This air fryer frozen chicken wings recipe is an absolutely delicious chicken wing recipe that is air fried, then coated in a honey BBQ sauce, and tossed back in the air fryer to produce crispy air fryer chicken wings everyone is going to enjoy.
I love chicken wings, but I don’t always want to do all the prep work of making them from scratch. That’s why I always keep a bag of frozen chicken wings in the freezer. From a quick party snack to just because I want them, they’re always super easy to make, and I don’t have to spend forever in the kitchen. That’s especially true when I make them in the air fryer. They cook up perfectly every time, and they’re done in less time than cooking them in a traditional oven.
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
These delicious wings are so easy to make. All you need is an air fryer and your favorite brand of wings. The great thing about this recipe is that frozen wings come in so many varieties, which means you always have great flavor options. And speaking of options you can make these for parties, game day, potlucks, or just a fun lunch or dinner. I make these wings with whatever brand I bought in the moment and then I coat them with a delicious honey barbecue sauce. They’re absolutely divine.
Why You’ll Love These Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
- They get that great crispy, crunchy exterior without a bunch of extra fat or the mess of deep-frying.
- They are incredibly easy to make because they go directly from the freezer into the air fryer.
- Wings are classic party food appetizer, and they’re always welcome at any gathering.
Favorite Dipping Sauces for Wings
In addition to a crispy exterior and tender meat, wings are all about dipping sauces! There’s almost no end to what you can dip your wings into, but some favorites include:
- BBQ sauce
- Buffalo sauce
- Bleu cheese sauce
- Honey mustard
- Ranch dressing
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings Tips and Variations
This is a super easy recipe to make, but I do have some tips that you should be aware of before you begin cooking them. These are easy tips, but they can make a big difference. I also have some fun variations, too.
- Always cook the wings from frozen.
- After the first 15 minutes of cooking, be sure to separate the wings if they’re stuck together. Sometimes, it’s hard to separate the wings when they’re fully frozen.
- Cook your wings in batches, leaving room between each wing for proper cooking.
- Make sure the minimum internal temperature of the wings are 165°F for safe consumption. It not, place back in the air fryer for a couple more minutes.
- Use your favorite variety of frozen wings. They come in all kinds of flavors.
- Use your favorite BBQ sauce when you make the honey BBQ sauce for this recipe.
- Skip the honey BBQ sauce and simply use your favorite wing sauce.
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings FAQ
If you have questions about this recipe, then read on. The follow FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about air fryer crispy chicken wings.
How long do I cook frozen wings in my air fryer?
Depending on the recipe, it can take anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes to make wings in the air fryer.
What temperature do you cook frozen chicken wings in the air fryer?
That depends on the recipe, but in general, it will be anywhere from 380 degrees to 400 degrees.
Do I need to defrost the chicken wings before air frying them?
No. In fact, you shouldn’t. The wings cook best from frozen.
What can I serve with air fryer chicken wings?
Serve up all your favorite party eats with these wings the same way you would with any other wings.
- Baked beans
- Pasta salad
- Potato salad
- Mac and Cheese
- Any of your other favorite party foods
How to Store and Reheat Chicken Wings
You can store these wings in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat the wings, place them in the microwave for about 2 minutes or until slightly warm. Then, transfer them to a baking sheet and cook them in the oven for about a minute. Then, flip them and cook for another minute.
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings Ingredients
It only takes three simple ingredients to make these wings. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store. That is if you don’t have them in your kitchen already.
- Frozen chicken wings
- Barbecue sauce
How to Cook Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
In just a few simple steps, you’ll have delicious chicken wings that everyone will love.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees, and lightly spray the basket with a natural cooking spray like grapeseed oil, vegetable oil, avocado oil, or olive oil.
Step 2: Make the BBQ Sauce
Mix the BBQ sauce and honey together in a large bowl.
Step 3: Air Fry the Wings
Place the frozen wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket, being careful not to overcrowd it. Then, air fry for 15 minutes. Flip and cook for another 10 minutes.
Step 4: Coat the Wings
Place the wings in a mixing bowl and toss with the honey BBQ sauce. Then, cook for another 5 minutes. Carefully remove the wings and repeat the process until all the wings are cooked. Enjoy!
Try These Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings Today
These delicious air fryer frozen chicken wings are so delicious and so easy to make. They’re perfectly cooked, with a crispy outside and tender, juicy inside. Covered in honey BBQ sauce, these wings are a treat that everyone loves. Give them a try, and I guarantee you’ll be bringing them to every potluck, party, and game day you attend.
More Delicious Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love
Air Fryer Egg Rolls – The easiest way to make frozen egg rolls is in the air fryer. It gives them the perfect amount of crunch on the outside.
Mini Corn Dogs in the Air Fryer – These mini corn dogs are crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside and are such an easy snack or appetizer to whip up.
Pigs in a Blanket – Everyone’s favorite appetizer, but made in the simplest and easiest way – right in the air fryer.
Also, try these Air Fryer Cheese Pigs in a Blanket from Deliciously Seasoned that I think you will enjoy.
Frozen Chicken Wings in Air Fryer Recipe
- In a large bowl, mix BBQ sauce and honey together. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Lightly spray air fryer basket with a cooking spray (grapeseed oil, vegetable oil, avocado oil)
- Place frozen chicken wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Do not overcrowd the basket.
- Cook at 390° for 15 minutes, then flip over, separate if needed, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove wings from the air fryer basket and toss in the mixing bowl.
- Cover the wings in the honey BBQ sauce and place back into the basket.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove, the chicken will be hot.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Repeat the cooking process for additional wings.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your chicken or air fryer board on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.