This hot fudge brownie sundae recipe is rich, fudgy, and decadent and is a favorite with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream, and a cherry. The perfect sweet treat everyone loves and enjoys.
A great hot fudge brownie sundae is a hug for your heart. I’ve been making hot fudge brownie sundaes for years. I make homemade brownies, then I put them in a bowl while they’re still warm and top them with vanilla ice cream. Then, I cover them in hot fudge and just watch everyone drool. Yes, nothing beats ice cream and brownies with tasty whipped cream and cherries – well, almost nothing. These mini sundaes just might. These little bites are absolutely delicious and so much fun to eat.
Mini Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae
This mini hot fudge brownie sundae recipe has everything you love about traditional sundaes like these but in a bite-size form. Individually-sized brownies are baked in muffin tins, then the center is pressed in to make room for a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Then, it’s all topped with hot fudge, whipped cream, and a delicious cherry. It’s a fun new take on the classic brownie sundae flavors that we all know and love.
These mini sundaes are perfect for evening desserts, special events, and especially birthday parties. If you have kids, whip up a batch of these for sleepovers. Whenever you make them, it’s always the right time with their tasty flavor and adorable look.
I know you’re itching to start making these delicious mini sundaes, but before you do, take a look at this FAQ. it has a lot of useful information about this recipe that you’ll be glad you took the time to learn.
Does hot fudge need to be refrigerated?
Yes. While hot fudge probably contains enough sugar to be stored at room temperature, it’s safer to store it in the refrigerator. It will also stay fresh longer.
What is the best chocolate to use for homemade brownies?
Use the highest-quality unsweetened cocoa and baking chocolate that you can find. Quality ingredients make for a quality finished product. Also, be sure you use unsweetened cocoa and baking chocolate. It’s ideal to control the sweetness of your brownies with the sugar that you add, not the sugar that’s already in chocolate.
How long can a brownie last?
Brownies will last for three to four days at room temperature when kept in a tightly sealed air-tight container. They can last for up to a week in the refrigerator.
What makes this mini hot fudge brownie sundae so special?
Everything about this recipe is special, but if I had to choose one thing above all the others, I’d say it’s the presentation. Of course, brownie sundaes are delicious, but these little mini sundaes have all that great flavor and such a cute presentation.
As from-scratch recipes go, this is a very easy one. It’s extremely difficult to mess these mini sundaes up. That being said, even easy things have little tips and tricks that help take them from good to amazing. Be sure to read over these tips to make your sundaes as delicious as possible.
- Use the best possible cocoa and baking chocolate possible. Bargain basement varieties tend to be made with fillers to keep the price down. Go for the good stuff for this recipe.
- Let your melted chocolate and butter cool for five minutes before adding the eggs. If your chocolate is too hot, the eggs will begin to scramble when added.
- Don’t overfill your cupcake tins. These brownies will rise when they cook.
- Be careful when making the cup in the center of your brownies. You don’t want to poke through the bottom.
Serving and Storage
These brownie sundaes are perfect to serve for parties, a sweet snack or an after dinner dessert. With so many different ice cream flavors, these mini brownie sundaes can be tailored with all of your favorites. For instance, adding caramel in place of the hot fudge sauce and adding nuts, like chopped walnuts or pecans.
If you have leftover brownie cups, store them in an airtight container. No need to put them the fridge. Then when you are ready for a delicious treat, add a scoop of your favorite ice cream and favorite toppings.
How to Make Homemade Whipped Cream
To make homemade whipped cream, all you need to do is add heavy whipping cream to a medium bowl along with sugar and vanilla. Beat on high until stiff peaks form. That is it! Easy peasy. All you need to make your own homemade whipped cream is heavy cream, sugar and vanilla.
Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae Ingredients
This recipe is simple, and it uses simple ingredients. Almost all the ingredients here are kitchen staples, whether they are used for cooking or just snacking. Some of you might not have to shop at all to make this recipe.
- Chopped unsweetened chocolate
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
- All purpose flour
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Vanilla ice cream
- Hot fudge
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
Mini Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae Instructions
This recipe is exceedingly easy. In only a few steps, you’ll have delicious mini brownie sundaes that are as much fun to look at as they are to eat! You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time, leaving you more time to enjoy your newly-made treats with the family rather than slaving away in the kitchen.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
Step 2: Prepare the Brownies
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate chunks over medium heat until smooth, stirring continuously.
Sprinkle the unsweetened cocoa powder into the pan and stir until incorporated. Remove the batter from the heat and let cool for five minutes.
Next, add the sugar and vanilla to the pan and stir until smooth. Then, beat eggs, one at a time, into the chocolate mixture until combined.
Add the flour and mix, then stir in the chocolate chips.
Step 3: Bake the Brownies
Fill the prepared cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
Remove the brownies from the oven and immediately use a spoon handle to press down the center of the brownies to make a cup, then let the brownies cool completely on a wire rack.
Step 4: Add the Toppings
Top the brownies with a scoop of ice cream, drizzle with hot fudge, add whipped cream and topped with a cherry.
More Brownie Recipes to Try
Try these Peanut Butter S’mores Brownies from Deliciously Seasoned.
Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae
- 1 cup butter, 2 sticks
- 6 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ gallon vanilla ice cream
- Bottle of hot fudge
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and chocolate chunks together, over medium heat, until smooth, stir continuously.
- Sprinkle unsweetened cocoa powder into pan and stir until incorporated.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and vanilla into pan and stir until smooth.
- Next, add eggs, one at a time, into mixture, stir and once combined, add flour then stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared cupcake liners, ⅔ full and bake for 18-21 minutes or until wooden tooth pick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from oven and immediately use a spoon or small circular utensil and press down the center of the brownies making a “cup.”
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Using a small cookie scoop or ice cream scooper, place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of each brownie cup.
- Drizzle with hot fudge, whipped cream and a cherry, if desired.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to pin to your favorite Pinterest dessert boards.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission.
If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.