This shrimp fettuccine with creamy white sauce is a quick and easy shrimp and pasta recipe that can be on the table in about 35-40 minutes. Seasoned perfectly, this flavorful dish is a wonderful way to spice up a weeknight meal.
If you love fettuccine alfredo, then you’re going to love this creamy, zesty, shrimp-filled version. I love to put a zesty kick of flavor and heat into everything I make, and this fettuccine recipe is no different. For years, I’ve been making this dish filled with shrimp, fettuccine noodles, and a creamy sauce with just the right amount of kick. It makes a delicious family meal that’s easy enough to cook for a weeknight dinner and fancy enough to serve at special occasions. The fact that it’s so quick and easy is a big bonus as well. It’s one of those dishes that everyone thinks takes a ton of effort, but in reality, is super easy and super fast. Remember, don’t spoil the illusion!
This recipe starts with jumbo shrimp that are pan-fried to tender perfection. Then they’re combined with a rich, creamy white sauce that has an added kick of Slap Ya Mama Cajun seasoning for a zesty, kicked-up twist. Finally it’s all served with a heaping helping of perfectly cooked al dente fettuccine to create a delicious, creamy pasta and shrimp dish that everyone always loves.
Why You’ll Love This Shrimp Fettuccine Recipe
- It’s a super easy shrimp and pasta recipe with a delicious, creamy, cheesy white sauce that’s to die for.
- It only takes a few simple ingredients for a fantastic dinner meal that everyone loves.
- It only takes about 35 minutes to make!
Shrimp Fettuccine Ingredients
This recipe uses simple ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store. The actual measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- Black pepper
- Slap Ya Mama Cajun seasoning
- Fettuccine pasta
- All purpose flour
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Red pepper flakes
- Pasta water
How to Make Shrimp Fettuccine
Making this recipe is as simple as the ingredient list. It only takes a few steps and about 30 minutes!
Step 1: Cook the Pasta
In a large pot of salted water, bring to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions for al dente. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water, then drain the pasta and set it aside.
Step 2: Cook the Shrimp
Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Then, add the shrimp and seasonings and cook for 3 minutes on each side until pink. Remove and set aside.
Step 3: Make the Sauce
Melt butter in a large skillet and whisk or stir in the flour until well combined. Then, pour in the heavy cream and stir. Add the parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Finally, added the pasta water and seasonings and stir. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Step 4: Complete the Dish
Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and stir to combine. Then, add the shrimp and stir. Serve piping hot with a side salad and crusty bread.
Shrimp Fettuccine Tips and Variations
Even though this is a simple recipe, I have a couple of tips here to help you take it from good to great. I also have some variations that I think you’ll enjoy, as well.
- Be sure not to overcook your shrimp. Shrimp cooks incredibly quickly, and if you overdo it, you’ll end up with tough, rubbery shrimp. Eww.
- Cook your pasta until al dente and no further. Overcooked pasta has a soft, mushy texture and it can break up when mixed into the sauce.
- Stir continuously when making your white sauce to avoid sticking or burning.
- Add andouille sausage for a shrimp and sausage combo.
- Use short noodles like penne or macaroni for a dish you can eat with a spoon.
- Omit the Slap Ya Mama seasoning for a more classic alfredo dish.
- Add broccoli.
Shrimp Fettuccine FAQ
If you want to know more about this recipe, then read on. The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about shrimp fettuccine.
What is shrimp fettuccine?
It’s a simple, classic dish made with tender shrimp, creamy cheese sauce, and fettuccine noodles.
What sides go with shrimp fettuccine?
You have several options when it comes to this dish. Its creamy flavor and texture pair well with several side dishes.
Can you freeze this fettuccine alfredo?
You can freeze this easily. Place the pasta in an airtight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag for up to 3 months.
What’s the difference between white sauce and alfredo sauce?
White sauce and alfredo sauce are similar, but they’re not the same. White sauce is a French sauce called Bechamel made of a roux and cream. Alfredo sauce is an Italian sauce traditionally made with heavy cream, butter, parmesan cheese, and occasionally garlic. Although these days many people use a roux to begin the sauce.
How long does shrimp fettuccine last in the fridge?
You can store your leftovers in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for 3 to 5 days.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
Refrigerate your leftovers for up to 5 days in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer. To freeze, place the cooled shrimp fettuccine in an airtight container that is freezer-safe or heavy-duty freezer bag and freeze.
To reheat this dish, place it in a saucepan or high-sided pan and heat over medium-low heat until it’s heated through.
Try This Delicious Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo Today
This shrimp fettuccine alfredo is ready in minutes, absolutely delicious, and always a crowd-pleaser. A recipe this delicious and easy is sure to be a hit with both you and your family. Give it a try, and you’ll find yourself making it again and again. It’s so good and so simple, why the heck wouldn’t you?
More Shrimp Recipes
Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packs – A quick and easy shrimp recipe that is loaded with shrimp, kielbasa sausage, tender potatoes, corn on the cob and seasoned perfectly.
Coconut Shrimp – A delicious appetizer made with large shrimp dipped into a coconut breadcrumb mixture and fried to golden perfection.
Shrimp Sausage Rice Skillet – This deep flavored, savory, peppery stew of herbs and spices with aromatic celery and onions beautifully complement the buttery shrimp and juicy andouille sausage mixed in a saucy bed of fluffy white rice.
And, here is a delicious and easy Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp recipe from Deliciously Seasoned that you are going to enjoy as well.
For the Shrimp
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, boil water, with a little salt added, and cook pasta until al dente.
- Remove ½ cup of pasta water and set aside. Drain pasta and set aside.
- In a frying pan, melt butter and then add shrimp and seasonings. Cook for 3 minutes on each side until pink.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and stir in flour until well combined.
- Pour in the heavy cream, stir, then add Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Add pasta water and seasonings, stir and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce, stir to combine and add shrimp. Stir.
- Serve hot with a side salad and crusty bread.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.