Yay, fall is finally here! How about a delicious caramel apple pecan cobbler to kick start the fall season of delicious tasting holiday desserts? This Caramel Apple Pecan Cobbler is loaded with juicy, tender, tart apples, chopped pecans and delicious caramel, topped with a delicious cobbler topping and then caramel drizzled over the top for an incredibly delicious, family favorite, homemade dessert that tastes like heaven.
Just look at that caramel drizzled across the top of that cobbler! Make sure to eat it up quickly because the caramel will harden some what. But even at that, it’s delicious!
This tasty cobbler is loaded with caramel, pecans and sweetness, that’s for sure, and a ton of tender apples! If you like a lot of juices in your cobbler, just add a couple more apples. You can also cut the topping recipe in half. That’s one of the best parts of a delicious tasting cobbler, so I wouldn’t recommend that unless you want to make a smaller cobbler.
This caramel apple pecan cobbler is super sweet, super delicious and super satisfying!
Want more delicious cobblers
If you love cobblers and fruit crisps, then check out all of my recipes. There are a few delicious cobblers you can find on the blog like these delicious Peach Blackberry Cobbler, Blueberry Cobbler, and Fresh Peach Cobbler, just to name a few. Basically, I use the same recipe and change-up the fruit for both the cobblers, and the crisps. So once you find a great tasting cobbler, make sure to keep the recipe so you can continue to create other fruit cobblers with ease.
Caramel Apple Goodness
This is definitely a great fall dessert to make for this time of year. The smell in the kitchen is heavenly with the smell of apples and cinnamon and the mixing of all the juices, and that delicious caramel. When I think of apples, I always think caramel, and when thinking of caramel, I always think of apples. Two great ingredients that go hand in hand and make so many delicious baked goods taste amazing!
I hope you enjoy this caramel apple pecan cobbler as much as we do! Happy Fall everyone!!
Try this delicious cobbler today
Caramel Apple Pecan Cobbler
For the Apple Filling
For the Caramel Sauce
For the topping
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Add sliced apples to large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch, lemon juice and nutmeg over apples.
- Stir until apples are coated then add pecans. Stir.
- In a small heavy bottom pan, melt butter over low heat.
- Stir in brown sugar and milk.
- Bring to a boil over low heat and continue stirring constantly for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Stir.
- Let caramel cool for 10 minutes. Pour over apple mixture and stir (save a small amount to drizzle over the top. You will have to heat it up again so that the sauce is easy to drizzle).
- Pour into an ungreased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- Using a pastry blender, mix butter into flour mixture until crumbly.
- Pour in boiling water and stir until combined.
- Spoon mixture over apples and spread making sure to cover all the apples.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.
Have Pinterest Boards?
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Also, make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe.