These shrimp and sausage foil packets are a quick and easy meal baked in the oven. Loaded with shrimp, kielbasa sausage, tender potatoes and corn on the cob, this is a hearty, flavorful, and low-calorie meal. These foil packet meals are great to add to the grill during the summer and can be prepared ahead of time, which makes mealtime a breeze. So delicious.
When it comes to recipes, I’m a big, big fan of easy and delicious. That’s the best combo, in my opinion. Sure, I’ve made some fancy recipes in my day, but I always come back to recipes that come together quickly and get me in and out of the kitchen fast. The thing is, they have to be as delicious as they are fast, though. I don’t want to sacrifice flavor for expedience. With this delicious recipe, I get the best of both worlds, which means I can make them any time I get the craving – or a request!
Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packets
These delicious packets are filled with shrimp, sausage, potatoes, and corn, along with delicious Cajun seasonings. It’s a hearty Cajun feast with everything we love about that deep south Louisiana cooking, and it’s all so easy to make. In less than an hour, you’ll have a piping hot meal on the table that’s overflowing with flavor.
Why You’ll Love This Shrimp and Sausage Recipe
Of course, this recipe is delicious, but it has more going for it than just that! It’s one of those recipes that makes the meal process delicious and easy from start to finish.
- It’s so EASY to make. It comes together in just under an hour.
- It’s absolutely delicious. Tender shrimp and sausage and perfectly cooked potatoes and corn combined with Cajun spices? It’s a winner.
- You can make this recipe in advance, which makes it even more convenient. Simply fill your foil packets and then make them when you’re ready.
- The ingredients are incredibly simple. It’s a dish that doesn’t rely on bells and whistles to deliver great flavor.
- Clean up is just as easy as making it. That’s a HUGE bonus, in my opinion.
In addition to all the reasons I just listed to love this recipe, there’s another great thing about it, as well. It’s so easy to switch things up. You can take this one recipe and make a variety of meals with it by simply changing a few things.
- Use chicken in place of shrimp – or in addition to it if you’re feeling extra carnivorous.
- Try different sausages like andouille, turkey, or any favorite.
- Try adding any of your favorite vegetables like bell pepper, zucchini, or okra.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions about these shrimp and sausage foil packets, then read on. The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about this dish.
What goes in foil packets?
You can add all kinds of ingredients when using this cooking method. Some of the most common ingredients include:
- Turkey sausage
- Andouille sausage
- Baby red potatoes
- Canned green beans
- Green, orange and red bell pepper
Why cook shrimp in foil packets?
Foil packets ensure even cooking, less mess, and never having to worry about losing any juiciness or seasoning again.
How do you make a foil packet for baking?
Place the food in the center of a piece of foil large enough to enclose the food one and a half times. Then, bring the shortest edges together over the food and fold them over about 1 inch. Continue to fold until it lies flat and snug against the food.
Can you cook foil packs on the grill?
You absolutely can. In fact, it’s common practice with smaller food like shrimp.
How to Store and Reheat Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packets Leftovers
It’s easy to store and reheat this dish.
Best Way to Store Shrimp and Sausage Leftovers
This recipe will keep well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Freezing Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packets
Place the foil packets in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bags for up to 2 months.
How to Reheat Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packets
Place the packets on a rimmed baking sheet. Then, heat them for about 15 minutes at 300 degrees.
Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packets Ingredients
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this easy, delicious recipe. You’ll find everything you need easily at your local grocery store.
- Jumbo shrimp – peeled and deveined with tail on
- Kielbasa sausage – cut into 2” chunks
- Corn cobs – cut into thirds
- Baby Yukon gold potatoes – washed and cut into quarters
- Onion, diced
- Cloves garlic – minced
- Slap Ya Mama
How to Make Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packets
Making this recipe is just as easy as gathering up the ingredients. It only takes a few simple steps, and you’ll have a delicious cajun meal in no time.
Step 1: Boil the Potatoes
Boil the quartered potatoes over medium heat in a large pot until slightly tender. Then, drain them and let them cool while you prep the rest of the vegetables.
Step 2: Prep
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and prepare (5) 12-inch pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Prep the vegetables, washing and cutting them as directed in the ingredient list.
Step 3: Mix and Season the Ingredients
Add the shrimp, sausage, corn cobs, diced onion, minced garlic, and cooled potatoes to a large bowl. Sprinkle all with seasoning and stir well.
Step 4: Fill the Packets
Divide the ingredients evenly between the 5 pieces of foil. Cut 5 lemon wedges and add a wedge to each foil packet, using the remaining piece of lemon to squeeze lemon juice into each packet.
Step 5: Seal and Bake
Pinch the short sides of the foil together and fold the ends together, pinching to seal. Place the packets on a baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Try These Easy Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packets Today
These delicious Cajun shrimp foil packets with sausage are loaded with flavor and come together in a snap. They’re the perfect dish for a potluck, get-together, or a simple weeknight meal. Whenever you make them and wherever you serve them, they’re always a great choice! Give these recipes a try today, and I know you’ll love them as much as I and my family do.
Looking for more shrimp recipes?
Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo – Here’s a delicious, creamy and easy Cajun shrimp recipe with a homemade alfredo sauce all mixed in with fettuccine pasta. An easy weeknight dinner recipe.
Shrimp Sausage Rice Skillet – This is a delicious skillet shrimp, sausage and rice meal that is loaded with andouille sausage, shrimp and tender rice, and it’s perfectly seasoned.
Grilled Cajun Lemon Shrimp – These grilled shrimp are seasoned in a delicious dry rub seasoning, put on skewers, placed on the grill, lemon juice squeezed onto them while grilling. An EASY and delicious BBQ recipe.
And, here is a delicious Shrimp Chow Mein from Deliciously Seasoned, our other blog, that you might enjoy as well.
Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packets
- Preheat the oven to 425° and prepare (5) 12” pieces of foil.
- In a large pot, over medium high heat, boil quartered potatoes until slightly tender. Drain water and let potatoes cool while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, add in the shrimp, sausage, corn cobs, diced onion, minced garlic, and cooled potatoes.
- Sprinkle with seasoning and stir well.
- Divide mixture between the 5 pieces of foil.
- Cut 5 lemon wedges, add a wedge to each foil packet and use the remaining piece of lemon to squeeze the juice into each packet.
- Pinch the short sides of foil together and then fold the other ends together and pinch to seal.
- Place packets on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
Here are a couple pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission.
If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.