There is just something about a white cake. This creamy white cake with buttercream frosting is a really moist cake with a delicious buttercream frosting. I originally wanted to have a filling between the layers, but I wasn’t able to find decent raspberries so, I made this cake with layers of buttercream, which I love! There is nothing better than a good buttercream frosting to top your cake with.
You could make this creamy white cake with buttercream frosting with any type of filling. Lemon would be absolutely delicious. Blueberry, cranberry, cherry, strawberry, and mango would also be good to use depending on the season.
When you pour this into your pans, just spread the batter around to fill the bottom of the pan. It doesn’t seem like there is enough, but trust me, there is and it will work perfectly.
Craving a delicious white cake? Try this today.
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 egg whites
- ½ cup coconut flakes, optional for garnish
- 1½ cup butter
- 5 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease 3 (9 inch) round cake pans. Line with parchment paper. Grease and flour parchment paper. Set aside.
- Allow eggs whites to sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes before using.
- In a small bowl, mix milk and vanilla together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add sugar. Mix until light and fluffy. Add flour and baking powder, into the butter mixture, alternating with the milk and vanilla mixture. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold gently into cake batter. Pour into prepared pans. Spread with spatula to cover pans completely with batter.
- Bake at 350° for approximately 30 minutes or until wooden tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place on cooling rack for 10 minutes then removed from pans, set cakes on cooling rack and discard parchment paper.
- For the Frosting: Beat butter until light and creamy. Add milk and vanilla and mix well. Gently add powdered sugar and mix until well blended.
- Frost as soon as cake has cooled. Garnish with coconut flakes.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!