Instant Pot Chicken Sausage Alfredo Pasta Recipe
Homemade Alfredo sauce is sooo delicious and this Instant Pot Chicken Sausage Alfredo Pasta has an incredibly delicious sauce you are going to love. Loaded with chicken, smoked sausage, penne pasta, fresh Parmesan cheese all in a homemade Alfredo sauce makes this a delicious instant pot pasta recipe the whole family is going to love.
The difference between an Instant Pot and a Crock Pot is that with an Instant Pot, a meal can be cooked so quickly. I love my crock pot and use it all the time and now that I have finally made some amazing recipes in the Instant Pot, I am in love. Seriously, if you have one, here is the perfect recipe to try. As one of my readers wrote when I posted my first IP recipe, “Welcome the the world of leisure.” AND, she wasn’t kidding.
Easy Instant Pot Recipes
Believe me when I say it’s super easy and QUICK! I made hard boiled eggs and then I cooked macaroni noodles and ended up making macaroni salad all done in the Instant Pot. So much fun and made in no time.
How To Make This Instant Pot Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Generously spray the inside of the pot with a non stick spray.
- Add cut up chicken, sliced sausage and onions to pot with 1/2 stick of butter.
- Press “Saute” and saute until chicken is not longer pink and sausage edges have browned a bit.
- Stir in seasonings, salt and pepper.
- Next, add cream cheese and 1 stick of butter.
- Once melted, pour heavy cream, milk and chicken broth, stir.
- Stir in freshly grated Parmesan.
- Add pasta, stir. Make sure to set the pressure value to “sealing,” press “manual,” “high pressure” and cook for 6 minutes.
- Use quick release by carefully switching the value to “venting.”
- Open lid once the float valve drops. Stir and serve.
Because I love my 6 quart IP, I had to get myself another one. My 8 quart instant pot arrived yesterday and I cannot wait to get them both cooking at the same time. Oh what fun I’m going to have.
Try This Delicious Chicken And Sausage In Your Instant Pot Today
Here are a few more delicious pasta recipes that can be found on the blog: Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo, Chicken Spinach Shrimp Alfredo Lasagna, Italian Sausage Penne Casserole, Farfalle with Sausage, plus many, many more.
Watch the video here:
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 1/2"-3/4" chunks
- 1 pkg smoked sausage, sliced 1/4" thick
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning (I used Slap Ya Mama®)
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 14.5 oz can chicken broth
- 5 oz Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated, about 3 cups (Not the green container).
- 12 oz box Penne pasta
Generously spray the inside of the pot with a non stick spray.
Add cut up chicken, sliced sausage and onions in pot with 1/2 stick of butter.
Press "Saute" and saute until chicken is not longer pink and sausage edges have browned a bit.
Stir in seasonings, salt and pepper.
Next, add cream cheese and 1 stick of butter.
Once melted, pour heavy cream, milk and chicken broth, stir.
Stir in cheese.
Add pasta, stir make sure to set the pressure value to "sealing," press "manual," "high pressure" and cook for 6 minutes.
Use quick release by carefully switching the value to "venting." Open lid once the float valve drops. Stir and serve.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.