This delicious lemon cream cheese dessert is the perfect light and refreshing, creamy lemon dessert recipe made with a buttery graham cracker crust, a sweet and creamy cream cheese layer, and topped with lemon pie filling. The perfect combination of flavors in every bite.
If you love the bright, tangy flavor of lemon and the rich, sweet tang of cream cheese as much as I do, then I have a dessert that will make you very happy indeed. My layered lemon cream cheese dessert is a sweet treat I’ve been making for years, and I’m sure I’ll continue making it as long as I can cook! I started making this dessert when my kids were young, and after the reaction I got, I never stopped. It’s the perfect dessert for a family dinner or to bring to a potluck because everyone loves it so much, and it’s so incredibly easy to make. That’s the kind of combo that makes everyone happy, and once you try it, I know it’ll make you happy, too.
Lemon Cream Cheese Dessert
This variation of no bake cheesecake starts with a simple graham cracker crust that I bake for a few minutes until it’s nicely golden. Then, I let it cool and top it with a rich, light cream cheese filling made with cream cheese, powdered sugar, and Cool Whip. Finally, I top the entire thing with bright, zingy lemon pie filling to create a rich, creamy, citrusy dessert that’s as easy as it is delicious. It comes together in a snap, and it’s always a hit. You can’t beat that!
Why You’ll Love This Lemon Cream Cheese Dessert
- It’s the perfect combination of flavors; the crunchy crust, the creamy cream cheese filling, and topped with lemon pie filling create a delicious dessert the whole family will enjoy.
- It only takes a few basic ingredients, is easy to prepare, and is a great dessert for parties, potlucks, or after-dinner desserts.
- It’s a light and refreshing lemon dessert recipe lemon lovers will enjoy, and those who enjoy creamy indulgence will be delighted with the rich cream cheese filling, and the buttery crust is always a crowd-pleaser.
Lemon Cream Cheese Dessert Ingredients
You’ll only need a handful of basic ingredients, and you’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store. You’ll be in and out and ready to whip up this dessert in no time flat.
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Melted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Powdered sugar
- Cream cheese
- Cool whip
- Lemon pie filling
- Lemon slices, for garnish
How to Make Lemon Cream Cheese Dessert
Making this dessert is incredibly simple. The only actual cooking involved is baking the crust for a few minutes. The rest of the recipe is simply mixing and layering. It’s super quick and easy to make, and even beginners can whip it up with zero effort.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the Crust
Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a small bowl. Then, press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Bake the crust for 10 minutes until golden.
Step 3: Make the Cream Cheese Filling
Beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl for 2 to 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Then, add the powdered sugar and beat until combined. Finally, fold in the Cool Whip until combined. Refrigerate until the crust has cooled.
Step 4: Make the Lemon Cream Cheese Dessert
Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the cooled crust. Then, top it with lemon pie filling, spreading it to create an even layer.
Step 5: Chill
Cover the dish with foil or plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours. Garnish with lemon slices, and enjoy!
- Fully soften your cream cheese for the lightest, fluffiest filling, and ensure you have no little bits of raw cream cheese.
- Press your graham cracker mixture firmly into the bottom of your baking dish. This compresses everything, allowing it to form a crust that will hold together when you cut your dessert into slices.
- 4 hours is the minimum chilling time this dessert needs. It’s even better if you chill it overnight.
- Use your favorite pie filling to create all kinds of different desserts.
- You can make the crust with Nilla wafers or even pretzels for a sweet and salty flavor.
- Use jumbo muffin tins to make individual desserts.
What to Serve with Lemon Cream Cheese Dessert
Enjoy this dessert with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee or tea for a tasty treat. It’s also delicious with a dollop of Cool Whip on top or served with mixed berries for a classic citrus and berry flavor combination.
This dessert freezes well and lasts up to a month in the freezer.
Cream cheese is this dessert’s major ingredient, so it must be refrigerated.
You can and should make this dessert in advance! While you can serve it after 4 hours of chilling, it tastes so much better when it’s had the chance to chill overnight.
This crust should be baked. Baking the crust allows the crumbs to meld together and create a solid base that holds together when you slice the dessert.
How to Store Lemon Cream Cheese Dessert
Place this dessert in the refrigerator, in an airtight container, for up to 4 days. For longer storage, freeze it for up to a month in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
Try This Delicious Lemon Dessert Recipe Today
This lemon cream cheese dessert is as delicious as it is easy. Outside of the graham cracker crust, no baking is involved, and the combination of sweet crust, cream cheese filling, and sweet and tangy lemon pie topping make this a dessert that explodes with flavor in every bite. Give it a try, and I know you’ll be looking for reasons to make it. I know I make it every chance I get!
More Lemon Dessert Recipes You’ll Enjoy
This Cream Cheese Lemonade Pie is a creamy, delicious, easy-to-make lemon dessert recipe that is one of the most popular lemon recipes on the blog. With over 1.9 million shares, it’s the perfect dessert recipe for any occasion.
Lemon Cream Cheese Dessert
- Preheat the oven to 375° and lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
Graham Cracker Crust
- In a medium bowl, add graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, and melted butter. Stir until combined.
- Spread graham cracker mixture into prepared baking dish. Press into an even, smooth layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove, and let cool completely.
Cream Cheese Filling
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until combined.
- Fold in cool whip until combined. Place in the fridge until the crust has cooled.
- Once the crust has cooled completely, spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust layer.
- Top with lemon pie filling and spread evenly.
- Cover with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with lemon slices before serving, if desired.
Follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media. Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest.