Fall is my favorite time of year to bake all sorts of delicious apple recipes. These apple pecan scones are perfect to make this time of year. Actually, these can be made all year long but they are definitely a favorite during the fall season at our house.
Flavorful and full of little apple chunks, these apple scones tastes great right out of the oven. Adding a bit of sweetness, with the glaze drizzled over the top, makes these scones even more delicious. And with chopped pecans added, just makes them that much more scrumptious.
Scones With Apples and Pecans
Crunchy on the outside, soft and delicious on the inside, these scones are to die for. They are not too sweet and can easily be enjoyed without the added glaze. A delicious breakfast or brunch scones recipe everyone will enjoy.
A super thin drizzle of glaze is all you need for these delicious apple pecan scones. A simple mixture of powdered sugar and milk makes an easy glaze recipe that taste sweet and yummy.
These apple pecan scones are great to make and then freeze. Grab one out of the freezer, pop it in your lunch. These scones also make a delicious snack during the week, while at work, or when needing a bit of sweetness in your day.
Ingredients Needed To Make Homemade Apple Scones
- Granny Smith Apples
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Powdered sugar
How To Make Apple Pecan Scones
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Add cold butter into flour mixture and using a pastry blender, or a fork, mix until crumbly.
- Stir in chopped apples and pecans.
- Pour milk into bowl and stir until combined.
- Remove dough from bowl and place on a lightly floured cover surface, knead about 8 times.
- Form a rectangle and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut into 8 diagonal pieces and place on baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until browned.
- Mix powdered sugar with milk to make the glaze and drizzle over each scone.
We hope you enjoy these apple scones as much as we do.
Try These Apple Pecan Scones Today
Here are a few more delicious apple recipes that can be found on the blog: Apple Pecan Monkey Bread, Apple Pear Walnut Crisp, Homemade Apple Pecan Cinnamon Rolls, Apple Pecan Cake with Caramel Glaze, Apple Stresuel Blondies, Apple Walnut Crepes, plus many more.
Apple Pecan Scones
For The Scones
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
For The Topping
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 425°
For The Scones
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt together.
- Add cold butter into flour mixture and using a pastry blender or a fork, mix until crumbly.
- Add chopped apples and pecans, stir.
- Pour in milk and stir until incorporated.
- Remove from bowl and place on a flour covered surface and knead about 8 times.
- Form a rectangle, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, then cut into 8 diagonal pieces and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper..
- Place in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes or until browned.
For The Topping
- Mix powdered sugar with milk to make a glaze, then drizzle over each scone.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.