This deliciously moist apple loaf cake with maple cinnamon buttercream frosting is easy to make and has all the flavors of fall. A delicious apple spice cake the whole family will enjoy.
It’s that time of year, everybody! No, not pumpkin spice everything, although I do enjoy pumpkin spice. No, it’s time for apples! Apple pie, apple cake, apple bread, apple oatmeal. Apples everywhere, y’all! I’ve always been a big fan of apples. I love to make savory recipes with them, and of course, all kinds of desserts. Apple pie is the classic that most of us think about when we think of apple recipes, but I actually make my delicious apple loaf cake even more often than I make apple pie! I particularly love this one because it’s so easy and so versatile. It makes a delicious dessert, and then the next day, it’s perfect for a sweet breakfast or an afterschool snack for the kids. It’s really a dream recipe for any parent or anyone who loves apples.
Apple Loaf Cake
This delicious apple loaf cake is nice and dense – exactly what you’d expect from a quick bread. However, it’s also incredibly moist because I make it with applesauce. it’s sweetened with both dark brown sugar and maple for an extra rich flavor, and it’s spiced with apple classics like cinnamon and allspice. Finally, I load it up with chopped pecans and then bake it to rich moist perfection. After it’s all said and done, I end up with a delicious apple quick bread that’s rich, sweet, substantial, and so moist. It’s heaven for any apple lover.
Why You’ll Love This Apple Loaf Cake Recipe
- It’s so moist and delicious.
- It’s a wonderful dessert filled with iconic fall flavors that everyone loves.
- And, it’s easy to make and only uses a few simple ingredients.
Apple Loaf Cake Tips and Variations
This is an incredibly simple recipe, but I do have a couple of tips to help it bake up the best it possibly can. I also have a couple of variations that I think you’ll enjoy.
- Always fully soften your butter for the best creaming. Otherwise, you’ll end up with little pieces of raw butter in your batter.
- Bring your eggs to room temperature before mixing them into your batter to ensure that you baked goods bake up nice and fluffy.
- Mix your ingredients until just combined. Overmixing makes a tough loaf.
- Try adding chopped walnuts or almonds in place of pecans.
- A simple vanilla glaze drizzled over the top of the bread is delicious or dusted with powdered sugar.
- Make a maple buttercream frosting to add to the top of your apple loaf cake.
What to Serve with Apple Cake
Try adding any of the following when serving your apple loaf cake.
- Vanilla ice cream
- Apple ice cream
- Whipped cream
Apple Loaf Cake FAQ
If you have questions about this recipe, then read on. The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about apple loaf cake.
What is a loaf cake?
A loaf cake is any cake that’s baked in a loaf pan.
Are loaf cake and pound cake the same?
No. Pound cakes got their name because they were originally made with a pound each of flour, sugar, butter, and eggs. They were usually baked in a loaf pan, however a loaf cake is any kind of cake made with any ingredient proportion that’s been simply baked in a loaf pan.
Why is it called apple cake?
Apple cake gets its name because apples are the main flavor and ingredient.
Does apple loaf cake need to be refrigerated?
No, but it will increase the lifespan of the cake by a few days.
Can apple cake be frozen?
Absolutely. It freezes incredibly well without the added frosting.
How to Store Apple Loaf Cake
Store this cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. For longer storage, wrap the cooled cake tightly in a double layer of plastic wrap and a layer of foil and freeze for up to 3 months.
Apple Loaf Cake Ingredients
It only takes a few basic kitchen staples to make this recipe. You probably have them all in your kitchen already, and if you don’t, you can easily find them at your local grocery store.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Butter, softened
- Dark brown sugar
- Maple syrup
- Large eggs
- Unsweetened apple sauce
- Chopped pecans
How to Make Apple Loaf Cake
Making this cake is as easy as the ingredient list. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray (2) 8×4 loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Step 2: Combine the Dry Ingredients
Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice together in a large bowl.
Step 3: Combine the Wet Ingredients
In another bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and maple sugar together using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Then, add the eggs on at a time and beat until combined.
Step 4: Make the Batter
On low speed, gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing until combined. Then, add the applesauce and mix until just combined, and stir in the chopped pecans.
Step 5: Bake
Pour the cake batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Step 6: Cool
Place the pan on a wire rack and cool the cake for 10 to 15 minutes. Then, invert the pan, shaking the cake out onto the wire rack or plate. Let cake cool completely before adding frosting.
Try This Delicious Apple Spice Loaf Cake Today
This apple cake loaf is super moist, dense, and full of delicious apple flavor and classic spices. It’s a delicious dessert, sweet breakfast, or snack that’s perfect for any occasion and always loved by everyone. You’ll love how easy it is to make, too. Give this one a try, and add it to your fall baking list, and I guarantee you’ll find yourself making it again and again.
More Delicious Fall Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Apple Cinnamon Pretzel Salad – This delicious sweet and salty dessert is made with apples, cinnamon and pretzels. Easy, delicious and the perfect dessert to kick off the fall season.
Caramel Apple Pecan Cobbler – A delicious cobbler recipe made with fresh, juicy apples, chopped pecans, caramel, topped with a cobbler topping and drizzled with caramel. Absolutely delicious!
Apple Pecan Cake with Caramel Glaze – This amazing apple cake is loaded with little chunks of apples and chopped pecans, then baked to perfection and covered with a caramel glaze that takes this apple cake over the top!
And, here is a delicious Apple Fritters recipe from our other blog, Deliciously Seasoned, that you might enjoy as well.
Apple Loaf Cake with Pecans
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup chopped pecans
For the Molasses Cinnamon Frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray (2) 8×4 loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
For the Apple Pecan Loaf Cake
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice.
- In a separate bowl using an electric mixture, cream together butter, sugar, and maple syrup until light fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until combined.
- Mix on low speed and slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix just until combined then add applesauce. Be careful not to over mix and stir in pecans.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Invert cake and let cool completely before slicing.
For the Molasses Cinnamon Frosting
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, molasses and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar and cinnamon. Frost cake once completely cool.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.