These chicken quesadillas with chipotle ranch and avocado ranch dressings are made with chicken that is seasoned perfectly, loaded with two types of cheese, diced green chilies, and fried until golden and the cheese is melted.
If there are two things I love, it’s cheese and Mexican food, so it should come as no surprise to anyone that I’m a big, big fan of quesadillas. In fact, if you’ve been reading my site for any length of time, you know I have several quesadilla recipes on here right now. Today, I’m adding a new one. It’s one that I’ve been making for quite a while, but there just always seemed to be a different recipe that I wanted to share, instead. That’s changing today. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you a quesadilla that’s loaded with flavor, tons of cheese, zippy Mexican spices, and even chicken. These are quesadillas that you have to taste to believe!
Chicken Quesadillas with Chipotle Ranch
These delicious quesadillas start with bite-sized pieces of chicken breast cooked to tender juicy perfection with classic Mexican spices and a kick of Cajun seasoning. Then, I add two kinds of cheese along with both chipotle ranch and avocado ranch dressing. Then, it’s all added to a tortilla and fried to golden, delicious perfection. What I get is a quesadilla that’s golden on the outside and absolutely loaded with cheesy, meaty, Mexican flavor on the inside. It’s the perfect addition to your next Taco Tuesday, Cinco de Mayo party, or potluck. You can’t go wrong with them!
Why You’ll Love These Chipotle Ranch Chicken Quesadillas
- It’s super flavorful, filling, and a family favorite.
- It’s a quick, easy, and hearty weeknight meal.
- And, it’s easy to make and loaded with perfectly seasoned chicken, two types of cheese, and fried to golden brown perfection.
Chicken Quesadillas Ingredients
These super flavorful quesadillas give you all that great taste with very simple ingredients. Everything you need is either already in your kitchen or readily available at your local grocery store.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Vegetable oil
- Olive oil
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Diced green chilies
- Chipotle ranch dressing
- Avocado ranch dressing
- Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Flour tortillas
How to Make Chicken Quesadillas with Chipotle Ranch
This is a quick and easy recipe that only takes a few minutes to make, and that’s counting cooking the chicken! You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time and ready to chow down!
Step 1: Cook the Chicken
Add chicken and onions to a frying pan set to medium heat. Season with Slap Ya Mama, garlic powder, cumin, pepper, and red pepper flakes, and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the onions are translucent.
Step 2: Add the Dressings
Pour the diced green chilies, chipotle ranch, and avocado ranch dressing into the pan, stir, and cook for a few more minutes.
Step 3: Make the Quesadillas
Melt a tablespoon of butter in a frying pan and place a tortilla in it. Heat the tortilla, then flip it and add the chicken mixture to half of the tortilla. Then, add both cheeses, fold, and fry until golden. Repeat until all quesadillas have been made. Cut into wedges, serve, and enjoy!
Topping Ideas for Chicken Quesadillas
These quesadillas are perfect just as they are, but for even more flavor, try serving them topped with:
- Pico de Gallo
- Taco sauce
- Sour cream
- Be sure not to overcook your chicken. The bite-sized pieces will be perfectly cooked just about the time the onions are translucent.
- Fry your tortillas over medium heat so they get nice and hot on the inside without burning on the outside.
- Be sure that you don’t overfill your quesadillas. You want all that delicious filling to stay inside the quesadillas!
- You can make these with shredded chicken, beef, or pork.
- Try making a seafood variation with either fish or shrimp.
- Use your favorite cheeses in this recipe. Mexican and taco blends work well.
What to Serve with Chipotle Ranch Chicken Quesadillas
These delicious quesadillas are perfect when paired with any of your favorite Mexican foods like:
- Spanish rice
- Mexican rice
- Guacamole and chips
- Salsa and chips
- Churros for dessert
- Black beans and rice
What size tortilla is best for quesadillas?
10-inch tortillas are the perfect size for quesadillas. They’re large enough to hold the cheese and fillings but not so large that they’re difficult to work with or too much for one person.
What can I put in a quesadilla?
Quesadillas are a great recipe because you can do so much with them. Try filling them with cheese along with any of the following.
- Chicken, beef, pork, or fish
- Refried beans
- Black beans
- Chopped onions
- Bell peppers
- Hot peppers
- Pico de Gallo
Does a quesadilla have to be folded?
Not at all. You can choose to make a quesadilla by folding one tortilla in half or filling up an entire tortilla and topping it with another tortilla.
Do you make a quesadilla with one or two tortillas?
That’s entirely up to you. You can fold one tortilla or you can fully cover a tortilla and top it with another tortilla. The two tortilla method is especially good to use if you have a variety of ingredients or are serving someone with a big appetite.
What goes with chicken quesadillas?
Any of your favorite Mexican dishes are perfect with quesadillas. The flavors in them pair well with all sorts of Mexican foods, so you’re free to serve anything you like with them!
How to Store and Reheat Chipotle Ranch Chicken Quesadillas
First and foremost, never store a constructed quesadilla. Over time, they get soggy. Instead, store leftover quesadilla filling in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. For longer storage, you can freeze the filling for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
To reheat, place the filling in a saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until heated through. Then, construct your quesadillas as noted in the recipe.
Try This Chicken Quesadilla Recipe Today
These chipotle ranch chicken quesadillas are absolutely delicious, and they’re so easy to make. You can’t beat a combo like that. Whether you’re making them for a family meal, a backyard party, game day, or to bring to a potluck, everyone will always love them. There’s never a wrong time to make these, so give them a try. I guarantee you’ll fall in love.
More Delicious Quesadilla Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Brisket Quesadillas – An absolutely delicious quesadilla recipe that is loaded with beef brisket, BBQ sauce, and crispy onion strings.
Ground Beef Quesadillas – A super simple and easy recipe made with perfectly seasoned ground beef, lots of cheese, and the best blend of seasonings.
Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas – These quesadillas are so quick to whip up. Loaded with two types of cheese, tender, shredded chicken, and a blend of seasonings.
And, these Chile Verde Quesadillas from Deliciously Seasoned. These cheesy and hearty quesadillas are made with leftover pork, a homemade salsa verde, and lots of cheese. Perfect for dinner or as an appetizer.
Chicken Quesadillas with Chipotle Ranch
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 ounce diced green chilies
- ⅓ cup chipotle ranch dressing
- ⅓ cup avocado ranch dressing
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 flour tortillas, burrito size
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- Heat oil in a frying pan or large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and onions into the pan, sprinkle with Slap Ya Mama seasoning, garlic powder, cumin, pepper and red pepper flakes. Stir and cook until chicken is cooked and onions are translucent.
- Pour diced green chilies, chipotle ranch and avocado ranch dressing into the pan, stir until combined and continue cooking for a few more minutes.
- In another frying pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and place a tortilla into the pan and heat one side then flip over and add chicken mixture on one half of the tortilla.
- Next, add both types of cheese on top of chicken, fold the tortilla over and fry until golden.
- Repeat the process with the remaining tortillas and chicken mixture.
- Remove from pan, place on a plate.
- Cut into wedges right before serving.
- Top with your favorite toppings like sour cream, green onions, cilantro and avocado.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.