Hey all you chocolate lovers and chocoholics, this chocolate lover’s zucchini cake is definitely for you, and truly a chocolate lover’s dream!
This Chocolate Lover’s Zucchini Cake is loaded with chocolaty yumminess!! From the delicious moist cake, to the creamy chocolate frosting, this is one that will have you coming back for more! And… it even has veggies! What is better than that? Simple, delicious and healthy!! Well, I consider it somewhat healthy, wink, wink!
There is so much chocolate to satisfy those cravings that seem to just creep up at the strangest times. I seriously want chocolate quite often, and this is definitely a cake that is easy to make, and one that will satisfy, whatever time of the day!
Just look at all this chocolate goodness! You can see the moistness just sitting there waiting to be eaten. Talk about heaven! This is so good! I could eat the whole cake. Well I say that, but it really is that good!!! I really wouldn’t eat the whole thing but….
I hope you enjoy this cake as much as I have! You could even add in some chocolate chips to make it even that much more chocolaty! Yum!
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2½ cups flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- 2¼ cups grated zucchini
- 1 stick butter, melted
- ⅔ Cup Cocoa
- 3 Cups Powder sugar
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix sugar, oil, and eggs together until creamy.
- Add in vanilla, and mix until well combined.
- In a smaller bowl, stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, cinnamon, and salt together with a small whisk just to blend everything together.
- Add flour mixture in with the sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla. Mix well.
- Slowly mix in the milk.
- After everything is well combined, stir in the zucchini.
- Pour into bundt pan and bake for approximately 60 minutes.
- Cake will be done when tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- *Check cake at 50-55 minutes
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add melted butter. Mix in cocoa.
- Next add in some powder sugar and then milk, then some powder sugar then milk. Repeat until all is well mixed. Mix on low speed.
- After frosting is well blended, add in vanilla.
- Makes about 2 cups of frosting.
- Frost cake once cake has cooled.
Frosting from Hershey’s Cocoa.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!