This delicious potato cheese soup is loaded with potatoes, celery, onions, cheese and seasoned just right. If you love Marie Callender’s Potato Cheese Soup, you are going to love that you can make it at home.
Copycat Marie Callender’s Potato Cheese Soup Recipe
LIving in Southern California my whole life, Marie Callender was a restaurant that was in practically every city. Now that we have moved to Texas, there are no Marie Callender restaurants anywhere around. One of my all time favorite menu items was their potato cheese soup. I love this soup, have made it many times, and just had to share this copycat recipe with you. I have been craving this delicious soup for some time, and with how cold it has been, I just had to have it.
Potato Cheese Soup Made With Velveeta
This is one of those soup recipes that really doesn’t take too long to make and is a fairly cheap meal to prepare. I do use a little bit of Velveeta cheese to help make this soup super creamy. Also, this potato cheese soup will feed 8-10 people. No worries if that seems like a lot if you don’t have that many to feed. The leftover soup tastes amazing and once you make this, you will be so happy to have some leftover the next day, or two, it’s that good.
With the first bite, the memory of eating this delicious soup was so strong. This tastes just like their famous soup. I’m in heaven and hope that you all will love this recipe just as much as we do.
Chunky Potato Soup
Seriously, this is a delicious soup recipe that is creamy, chunky, and the flavor is outstanding. My take on this Marie Callender’s Potato Cheese Soup is that it tastes just like the original from the famous restaurant.
And with the weather so cold still in some areas of the country, this soup recipe will be perfect to warm you right up.
Try This Delicious Soup Today
Here are a few more soup and chili recipes you can find on the blog: Spicy Chicken and Rice Soup, Crock Pot Multi Bean Soup, Easy Chicken Noodle Soup, and Tomato Garden Vegetable Soup, plus many more delicious recipes.
Potato Cheese Soup
- 8 cups potatoes, diced, boiled
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 2 cups celery
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Slap Ya Mama® seasoning (can be found at Walmart®)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 oz Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 cups sharp cheddar, shredded
- Cut peeled potatoes into 1/2-3/4 chunks and place in a large dutch oven or saucepan. Cover with water.
- Cook until fork tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and leave in strainer. Remove about 1/2 of the potatoes and mash. This will add a bit more thickness to the soup.
- In the same pan, melt butter and add chopped onions and celery. Saute for about 8-10 minutes until celery is soft and onions are translucent.
- Sprinkle with flour, stir and cook for a minute or so.
- Gently pour vegetable broth into pan along with heavy cream, salt and pepper and seasoning.
- Cook over low/medium heat until hot then add velveeta and cheddar cheese. Stir.
- Once cheese has melted, add in the potatoes that have been mashed, stir and then add the remaining potato chunks to the liquid.
- Continue on a low heat until ready to serve.
- Top with additional cheese if desired.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.