Calling all fans of all things cheese and garlic! You’re not going to want to miss out on this crazy good, quick an easy, garlic bread recipe. There are very few things in the world that I love more than Cheesy Garlic Cheese Toast and I think that once you create this simple food, you’re going to see why. Eating anything loaded with cheese is NEVER a bad thing!
Before you read the title of this recipe and just think that this is “just” another cheesy toast recipe, think again and take a peek at the directions. Because where I’m from, we always like to add in a little heat to the kitchen in terms of spiciness and flavor. The simple addition of diced jalapenos takes the taste and flavor of this garlic toast right over the top.
And if you’re a fan of jalapenos, you know that it’s always a tossup as to whether or not they’re going to be spicy at all. Some jalapenos are “burn your face off” hot, while others are actually more of a mellow and mild taste. Consider this your taste test to see what happens when you add them to the top of this toast!
Can you use a different type of bread for this garlic toast recipe?
You can. I’m a huge fan of French bread though because of the taste and texture. It has just the right thickness to it and the perfect chew to make each bite a mouthful full of flavor. Texas toast would also work well with this recipe.
But don’t get me wrong. I know that there are times when you just might not be able to get to the store or need to use a different type of bread. Experiment and have fun with this simple toast recipe. The bonus is that you’ll just be able to eat more of this delicious taste and flavor!
Why is there mayonnaise used in this recipe?
Mayonnaise is such a good ingredient to use! Not only does it add in a ton of great flavor but it cooks up perfectly to give that bread that toasted texture as well. Trust me – don’t skimp on this one. (and miracle whip is not the same as mayo in this case!)
What are some other toppings that you can add to garlic bread?
The important thing to remember about garlic bread is that it’s meant to be simple and that the flavor of garlic really should be the star of the show. HOWEVER, that doesn’t mean that you can’t add on a few other toppings. This could even be more cheese (yes, please!), chopped onions, a few dashes of hot sauce, or even just some diced jalapenos as well.
Whatever your taste buds are craving, you can always give it a try.
How long should I broil cheesy garlic bread?
There isn’t really a set time but be VERY careful here. Broiling is a great way to cook food fast, but it’s also a super simple way to burn food fast. I’ve had one too many bread casualties in my life that I’m not overly happy to admit to.
When you’re broiling the top of the garlic bread, don’t venture far. Stand in front of the oven and keep your eye on the top of the bread. It will start to brown quickly and fast so you need to pull it before it’s too late. You just want to melt the cheese and give it a nice, golden color.
This is such a simple Cheesy Garlic Cheese Toast recipe that pairs perfectly with any type of dish or as a side dish to lasagna, spaghetti or any Italian meal. Or, as we do in my household, you can literally choose to make this a meal all on its own!
Ingredients For Cheesy Garlic Cheese Toast
- Loaf of French bread
- Mozzarella cheese, can use Jack cheese and Monterey jack as well.
- Garlic salt
- Parsley flakes
- Diced jalapenos, optional
(Actual measurements are in the recipe card below.)
How To Make Garlic Cheese Toast
- Mix butter, mayonnaise, garlic salt and parsley together until combined.
- Cut bread into desired thickness and add a layer of butter mixture on top of each piece of bread, then place on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Now top with shredded cheese and add diced jalapenos, if desired.
- Place in preheated 350° oven for 10 minutes, the turn broiler to “low” and broil for an additional 4-5 minutes or until cheese has melted and has started to brown.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
The photo below is made mixing the cheese INTO the butter mixture, then spreading on top of the bread and topped with jalapenos. Either way works so make it adding the cheese on top of the butter mixture or make it with the cheese mixed into the butter mixture.
Try This Delicious Cheesy Garlic Cheese Toast Today
Here are a few more delicious bread recipes that can be found on the blog:
- Cheesy Onion Monkey Bread
- Three Alarm Garlic Cheese Bread
- Asiago Gouda Cheese Bread
- Garlic Cheese Bread
Cheesy Garlic Cheese Toast
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, mix butter, mayonnaise, garlic salt and parsley flakes together until well combined.
- Cut bread into desired thickness and add a layer of butter mixture on top of each piece of bread.
- Place bread on baking sheet, in a single layer, top with shredded cheese. and place in the oven for 10 minutes, then turn broil on "low" and broil until brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Carefully remove from oven.
- Remove toast and place on a serving plate then enjoy.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.