This Salisbury Steak Meatballs and Noodles recipe is rich in savory flavor with tender, pan seared, ground beef meatballs, delicious mushroom gravy, all served over perfectly cooked egg noodles. An easy, family favorite, recipe the whole family will enjoy. Comfort food at it’s finest.
Easy Weeknight Meal
Salisbury steak is so delicious and now you can enjoy the savory flavor in this scrumptious Salisbury steak meatballs recipe that’s easy to make. With every bite you can taste the savory flavor, mixed with the mushroom gravy and then topped over egg noodles.
I’ve been on a Salisbury steak kick lately and have been craving egg noodles so what’s better than Salisbury steak meatballs and noodles. And I also have this delicious Salisbury Steak in Mushroom Onion Gravy that I posted on the blog last month (which this recipe is adapted from), that is to die for as well.
Both recipes are very versatile and can be changed up depending on whether you want mashed potatoes, egg noodles or served over rice. A favorite comfort food recipe that the whole family will enjoy and a family favorite here at our house.
Salisbury Steak Meatballs
Usually I bake my meatballs in the oven but when I make this Salisbury steak meatball recipe, I always pan sear the meat. There’s just something about pan searing ground beef that makes it tastes so delicious, and then with the mushroom gravy soaking into each meatball, this is to die for. So good.
What Do You Eat With These Meatballs
- Egg Noodles – What is it about egg noodles that make us crave them so much. For me, just the idea of having a delicious comfort food made with this pasta always satisfies those pasta cravings.
- Mashed Potatoes – A delightful way to enjoy meatballs and gravy over a bowl of mashed potatoes is always a delicious way to enjoy this recipe too!
- Rice – A bed of rice is also a delicious way to enjoy this Salisbury steak meatball recipe.
The deliciousness of the mushroom gravy, mixed with the tender meatballs, makes this a delicious meal the whole family will love and enjoy. Leftovers are amazing as well.
Ingredients Needed To Make Salisbury Steak Meatballs
We hope you enjoy this delicious comfort food recipe as much as we do. The amazing flavor, mixed with the egg noodles and the mushroom gravy, is one of our favorite savory meatball recipes. Here are the ingredients that you will need to make this easy and delicious comfort food recipe.
For The Meatballs
- Ground beef
- Worcestershire sauce
- Crushed red pepper
For The Mushroom Gravy
- Beef Broth
- All purpose flour
- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Corn starch
- Egg noodles
How To Make Salisbury Steak Meatballs and Noodles From Scratch
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, onions, egg, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, crushed red peppers and pepper together. Make small size meatballs and you should get about 24 total.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter, over medium heat, in a cast iron pan, or large skillet, then add meatballs.
- Cook until all sides are pan seared then remove from pan and place on a plate. Drain any excess grease, if needed.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter, add onions and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes scraping pan drippings.
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over mushrooms and onions. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper into pan. Stir for a few minutes and place meatballs back into the pan, stir.
- Cover pan and cook for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. The gravy will also thicken up as it cools. If the gravy is thin, mix 1 teaspoon of corn starch with 1/8 cup of water, add to pan, stir and let simmer for a few more minutes.
- In a large pot, cook egg noodles according to package directions. Rinse and set aside.
- Serve meatballs over egg noodles and enjoy.
Try this Salisbury Steak Meatballs and Noodles Recipe Today
Here are a few more delicious ground beef recipes you can find on the blog:
- Cheesy Ground Beef Pasta
- Taco Pie Casserole
- Cheesy Salsa Verde Taco Pasta
- Beefy Torpedoes
- Bow Tie Pasta Lasagna, plus many more recipes made with ground beef.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup onions, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red peppers
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 oz package egg noodles
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/8 cup water
- 2 Tbsp butter
In a medium mixing bowl, mix ground beef, onions, egg, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, crushed red peppers and pepper together. Make small size meatballs (should get about 24).
Add 1 tablespoon of butter to cast iron pan, or large frying pan, and after butter melts, add meatballs.
Heat over medium heat, cook until all sides are pan seared then remove from pan, place on a plate.
Drain any excess grease, if needed.
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and sauté onions and garlic for 3-4 minutes scraping pan drippings.
Add mushrooms and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
Sprinkle flour over mushrooms and onions. Stir, cook for another 2 minutes.
Pour beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper into pan. Stir for a few minutes and place meatballs back into the pan. Stir.
Cover pan, cook for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. The gravy will also thicken up as it cools. And if the gravy seems to thin mix 1 tsp corn starch with 1/8 cup water, then add to pan, stir and let simmer for a few more minutes.
In a large saucepan, cook egg noodles according to package directions. Rinse and set aside.
Once noodles are cooked and meatballs are done, mix together and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from my Salisbury Steak in Mushroom Onion Gravy.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission.
If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.