Blueberry Walnut Crisp Recipe
Now that blueberries are totally in season, this delicious blueberry walnut crisp is just the beginning of the many delicious recipes that you can make with these tasty little gems. Anything with blueberries is always a hit at our house. This blueberry walnut crisp will surely be a hit with your family and friends too. Talk about love, you are going to love, love, love this recipe.
Blueberry Crisp With Walnuts
Summer fruit is the absolute best. There’s nothing better then berries of all kinds. We usually stock up on blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. Freezing them works wonders if you tend to buy more than you plan on using, like we do ALL THE TIME.
This delicious blueberry walnut crisp recipe is loaded with blueberries bursting with delicious flavor in every bite. Just look at this juice. It’s so A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! Get some vanilla ice cream and you’ll be in dessert heaven.
I’ve been on a crisp kick lately, blueberry, blackberry and peach! There is an amazingly tasty apple pear walnut crisp on the blog which is basically the same recipe with just a few changes. I’ll be making a blackberry crisp in the next week or two that you will love as well. Try this today with your favorite fruit!
Here are a few other delicious fruit desserts you can find on the blog: Fresh Peach Cobbler, Easy Cherry Cobbler, Peach Blackberry Cobbler, Cranberry Orange Pecan Crisp, Blueberry Cobbler, plus many more delicious cobblers and crisp recipes.
Blueberry Crisp Recipe
Blueberry Walnut Crisp
- 6 cups blueberries
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ stick butter
- 2 cups flour, unsifted
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup butter, 2 sticks
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour and brown sugar.
- Add 1 cup of butter and mix on low speed until crumbly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk sugar, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Rinse blueberries and add to another medium bowl. Add lemon juice. Toss to coat. Stir in walnuts.
- Mix in sugar mixture and stir until blueberries and walnuts are coated well.
- Pour fruit mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Add the remaining ¼ cup butter (sliced) and just place on top of the fruit mixture randomly.
- Add the flour mixture on top of fruit and spread evenly.
- Bake uncovered at 400° for 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.