to be excited to try these breakfast burritos. They’re not just breakfast, they’re a breakFEAST. I’ve fully loaded them with steak, scrambled eggs, cheese, and zesty seasonings, then pan-fried them until golden and crispy. These have been a favorite breakfast treat in my family for years. They’re so good, so hearty, and most importantly, so easy!
These delicious burritos start with tender, seasoned New York strip steak. I combine it with perfectly scrambled eggs and two kinds of cheese. Finally, I wrap them up in a tortilla and pan-fry them until they’re crispy and golden brown. They’re overflowing with melty, beefy goodness, and they’ll power you through the entire morning. You can’t beat them!
Why You’ll Love This Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- The flavor combination of the tender steak, the creamy scrambled eggs, and the melted cheese is simply irresistible, and then grilled on the stove, takes these breakfast burritos to the next level.
- They are hearty, filling, and satisfying and are packed with protein, so they’ll definitely keep you full until lunchtime. They are also a great source of energy, so they are perfect for a delicious before a long day.
- They’re easy to make and the ingredients are simple and easy to find. You can even make them ahead of time and reheat them in the microwave for a quick and easy breakfast on the go.
Breakfast Burrito Ingredients
This recipe uses just a few simple ingredients, and a lot of them are probably in your kitchen right now. Whatever you don’t have is just a quick trip to the store away. It’s very basic to be so flavorful.
- Boneless New York strip steaks
- Garlic salt
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- Black pepper
- Pepper jack cheese or Monterey jack cheese
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Large eggs
- Flour tortillas
- Additional butter for eggs, and frying the burritos
How to Make Breakfast Burritos
Making these burritos is just as easy as getting your ingredients together. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps.
Step 1: Cook the Steak
Melt butter over medium heat in a large cast-iron skillet. Add the steak and sprinkle with seasonings. Then, cook the steak until it reaches your desired doneness.
Step 2: Scramble the Eggs
Whisk the eggs and add them to the same skillet with a little butter. Scramble them until light and fluffy. Then, stir the steak into the eggs.
Step 3: Fill the Burritos
Heat tortillas one at a time and place a heaping amount of steak and egg mixture in the center of the tortilla. Top with both types of cheeses and roll the tortilla into a burrito. Repeat until all the burritos are filled.
Step 4: Fry the Burritos
Melt a little butter in a large frying pan. Add the burritos and fry them until golden brown on both sides. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- Cooking your steak over medium-high heat allows for a nice crust on the steak.
- For the fluffiest eggs, scramble them with a fork instead of a spatula.
- A cast-iron skillet works best because it retains heat well.
- For a spicy breakfast burrito, add diced jalapenos to the steak mixture.
- You can use breakfast sausage or bacon in place of steak.
- Use your favorite cheese in this recipe.
What to Serve with Breakfast Burritos
Serve these burritos with your favorite toppings such as:
- Sour cream
- Pico de Gallo
- Green onions
Ingredients like steak, sausage, bacon, eggs, cheese, and even hash browns are all amazing in breakfast burritos.
To begin with, they’re delicious. In addition, breakfast burritos can be enjoyed on the go.
Your favorite breakfast vegetables like onions, garlic, mushrooms, green peppers, potatoes, and even diced jalapenos if you like spicy food are excellent in breakfast burritos.
Breakfast burritos can contain a variety of ingredients, but at their core, most breakfast burritos have some kind of meat, eggs, and cheese.
Make the burritos according to the recipe directions. Then, cool them to room temperature, wrap them in plastic wrap, and freeze them for up to 2 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container. Remove them, thaw them, and reheat them.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Breakfast Burritos
Refrigerate leftover burritos in an airtight container for up to 3 days. For longer storage, wrap them individually in plastic wrap and place them in an airtight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
To reheat the burritos, place them on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
Try This Delicious Breakfast Burrito Recipe Today
These delicious breakfast burritos are fully loaded with your favorite breakfast ingredients, and they’re so easy to make. You can’t beat that combo! With tender New York strip steak, scrambled eggs, and two kinds of cheese wrapped up in a tortilla and pan-fried to golden brown deliciousness, these burritos will satisfy anyone who tries them. Give these a try, and I know you’ll find yourself making them again and again.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes You’ll Enjoy
This Fried Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich is the perfect breakfast sandwich which combines two classic favorites into one delicious breakfast recipe. Made with Thick Texas toast, two fried eggs, two types of cheese, and grilled to crispy, golden perfection.
Breakfast Burrito with Steak, Egg and Cheese
- 2.5 pounds boneless New York strip steak, cut into bite size chunks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 large eggs, scrambled
- 8 flour tortillas, burrito size 10-inch
- Additional butter for eggs, and frying the burritos
- Melt two tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a large cast iron skillet or a large frying pan.
- Add steak and sprinkle with all of the seasonings. Stir.
- Cook until desired doneness is obtained. Remove from the pan and place in a bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and cook in the same large frying pan with a little butter until the eggs are light and fluffy, with no visible liquid egg remaining.
- Once scrambled to desired doneness, add steak. Stir to combine.
- Heat tortillas, one at a time, and place a heaping amount of steak and egg mixture onto the center of the tortilla. Top with both types of cheese. Roll up into a burrito. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, melt a little butter and place a couple burritos at a time into the pan and fry until golden on both sides.
- Repeat until all the burritos are fried.
- Top with your favorite toppings, such as, sour cream, guacamole, sliced avocado, salsa, cilantro, green onions.
Follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media. Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest.