Gingerbread Bundt Cake
This Gingerbread Bundt Cake is super festive and the perfect holiday dessert. Nothing says Christmas more than gingerbread. The delicious warm flavors of this moist cake, along with the cream cheese frosting and sprinkles, is heaven in your mouth.
Gingerbread is so good and does not even need frosting but, with the frosting added it just takes this cake over the top! Everyone is going to love this delicious bundt cake and it definitely has a special place on the holiday dessert table. So festive, so moist, so incredibly scrumptious!
The cream cheese frosting is just an added bonus. And then the sprinkles…. so festive!
Ingredients Needed To Make A Gingerbread Cake
This gingerbread bundt cake is simple to make and most of these ingredients are in our pantries already.
- All purpose flour, baking soda
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, ground cloves
- Salt, butter
- Powdered sugar
- Cream Cheese
(The actual measurements are listed below in the recipe card)
How To Make A Gingerbread Bundt Cake
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until well combined, then beat in egg and molasses until fully incorporated.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the sugar mixture and mix, then add milk and beat until smooth.
- Pour the batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out on a wire rack.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
Try This Delicious Cake Today
Here are a few more delicious gingerbread recipes that can be found on the blog:
- Gingerbread Cake with Molasses Cream Cheese Frosting
- Gingerbread Cake with Cinnamon Molasses Frosting
- and Gingerbread Cupcakes with Molasses Frosting
- and these cute Gingerbread Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
Preheat the oven to 350° and butter a bundt pan, then dust with flour. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until well combined, then beat in egg and molasses until fully incorporated.
In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Whisk until combined.
Add the dry ingredients into sugar mixture and mix, then add milk and beat until smooth.
Pour the batter into prepared bundt pan.
Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Remove from oven and let cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out on a wire rack.
In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended.
Add powdered sugar and beat until combined.
Pour milk a little at a time until desired consistency is obtained and frosting is pourable.
Pour frosting over cooled cake, add sprinkles if desired (frosting should be thick but pourable).
Recipe adapted from my Gingerbread Mini Bundt Cakes
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size to pin to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.