Crock Pot Spicy Chicken
Is there anything better than Spicy Crock Pot Chicken? This simple recipe for making the best spicy chicken in the slow cooker comes together beautifully and can be used as the base of so many other recipes.
Spicy Crock Pot Chicken Recipe
Whether you love cooking in the crock pot because it is easy or because it gives the chicken amazing flavor, this spicy crock pot chicken is sure to become a favorite recipe. Use this shredded chicken to make spicy chicken enchiladas or spicy chicken flautas (which will be posted soon) or use it for other simple dishes like chicken quesadillas or chicken tacos.
What is the Easiest Way to Shred Chicken
There are a lot of easy way to shred chicken. One of the tried and true methods is to pull it apart using a fork in each hand. But the easiest way I have ever done to shred chicken, is to take the cooked chicken and place it in a mixing bowl. This is best with a stand mixer but a hand mixer will work too. Use the paddle attachment if possible and mix the chicken. This will shred the chicken effortlessly. No more pulling, ripping and trying not to burn your fingers.
How to Store Leftover Crock Pot Spicy Chicken
Since there are so many ways to use this chicken, I like to make a large batch of it. We can easily eat it all week long just by changing up what we do with it.
Make sure that the chicken is cooled completely and place it in an airtight container or freezer bag. You will want to make sure to keep in the refrigerator when you are not serving it.
Can This Spicy Chicken Be Frozen
Another option for this Spicy Chicken is to keep it in the freezer. When you make a large batch, after it has cooled and been shredded, divide it into smaller servings. This is great for making small lunch size portions or portions that are perfect for dinner. Since each portion goes into its own bag, it is easy to bring out only what you need and there is no food waste.
How Can I Adjust the Heat in this Spicy Chicken
While some family members might love the chicken very spicy, it might not be something everyone loves. If you need to tone down the amount of heat in this recipe, you can change a few things to make sure it isn’t too hot.
- Make sure the enchilada sauce is mild: Even some of the mild sauces have a bite so give it a taste before adding the other spicy seasonings.
- Remove the seeds from the jalapenos: Most of the heat in the peppers are in the seeds and the ribs. The ribs are the white pieces inside the peppers that connect the seeds. If you want to remove some of the heat from the peppers, remove all of the seeds and the ribs. Be sure to wash your hands well after handing the seeds so that you do not inadvertently get the spice in your eyes.
- Cut Back on the Red Pepper Flakes and Cajun seasoning: Another way to control the spiciness of the this dish is to use less of the red pepper flakes and Cajun seasoning. Taste how the flavors work before adding these since it is the easiest to control how much spice you add.
Ingredients Needed To Make This Easy Crock Pot Chicken Recipe
- Chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- Onion, garlic
- Cajun seasoning
- Red pepper flakes
- Green enchilada sauce
How To Make Crock Pot Spicy Chicken
- Spray a 6 quart crock pot with a non stick spray.
- Place onions in bottom of crock pot.
- Next add chicken breasts, garlic, seasonings, pepper, jalapenos, Rotel and green enchilada sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or low 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and enjoy, or shred and use to make chicken enchiladas, chicken flautas.
Try This Delicious Crock Pot Recipe Today
Here are a few more delicious crock pot recipe that can be found on the blog:
- Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken
- Country Style Pork Ribs made in the crock pot
- Slow Cooker Beef Shoulder Roast
- Mexican Style Crock Pot Chuck Roast
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 28 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 10 oz can Rotel®
- 2 tbsp diced jalapenos (can use pickled or fresh, if using fresh, remove ribs and seeds)
Spray a 6 quart crock pot with a non stick spray.
Place onions in bottom of crock pot.
Next add chicken breasts, garlic, seasonings, pepper, jalapenos, Rotel and green enchilada sauce.
Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or low 8 hours.
Remove chicken and enjoy, or shred and use to make chicken enchiladas, chicken flautas.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.