This peach pastry is a delicious peach dessert filled with fresh, juicy peaches, a sweet cream cheese filling, stuffed inside a crescent ring, baked to golden perfection, and drizzled with glaze. Easy, delicious, and always a favorite.
If you love pastry rings, I have a winner for you today. I’ve been making this peach pastry ring for years. It’s a combination of delicious flavors and ease of preparation that just begs to be made if you ask me. I’ll make this for just about any occasion from potlucks and parties to simply a sweet weekend snack when the kids come to visit. When they were in school, I made it an afterschool treat for them and their friends. It’s such an easy recipe that there really never was a wrong time to make it. And no matter when or where I’ve served it, one thing has always remained the same – it always goes fast!
Peach Pastry with Cream Cheese
This delicious pastry ring starts with fresh sliced peaches and a sweet cream cheese filling. Then it’s all rolled up in a ring of crescent dough. Finally, it’s baked to golden brown perfection. That’s it. It’s an incredibly simple recipe that delivers a ton of sweet flavor. You can’t beat a combination like that! Whip up this simple peach and cream cheese pastry ring for a special dessert, bring it to potlucks, or just keep it on hand for a sweet breakfast or snacking. It’s always a great choice for anything.
Why You’ll Love This Peach Cream Cheese Pastry Recipe
- It’s a delicious crescent ring made with fresh peaches and a delicious cream cheese filling that’s baked and drizzled with glaze over a flaky crust.
- It’s a favorite pastry dessert ring that’s easy to make and always a favorite.
- And, it’s the perfect summer dessert that everyone loves AND requests often.
Peach Pastry Ring Tips and Variations
This is an easy recipe, but I do have a few tips to help you make it as easy as possible. I also have some variations that you can try as well.
- When placing the crescent dough triangles, be sure the wider, interior sides overlap each other by about ⅓ to ensure that the triangles fold over and cover most of the peach and cream cheese filling.
- Distribute your fillings very evenly to avoid too much in any one area that could ooze out while baking.
- Always let the pastry ring cool before drizzling on the glaze. Otherwise, the glaze will just slide right off of the pastry ring.
- Use other fruits like apples or pears.
- Try using strawberries or one of your favorite berries. Any of them work!
- For extra sweetness, use peach pie filling in place of fresh peaches.
Peach Pastry with Cream Cheese FAQ
The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about this peach pastry ring. So if you have questions, read on!
Can you freeze crescent peach pastries?
You sure can. Let it chill in the refrigerator, then slice it into servings. Place them in an airtight, freezer-safe container in single-slice layers with parchment paper between layers if you have more than one. Freeze for up to a month.
Can you use different fruit with this pastry ring?
Yes! Try using apples, pears, pineapple, or your favorite berries.
How long will this last?
You can store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to a month but no longer. After a month, the texture of the cream cheese filling will begin to turn grainy.
How to Store Leftover Peach Pastry with Cream Cheese
Place the leftovers in an air, tight container and refrigerate them for up to 4 days. You can also freeze it for up to a month. To defrost, simply leave the pastry ring in the refrigerator overnight.
Peach Pastry Ring Ingredients
This recipe only uses a few simple ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store.
- Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Large sweet peaches
- Cream cheese
- Egg yolk
- Lemon juice
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
How to Make Peach Pastry with Cream Cheese
There are a few steps to this recipe, but don’t let that fool you into thinking it’s difficult to make. It’s actually a very easy recipe when you break it down. Even beginning cook can make it!
Step 1: Make the Peach Mixture
Stir peaches, sugar, and cinnamon together in a medium bowl.
Step 2: Make the Cream Cheese Mixture
Beat the cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl until fluffy – about 2 to 3 minutes. Then, add the sugar, egg yok, vanilla, and lemon juice and beat for another 2 minutes.
Step 3: Place the Crescent Dough
Unroll the crescent rolls and separate them into pre-cut triangles. Then, place the triangles in a circle with the wider ends on the inside on an ungreased baking sheet. The center of the ring should be about 5-inches in diameter and the wider ends of the triangles should be overlapping.
Step 4: Add the Filling
Spread the cream cheese mixture on the wider part of the crescent ring where all the triangles overlap. Then, add the peaches on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Step 5: Fold
Fold the triangles over the filling, tucking the pointy ends under the wide ends. Can brush with an egg wash, if desired.
Step 6: Bake
Bake the crescent ring for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Then, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
Step 7: Make the Glaze
Mix the powdered sugar and milk together in a one-cup measuring cup. Adjust the thickness according to your preference by adding more powdered sugar to make it thicker or more milk to make it thinner.
Step 8: Add the Glaze
When the crescent ring has cooled, drizzle the glaze over the entire thing. Cut into your desired portions, serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
Try This Delicious Peach Cream Cheese Pastry Today
This peach pastry with cream cheese is so delicious and so easy to make. It’s one of those recipes that tastes amazing, looks fancy, but doesn’t take a lot of time. It’s the trifecta, especially if you’re making it for a special occasion. A recipe like this gets you in and out of the kitchen fast, allowing you to make something incredibly delicious but still spend most of your time with family and friends. Give this one a try, and I know you’ll be making it again and again.
More Pastry Recipes You Will Enjoy
Lemon Pastry – A flaky pastry that is filled with a zesty lemon custard, baked to perfection, and then drizzled with a sweet glaze.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Pastry – A delicious, flaky pastry that is made with fresh blueberries, a sweet cream cheese mixture, and then drizzled with a homemade glaze.
Cherry Cream Cheese Puff Pastry – A super flaky puff pastry with cherry filling, whipped cream, topped with a drizzle of chocolate, powdered sugar, and topped with a cherry.
And, try this Blackberry Cream Cheese Puff Pastry from Deliciously Seasoned. It’s made with fresh blackberries, a delicious cream cheese mixture, all baked into a puff pastry shell.
For the Cream Cheese Filling
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a medium bowl, add peaches, sugar and cinnamon. Stir to combine and set aside.
For the Cream Cheese Filling
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, lemon juice and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
Making the Pastry Ring
- Unroll crescent rolls and separate into pre cut triangles.
- Place triangles on an ungreased baking sheet so that the wider end of the crescent is in the center forming the circle with about a 5 inch opening in the center and the smaller tip of the crescent is on the outside.
- *When forming the circle, the wider ends of the crescents will overlap each other.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the wide part of the crescents.
- Spoon peaches on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Fold the small tip of the crescent over and tuck under the wider part to secure forming the ring.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool for a few minutes.
For the Glaze Drizzle
- Using a one cup measuring cup, pour powdered sugar and milk together and stir until combined (might need more milk/sugar as desired).
- Drizzle glaze over pastry ring, once cooled, and cut into desired portions.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.