Barbecue season is in full swing, and these BBQ brisket sliders, made with leftover smoky brisket, are a delicious, quick, and easy lunch or dinner recipe that everyone will enjoy.
BBQ brisket is one of my favorite grilled meats of any kind. Sure, ribs and pulled pork are great, but brisket just hits my tastebuds in a different way. I love serving it up with buns and great sides like coleslaw. I made these BBQ brisket sliders that combine everything that makes a great brisket meal into one hand-held delight.
These sliders start with leftover chopped BBQ brisket that I heat in a saucepan until warm. Then, I toast the insides of slider buns, sandwich cheese, BBQ brisket, and more cheese between them and finally bake them until they’re hot and melty. Then, I add a nice spoonful of coleslaw to the sliders before serving. It all combines to make a complete brisket meal in every bite, and it’s done in a super-fun way that everyone loves.
Why You’ll Love These Leftover BBQ Brisket Sliders
- The leftover brisket is rich and flavorful, tender and juicy, and will add so much flavor to the sliders.
- They can be customized with your favorite toppings, such as pickles, onions, bacon, additional barbecue sauce.
- They are so easy to make and is a great way to use up leftover brisket for a quick lunch or dinner recipe that can be made in a matter of minutes.
BBQ Brisket Sliders Ingredients
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe. Some leftover brisket, cheese, slider buns, and a little coleslaw is all it takes, and you’ll find it all at your local grocery store.
- Leftover chopped BBQ brisket
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Brioche slider buns or Hawaiian rolls
- Coleslaw salad kit
- Butter or Mayonnaise, for toasting
- Melted butter, for topping
How to Make Leftover BBQ Brisket Sliders
It takes very little effort to make these sliders. The brisket is already cooked, so you’ll just do a little reheating and then a little baking. That’s it!
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. While the oven preheats, heat the brisket in a small saucepan until warm.
Step 2: Toast the Buns
Butter the insides of the top and bottom halves of the slider buns and toast them buttered-side down over medium heat in a large frying pan or on a griddle until golden. Place the bottom buns on a baking sheet.
Step 3: Make the Sliders
Top the bottom buns with cheese slices, then spoon the leftover BBQ brisket over the top of the cheese. Add the top buns and brush them with melted butter.
Step 4: Bake
Bake the sliders for 12 to 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Step 5: Serve
Remove the sliders from the oven and take off the top buns. Then, add the prepared coleslaw on top of the brisket and replace the top buns. Brush with melted butter and serve.
- Heat the brisket until warm, not hot. The baking will finish that off.
- Toast the buns on medium heat and no higher. You want them golden and crispy but not burned.
- Serve these sliders immediately after baking for the best flavor and texture.
- For extra flavor and heat, add some diced jalapeno to the brisket while warming it.
- Your favorite sliced cheese can be used for this recipe. Get creative!
- For something a little different, try making these with Texas toast.
What to Serve with Brisket Sliders
Serve all your favorite summer sides with these delicious brisket sliders. Some of my favorites include:
- French fries
- Sweet potato fries
- Potato wedges
- Tater tots
- Onion rings
- Potato salad
- Baked beans
- Mac and cheese
Slice your brisket against the grain. This creates brisket that is tender and juicy because it shortens the muscle fibers by slicing through them.
Brisket point is almost always used for any kind of sandwich. The tip has the most connective tissue, making it juicy, tender, and ideal for shredding or chopping for sandwiches.
The three best types of rolls for your juicy brisket sandwich are:
Brisket is the quintessential BBQ food, so serve it with all the classics like:
Mac and Cheese
German potato salad
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Brisket Sliders
Remove coleslaw from any leftover sliders. Then store the sliders in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Store the coleslaw separately in the fridge in an airtight container.
To reheat the sliders, place them on a baking sheet and bake at 350 again until heated through.
Try This Leftover BBQ Beef Brisket Slider Recipe Today
This easy slider recipe is a full BBQ brisket meal in every bite. With tender BBQ brisket, cheddar cheese, AND coleslaw on toasted slider buns, you’re going to be the most popular cook at the party. These are so easy that you can make them for special occasion or just for a fun weeknight meal whenever you have leftover brisket or any BBQ meat. Give them a try and get ready to fall in love with your new favorite slider recipe.
More Delicious Brisket Recipes You’ll Enjoy
This BBQ Brisket Grilled Cheese is so flavorful and is made on grilled garlic toast. A delicious and super easy grilled cheese recipe everyone will enjoy.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small saucepan, heat brisket until warm.
- Using a griddle or large frying pan, butter (or use mayonnaise), the inside of both top and bottom of the slider buns and grill, buttered side down, over medium heat until golden.
- Place bottom toasted buns on a baking sheet.
- Top buns with cheese slices.
- Spoon leftover BBQ brisket over the cheese slices.
- Replace top buns, brush with melted butter, and bake in the oven until the cheese melts, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and remove top buns.
- Add prepared coleslaw over the BBQ brisket and replace top buns.
- Brush with remaining melted butter and enjoy.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.