Sour Cream Turkey Enchiladas Recipe
With Thanksgiving fast approaching, having additional recipe ideas for using leftover turkey is ideal and this is the perfect recipe. These sour cream turkey enchiladas are perfect to make with leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
Leftover Turkey Recipe
This might not look pretty, but these sour cream turkey enchiladas are delicious. All you need is leftover turkey, sour cream, green enchilada sauce, onions, olives, cheese and tortillas. That’s it and you could be enjoying these turkey enchiladas as another delicious meal with leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
Easy Turkey Enchiladas Recipe Using Leftover Turkey
Easy to make, these turkey enchiladas can be made casserole style, meaning just layer all the ingredients, which makes preparing this dinner that much easier. Start with a little sauce in the bottom of the baking dish, then add a layer of tortillas. Next, sour cream, turkey mixture, cheese and then repeat and finally top with additional cheese and sliced olives. Cover with foil and pop in the oven.
The enchiladas did not hold their shape but that didn’t matter because all the flavors of the ingredients still tasted the same. This actually looks a mess but it’s SO GOOD!
Recipe Using Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey
The sliced onions give these enchiladas so much additional flavor. Another great recipe using leftover turkey. It’s always nice to have more recipes to choose from when there is turkey leftover. The usual turkey sandwich is my absolute favorite but these sour cream turkey enchiladas are super delish too!
These Delicious Sour Cream Turkey Enchiladas Today
Here are some other enchiladas recipes that you can find on the blog: Beef Enchiladas, Spicy Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas, Leftover Mexican Style Crock Pot Chuck Roast Enchiladas, Black Bean Potato Green Chile Enchiladas, and Shredded Beef Enchiladas.
Leftover Turkey Recipe
Sour Cream Turkey Enchiladas
- 5 cups leftover turkey, shredded
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 2 28 oz cans green enchilada sauce
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 3.5 oz can can sliced black olives
- 1 2.25 oz can can sliced black olives
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp red crushed peppers
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 6 cups Colby jack cheese
- 16-18 yellow corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375° and spray a 9 X 13 baking dish with a non stick spray. Set aside.
- Shred turkey and add to 3 qt saucepan.
- Drain both cans of olives, add the larger can to the saucepan with the shredded turkey.
- Add chopped onions and ¾ can of one enchilada sauce, pepper, cumin, red crushed peppers and chili powder to the turkey.
- In another saucepan, pour the remaining enchilada sauce and the other can into the pan.
- Heat both pans over low flame until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Add a few tortillas at a time to pan with just the sauce to coat.
- Add a couple large spoons of sauce to bottom of the baking dish,
- Start by layering the tortillas, sour cream, turkey mixture, cheese and then tortillas, sour cream, turkey mixture, cheese, repeat ending with cheese.
- Top with the small can of black olives.
- Spray a piece of foil with non stick spray and place on top of enchiladas so the cheese will not stick to the foil.
- Pop in the oven, cook for 60 minutes, then remove foil and cook for 15 additional minutes to brown the cheese a bit.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.