These easy and delicious BBQ chicken sliders are the perfect mini chicken sandwich recipe for any backyard barbecue, game day get-together, or easy weeknight dinner. They are full of tender, juicy, shredded chicken that is seasoned perfectly, mixed with barbecue sauce, topped with cheese and baked until golden. A fun party appetizer too.
I love BBQ chicken sandwiches, and I’m a big fan of the versatility of sliders. So I decided to put them together and create these delicious hand-held BBQ chicken sandwiches. They’re loaded with zesty BBQ chicken and cheese, and are always a big hit. I’ve been making them for several years now, and I routinely bring them to backyard parties and potlucks. My kids also request them quite often when they’re coming over with their families to visit. You just can’t beat the flavor and the fun of these little sandwiches. They’re super easy to make, too, which is a huge bonus.
BBQ Chicken Sliders
These delicious sandwiches start with shredded BBQ chicken. Then, I toast slider buns, top them with Colby Jack cheese and the chicken and bake them until they’re golden and the cheese is melty and gooey. It all comes together to create a zesty BBQ sandwich loaded with flavor but not work. And that’s the real kicker. These sliders are super easy, so you can serve up something amazing without spending a ton of time in the kitchen. Winner, winner chicken slider dinner!
Why You’ll Love This BBQ Chicken Sliders Recipe
There are many reasons why you’ll love these BBQ Chicken Sliders. Here are a few of them:
- They are easy to make and can be assembled in just a few minutes.
- They are delicious and the chicken is cooked to perfection. The BBQ sauce is flavorful and tangy.
- It’s a hearty mini chicken sandwich recipe that’s perfect for parties, family gatherings, game day festivities, or an easy family dinner.
- They’re versatile. You can customize the sliders to your liking by using your favorite BBQ sauce and toppings.
- They’re a crowd-pleaser. Everyone loves BBQ chicken, so these sliders are sure to be a hit with your guests.
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer, then you need to try these BBQ Chicken Sliders. They’re sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
- Shred your chicken while it’s as hot as possible but still safe to handle. Hot chicken shreds much more easily than cool chicken.
- You only need a thin layer of mayonnaise for toasting the buns. Too much will just burn.
- Sliced cheese is the best option for these sliders. Shredded cheese just won’t stay in place nicely.
- Use your favorite brand and flavor of BBQ sauce or make your own homemade version.
- You can make these with shredded turkey, beef, or pork, as well.
- Use any kind of cheese you like.
BBQ Chicken Sliders Ingredients
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe, and most of them are probably in your kitchen right now.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts are the main ingredient in BBQ Chicken Sliders. They are a lean and healthy protein that is perfect for grilling or baking.
- Butter: Used to cook the chicken breasts and add flavor to the chicken.
- Garlic salt and Black pepper: Adds flavor to the chicken.
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning is a Cajun seasoning that adds zesty Cajun flavor to the chicken.
- Barbecue sauce: Used to mix with the shredded chicken and give it so much flavor.
- Colby jack cheese: Placed on top the chicken and is perfect for melting.
- Slider buns: Small buns used to hold the chicken. They are perfect for finger food.
- Mayonnaise: Used to spread on the buns before toasting to help keep the liquid from soaking into the buns.
- Melted butter: Used to brush on top of buns.
How to Make BBQ Chicken Sliders
Making this recipe is super simple. It only takes around 30 minutes give or take from start to finish!
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Step 2: Cook the Chicken
Melt butter over medium heat in a large frying pan. Then, season the chicken and add it to the pan. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side until golden and the internal temperature registers 165 degrees.
Step 3: Make the BBQ Chicken
Transfer the cooked chicken to a large mixing bowl and shred it with two forks or shredding claws. Next, mix the BBQ sauce into the chicken until fully coated.
Step 4: Toast the Buns
Spread a thin layer of may on the insides of the top and bottom buns and toast in a large frying pan on medium heat until golden.
Step 5: Construct the BBQ Chicken Sliders
Place the bottom buns on the prepared baking sheet. Then, top them with sliced cheese and shredded BBQ chicken. Add the top buns.
Step 6: Bake
Lastly, brush the tops of the buns with melted butter. Bake until the cheese has melted.
What to Serve with BBQ Chicken Sliders
These delicious sandwiches are perfect with all your favorite summer party and sandwich sides. Try serving them with:
- French fries
- Sweet potato fries
- Tater tots
- Potato wedges
- Mac and cheese
- Baked beans
- Potato salad
What are chicken sliders?
Chicken sliders are small chicken sandwiches made with slider buns. The chicken can be shredded or in whole pieces and baked or breaded and fried.
What cheese is good on BBQ chicken?
There are several varieties of cheese that pair very well with bbq chicken.
- Colby Jack
Can these BBQ chicken sliders be made in advance?
To a certain degree. Cook and shred the chicken and mix it with the BBQ sauce. Then refrigerate it for up to a day and heat it up when ready to construct and bake your sliders.
What is a good side for BBQ Chicken Sliders?
There are many great side dishes that would go well with BBQ chicken sliders. Here are a few ideas:
- Coleslaw: This classic side dish is a refreshing and flavorful accompaniment to BBQ chicken.
- Macaroni and cheese: This cheesy and comforting dish is always a hit with kids and adults alike.
- Potato salad: This classic side dish is made with potatoes, mayonnaise, and other flavorful ingredients.
- Corn on the cob: This summertime favorite is a delicious and easy-to-make side dish.
- French fries: These classic side dishes are a must-have for any barbecue.
- Baked beans: This hearty and flavorful side dish is a perfect match for BBQ chicken.
- Green beans: This healthy and versatile vegetable can be cooked in a variety of ways to compliment BBQ chicken.
- Roasted vegetables: This flavorful and colorful side dish is a great way to add some extra nutrients to your meal.
- Fruit salad: This refreshing and healthy side dish is a great way to end your meal on a sweet note.
No matter what side dishes you choose, make sure to serve them with plenty of napkins! BBQ chicken sliders are a messy food, so it’s important to be prepared.
Can you freeze leftover barbecue chicken sliders?
You can freeze the barbecue chicken mixture for up to 3 months. Leave it in the refrigerator the night before you plan to make the sliders, then heat it up the next day and continue on with the recipe.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover BBQ Chicken Sliders
Store the BBQ chicken mixture in its own airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. For longer storage, freeze it for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
To reheat, place the BBQ chicken in a sauce pan with a very small amount of water and cook it over medium-low heat until heated through. Then, continue on with the recipe is directed.
Try This Easy and Delicious BBQ Chicken Sliders Recipe Today
These BBQ chicken sliders are full of flavor, but they’re not full of work. It only takes a few minutes to make the BBQ chicken, construct the sliders, and then bake them. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time, and everyone will be begging for more when the sliders are all gone. And they will be all gone! Give this recipe a try, and I know it will become part of your regular rotation.
More Delicious Slider Easy Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Cheesy Beef Sliders – This slider recipe is loaded with deliciously seasoned ground beef, lots of cheese and baked. The perfect hand-held appetizer, lunch or dinner recipe that is packed with flavor.
Pulled Pork Sliders – These delicious sliders are super easy to make and are made with leftover pulled pork. Hearty, savory and delicious.
Breakfast Sliders – These breakfast sliders are loaded with scrambled eggs, sausage and gravy, and are super easy to make.
And, here is a delicious Crockpot Crack Chicken Sliders from Deliciously Seasoned that you will enjoy as well.
BBQ Chicken Sliders
- Preheat the oven to 350° and lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large frying pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Season chicken breasts and add chicken to the pan.
- Cook chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side until golden or when internal temperature reaches 165°
- Add chicken to a mixing bowl and shred with an electric hand mixer or with two forks.
- Stir barbecue sauce into chicken and stir until all chicken is coated well.
- Spread mayonnaise on both sides of the buns.
- In a large frying pan or skillet, over medium heat, toast slider buns, mayo side down, until golden.
- Place bottom toasted buns on the prepared baking sheet.
- Add the shredded chicken mixture on top of the bottom buns.
- Place sliced cheese on top of the chicken mixture and add the top buns.
- Brush melted butter over the top buns and bake until the cheese is melted, approximately 10 minutes.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.