Crock Pot Beef Stew with a Kick
Mmmm, beef stew! This crock pot beef stew with a kick is a great meal to make on a cold day to get you all warmed up, and your belly full. Whether it’s Fall or Winter, or anytime of the year, this makes for a great dinner everyone will enjoy. The vegetables, the seasonings, and the meat, mixed together, makes this a fabulous dish that is full of amazing flavor!
I love using my crock pot. It’s been used many, many times over the years and has produced some delicious dinners. This is one of those meals my family has really enjoyed. So tasty! This does have a little kick to it. The Rotel gives it that spicy flavor. If you don’t like spicy, just substitute in some diced tomatoes in its place.
This stew is very easy to make, and the crock pot does all the work for you! Just brown your meat, peel and cut up your veggies, add in some seasonings and some juices, and that’s it! Dinner will be ready in about 5-6 hours, so do whatever you do for fun, or get on Pinterest and find some more awesome recipes to pin, and give yourself the night off and relax, dinner is in the pot!
I used a 7 quart crock pot for this beef stew. With all the meat and veggies, I needed a larger pot for all of this deliciousness!
Try this crock pot beef stew with a kick today
- 3-4 lbs chuck roast, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6-7 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4-5 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbsp Season Salt
- 3 Tbsp Garlic Salt
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 10 oz cans Rotel
- 1 14 oz can beef broth
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup flour (might need more)
- 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 Tbsp water
- In a large dutch oven pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add flour to a large resealable bag, then add some stew meat to bag. Shake well until meat is well coated, then add meat to pan. Repeat until all the meat has been covered in flour and added to pan.
- Add seasonings to meat.
- Brown meat on all four sides.
- Turn crock pot on high.
- Peel carrots and potatoes, slice carrots and cube potatoes to desired size. Add to crock pot.
- Slice celery, cut up onion and garlic, and add to crock pot.
- After meat is browned, add to crock pot on top of the veggies.
- Pour both cans of Rotel on top of meat.
- Pour beef broth on top of meat.
- Cover and cook until meat is tender and potatoes and carrots are done. In the last hour of cooking, add in corn, peas, and green beans and stir.
- Right before stew is done, mix 1 tbsp of corn starch with 1 tbsp water in a small bowl and add it to the stew and stir. This will thicken it a bit.
- Serve with some homemade biscuits, bread sticks, or corn bread muffins.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.