Apple Pecan Monkey Bread
Fall is finally here!! YAY!! My favorite time of the year for baking! I have been waiting for Fall all year and am so excited that it is finally starting to cool down a bit where we live! Today when I made this apple pecan monkey bread, my daughter came into the kitchen and said, “It smells like Christmas!” I always have cinnamon scented pine cones in a basket during the holidays, and it did smell like Christmas! But it’s Fall… and I’m soooooo happy!!
I had made some individual apple pecan monkey breads earlier today, but I wasn’t impressed with the presentation! They were delicious, but I decided that I’d make this one! Actually, this apple pecan monkey bread is super delish, and as my daughter, Halie, said, “It’s like Fall in my mouth.”
When you make this apple pecan monkey bread, lay the pecans on the bottom of the bundt pan. When you add your first layer of sugar coated biscuit cubes, make sure to gently spoon them onto the pecans, that way the pecans will stay in the design you placed them in. After you add your apple mixture, and then the second layer of biscuits, sprinkle some of the remaining sugar mixture over the top before you add the melted butter. Stick it in the oven and in about 40 minutes, you will have a delicious fall dessert that everyone will love!
I have quite a few recipes planned in the upcoming months, and I’m super excited to start making apple and pumpkin goodies! This apple pecan monkey bread is not vegan, and you will start to see more of my recipes that are not vegan. Some of my family members are now vegetarians, so I will be making food for my blog that they want as well.
Try this delicious recipe today
- 2 tubes Pillsbury Grand Biscuits, cubed
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 3 Tbs organic brown sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peel, core and cubed
- ½ cup pecans, whole
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a bundt pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together both sugars and cinnamon.
- Add ½ sugar mixture into a smaller bowl, set aside.
- Add chopped apples into the smaller bowl, stir to coat. Set aside.
- Cut biscuits into cubes (I cut each biscuit into 16 cubes).
- Add to large bowl, stir to coat.
- Place pecans in bottom of bundt pan.
- Carefully add half of the biscuits over the pecans.
- Stir apple mixture, then spoon over biscuits.
- Add remaining biscuits on top of apple mixture.
- Pour melted butter over the top of the biscuits.
- Bake for approximately 37-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn over on a serving dish and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!