These honey butter fried chicken croissant sandwiches are made with deliciously seasoned, crunchy, chicken strips, a buttery, flaky croissant, and glazed in a honey butter sauce. This is not your average fried chicken sandwich. The sweet and savory flavors, and the contrasting textures, create a sandwich that will please everyone at the table.
If you’re a fan of chicken sandwiches, you’re going to fall in love with this recipe. It’s a new twist on the classic fried chicken sandwich, and it’s loaded with flavors that will have you coming back for more again and again! This is a recipe I only recently started making. A friend of mine served them at a party I recently attended, and I was blown away by the flavors and textures of these delicious sandwiches. I also love how versatile they are. Their buttery, sweet flavors are perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. I know because I’ve already made them for all of these meals in the past few months!
Honey Butter Fried Chicken Croissant Sandwiches
These delicious sandwiches start with golden fried chicken strips that are crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. Then, I drizzle the inside of the croissant rolls with honey butter, brush the chicken strips with honey butter, and place them in the rolls. It’s a simple, easy recipe that perfectly combines the crispy texture and flavors of fried chicken with rich honey butter and buttery flaky croissants for a chicken sandwich like you’ve never had before.
Why You’ll Love This Honey Butter Fried Chicken Recipe
- The crispy, golden chicken strips are seasoned perfectly, and with the richness of the honey butter, and the airy, buttery croissants, the flavor is simply irresistible.
- They are easy to make and pair two classic comfort foods, fried chicken and buttery croissants, together into one delicious sandwich.
- The flaky layers of the croissant cradle the honey butter and the crispy chicken strips are brushed with honey butter and make an absolutely delicious sandwich that will be requested time and time again.
Honey Butter Fried Chicken Croissant Sandwiches Ingredients
This delicious recipe only uses a handful of kitchen staples to make. In fact, you’ll probably only need to shop for the croissants and the chicken. Heck, you might have the chicken in your freezer if you found a sale.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Panko bread crumbs, crushed
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Large eggs
- Heavy cream
- Canola oil or vegetable oil, for frying
- Hot honey
How to Make Honey Butter Fried Chicken Croissant Sandwiches
Making these sandwiches is incredibly easy to do, and it only takes about 35 minutes from start to finish. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time with a plateful of some of the most delicious chicken sandwiches you’ve ever eaten.
Step 1: Make the Dredge Station
Whisk bread crumbs and seasonings together in a large bowl. Then, whisk eggs and heavy cream in a shallow dish.
Step 2: Coat the Chicken
Pat the chicken strips dry, then dip them into the egg mixture, making sure to fully coat them. Then, toss the coated chicken strips in the breadcrumb mixture.
Step 3: Fry the Chicken
Fry 2 to 3 chicken strips at a time in hot oil in a large saucepan until golden brown, crispy, and cooked through. Set aside on a plate lined with paper towels.
Step 4: Make the Honey Butter
Beat the butter and honey in a small bowl until well incorporated.
Step 5: Make the Sandwiches
Cut the croissants in half lengthwise and drizzle the inside of each half with the honey butter. Then, add 1 to 2 chicken strips to the croissant and brush with more honey butter. Add the top half of the croissant and serve.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat so the oil is nice and hot for frying.
- Fry the strips in batches to ensure the oil stays hot.
- Cut the chicken into strips no thicker than 1 inch, so the center is cooked through by the time the breading is golden and crispy.
- Heat the honey butter over low heat to make it easier to drizzle and brush.
- You can use grilled chicken in place of fried chicken if you prefer.
- For a spicy version, add red pepper flakes to the breading mixture.
- For a mild version of this recipe, use regular honey.
- Make sandwiches using toasted sourdough bread for a different flavor and texture.
- For even more delicious flavor, try brushing the tops of the croissants with more honey butter.
What to Serve with Honey Butter Fried Chicken Croissant Sandwiches
These sweet and savory chicken sandwiches pair very well with all your favorite chicken sandwich sides. Serve them with delicious sides such as:
- French fries
- Sweet potato fries
- Tater tots
- Onion rings
- Potato chips
- Mac and cheese
- Baked beans
- Potato salad
Honey butter is so delicious because it combines the sweetness of honey with the richness and smoothness of butter. This sweet, creamy combination is perfect on everything from biscuits to fried chicken.
These sandwiches will last for up to 3 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Yes. If you prefer a mild chicken sandwich, use regular honey instead of hot honey.
Absolutely! Grilled chicken strips are just as delicious as fried strips in this recipe, and they offer a lovely, smoky flavor addition.
Honey chicken is made with battered, fried chicken breast chunks or strips that are coated in a honey and soy sauce-based sauce.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Honey Butter Fried Chicken Croissant Sandwiches
Remove the chicken from the sandwiches and refrigerate it for up to 3 days in an airtight container. Refrigerate the croissants in an airtight container for up to 3 days, as well. For longer storage, freeze the chicken in a heavy-duty freezer bag with as much air removed as possible for up to 3 months. Wrap the croissants tightly in plastic wrap, then freeze them in a heavy-duty freezer bag for up to 3 months, as well.
To reheat the sandwiches, place the chicken strips on a baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes at 325. When the strips are heated through, toast the croissants cut side down in a pan until heated through. Assemble the sandwiches and enjoy!
Try These Delicious Honey Butter Fried Chicken Sandwiches Today
These fried chicken tenders croissant sandwiches combine the classic crunch of fried chicken sandwiches with the rich sweetness of honey butter, and it’s all given an extra kick of flavor and heat with the hot pepper infusion of hot honey and the zesty Cajun seasoning used in the breading. The best part is these delicious sandwiches are so easy to make! They’re perfect for weeknight dinners, parties, potlucks, or for any occasion, really. Give them a try, and I know you’ll find yourself making them again and again.
More Delicious Sandwich Recipes You’ll Enjoy
This Fried Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich is the perfect breakfast sandwich that is made with just a few ingredients: eggs, cheese, thick Texas toast bread, and butter. A hearty, delicious, and family favorite breakfast sandwich the whole family will enjoy.
Honey Butter Fried Chicken Croissant Sandwiches
Fried Chicken Strips
- ½ cup butter, softened/melted
- ¼ cup hot honey
Fried Chicken Strips
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the bread crumbs and seasonings.
- In a shallow dish, whisk eggs and heavy cream.
- Pat dry chicken strips and then dip into egg mixture, making sure it is fully coated.
- Next, toss egg coated strips into the bread crumb mixture.
- Place 2-3 strips at a time in the hot oil and fry until golden brown, crispy, and cooked through completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the butter and honey together until well incorporated.
- Cut croissants in half lengthwise, drizzle inside of croissant with hot honey, add in 1-2 fried chicken strips, and brush with honey butter.
Follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media. Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest.