Apple Pear Walnut Crisp
This Apple Pear Walnut Crisp is so easy to make and will definitely satisfy your dessert craving! The flavor of the apples and pears, along with the crunchiness of the walnuts, mixed together with all the juices, make for one DELICIOUS treat! Oh, and I can’t forget the delicious crunchy topping that just finishes it off!
I’ve been wanting to make something warm and satisfying, and I had some apples and pears that needed to be used, so I decided to make this tasty treat to share with you! I hope you enjoy this wonderful fall dessert. Make sure to get yourself some vanilla ice cream to top it off with. You are gonna love this one! If you like sweets, you will be in heaven! It definitely is sweet and full of flavor.
Try this apple pear walnut crisp today
- 4-5 Granny Smith apples (peel, core and slice)
- 3 Bartlett pears (peel and slice)
- ½ cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ stick butter
- 2 cups flour (unsifted)
- 1 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour and brown sugar. Add 1 cup of butter and mix on low speed until crumbly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk sugar, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Peel, core and slice apples and pears. Put in a large bowl, add walnuts.
- Mix in sugar mixture and stir until all fruit and walnuts are coated well.
- Pour fruit mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Add the remaining ¼ cup butter (sliced) and just place on top of the fruit mixture randomly.
- Add the flour mixture on top of fruit and spread evenly.
- Bake uncovered at 400° for 40 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.