These lemonade cheesecake bars with lemon glaze are absolutely scrumptious. This sweet and tart dessert is made with lemonade concentrate that packs a delicious lemon punch. These lemon cheesecake bars are going to become a favorite dessert choice.
Lemon Cheesecake Bars with Lemon Glaze
Cheesecake is a classic dessert that is well loved by everyone. These lemonade cheesecake bars are easy to store, easy to enjoy and are a family favorite. While cheesecake is always a rich heavy dessert, the addition of the lemonade helps to break through the richness and makes this seem like a lighter dessert.
Can you freeze lemon cheesecake bars
Just like cheesecake, lemonade cheesecake bars are easy to freeze. Slice the cheesecake bars into individual slices and then wrap each one well in plastic. I like to store all of the slices of lemon cheesecake bars in a freezer bag. This adds another layer of protection to protect against freezer burn and it also keeps all of the cheesecake bars in one place.
The cheesecake bars will stay good in the freezer for up to 3 months when they are stored properly. Be sure to let them thaw in the refrigerator when you are ready to enjoy.
Homemade Lemon Glaze
This is a homemade lemon glaze to go with the homemade lemon cheesecake bars. The lemon glaze is easy to make while the cheesecake is chilling. Using a sauce pan, the glaze comes together easily.
What to do if the lemon glaze is runny
If the lemon glaze is too runny, you can cook it longer. This will help the glaze thicken. Continue stirring as you are cooking the glaze down to the right consistency. The glaze needs to be thick enough to spoon over the cheesecake bars but it should still pour over the cheesecake. If you cook it too long or over too high a flame, it will get hard and the consistency will not work.
Does Cheesecake with Lemon Glaze have to be Refrigerated
This lemon glaze does not have milk in it so it does not need to be refrigerated. However, because this glaze is on cheesecake, which needs to be refrigerated, you will want to make sure to keep the cheesecake in the refrigerator.
How to remove the cheesecake bars from the pan
If you are worried about having trouble getting the cheesecake bars out of the pan you can add foil or parchment paper to the baking pan and make sure to leave a little extra over the edge. Then, all you have to do is lift the foil or parchment paper and the cheesecake bars comes out easily.
Try These Delicious Lemonade Cheesecake Bars Today
Here are a few more delicious and popular lemon recipes that can be found on the blog:
- The most popular dessert recipe on the blog is Cream Cheese Lemonade Pie
- Luscious Lemon Cheesecake
- Lemon Blueberry Poke Cake
- Frosted Lemon Sugar Cookies
Lemonade Cheesecake Bars
For The Lemon Cheesecake Filling
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a 13 x 9 in pan with foil extending the ends over the sides.
For The Graham Cracker Crust
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter together.
- Press into prepared pan evenly, bake for 10 -12 minutes, remove and let cool completely.
For The Lemonade Cheesecake Filling
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add lemonade concentrate and lemon zest. Beat until blended.
- In a medium bowl, beat evaporated milk and instant pudding mix for 2 minutes until thick.
- Combine thick pudding mixture into cream cheese mixture and beat until well combined.
- Spoon cheesecake mixture over graham cracker crust, cover and chill for 4+ hours.
For The Lemon Glaze
- In a small sauce pan over low/medium heat, whisk together eggs, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice until combined. Add butter to pan and continue stirring constantly.
- Mixture will thicken and will be done when the lemon glaze mixture sticks to the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from heat, let cool then cover and chill in fridge for about an hour.
- Spoon lemon glaze over lemonade cheesecake.
- Remove cheesecake from pan, by foil handles, cut into bars and enjoy.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.