Looking for a twist on a traditional brownie recipe? These chocolate mint brownies feature a fudgy, chewy chocolate brownie topped with a fluffy and delicious mint frosting. Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, these amazing brownies can also be made and eaten all year long.
Mint Brownie Recipe
I love brownies that have a rich chocolate taste. The fudgier, and the chewier, the better. When brownies are topped with an incredible frosting, it only adds to the deliciousness and makes brownies even better.
How to Store Mint Brownies
When you make these mint brownies, you want to make sure you store them properly in order to give them the best taste possible. You want to make sure you store them in an airtight container. The mint brownies should be stored at room temperature.
How Long do Brownies with Mint Frosting Last?
When the brownies are stored properly, the brownies will last for up to a week. You can also freeze the brownies in order to help them last longer. Since these brownies have mint frosting on top, you will want to freeze the brownies on a plate first. This will keep the frosting from getting stuck on the plastic wrap. Once the frosting is frozen, wrap the slices of brownies well in plastic wrap. Then move the wrapped brownies to a freezer bag. When you are ready to thaw the brownies, be sure to remove the plastic wrap first or it will stick to the plastic as it thaws.
Can I Make These Mint Chocolate Brownies Another Flavor?
If you love the idea of these brownies but want to try it a little bit different, you can change them to make them any flavor you want. Some fun ideas are
- Use the St Patrick’s Day Theme and make the frosting rainbow. You can choose to leave the flavor mint or use another extract to flavor the frosting.
- Make Brownies with Strawberry frosting- Use strawberry extract and add slices of strawberries to the frosting. Color it with red food coloring.
- Lemon Frosting – Use lemon flavor extract to create a spring inspired frosting.
- Root beer Frosting- Kids love this flavor. Most people do not realize that there is a root beer extract but there is and it tastes just like the soda. Add a few mini marshmallows on top and the brownies are the perfect root beer float brownies.
Can I add Mint to the Brownies
While these brownies in the recipe does not include mint in the chocolate part, you can certainly add it. If you are like me, and love as much mint as possible, add a teaspoon or a teaspoon and a half to the batter. This will bring the mint flavor to the brownies as well as to the frosting. It gives an even bigger mint blast and makes these brownies taste even better.
You can also add mint chocolate chips to the brownie batter to bring in a different twist to the brownies but will still give it the mint chocolate flavor you are craving.
Ingredients For Chocolate Mint Brownies
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Mint extract
- Green gel food coloring
- Mini chocolate chips
Wanting more delicious chocolate recipes? If so, here are a few more delicious chocolate recipes that can be found on the blog:
- Valentine’s Mini Brownie Bites
- Chocolate Lover’s Zucchini Cake
- Chocolate Frosted Sugar Cookies
- German Chocolate Cake
Try These Delicious Brownies Today
Chocolate Mint Brownies
For The Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350° and line an 8 x 8 metal baking pan with parchment paper then spray with a nonstick cooking spray. *If using glass, reduce temperature to 325° and cook for an extra 10 minutes.
For The Brownies
- In a medium bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy, then add vanilla and eggs and beat until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder and cocoa, beat until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan. Place in the oven and bake for 25- 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
For The Mint Frosting
- In a medium bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar, milk, and mint extract until fluffy.
- Add green gel food coloring until desire color is obtained.
- Spread frosting over the top of brownies.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over frosting, cut, and enjoy.
Here are a few pictures that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.