Shredded Beef Enchiladas Recipe
Let me first start off saying there was no easy way to make these enchiladas look pretty! Boy, look at that baking dish. With that said, these shredded beef enchiladas taste great and make for a quick meal. What I did was make my crock pot boneless beef round tip roast for dinner the night before and then used the leftover roast to make these shredded beef enchiladas.
Getting two great meals out of one roast is always a plus. Actually, a third meal could be made as well, tacos, burritos, taquitos depending on how much roast is left over.
To make these start off by adding 4 cups of shredded leftover roast to a saucepan. Next, add diced green chilies, ½ of the sliced black olives, and pour about ⅓ of the red chili sauce into the saucepan and heat over a low flame stirring occasionally.
While the meat mixture is heating, get another saucepan and heat an additional ⅓ of the sauce just until warm. Add the tortillas to the sauce, making sure each is covered before putting in the baking dish. Don’t be surprised if the tortillas soak up the sauce.
After, place 4 tortillas into an oval baking dish that has been sprayed with a non stick spray. Add ½ of the meat mixture, then ½ of the sour cream and ⅓ of the grated cheese. Layer again with 4 additional tortillas, meat, sour cream and cheese. The last layer is the remaining cheese, the last of the sauce and any leftover sauce in the pan, and then top with the remaining black olives. You can always use more sauce then the recipe calls for if you want the enchiladas a little more on the saucy side.
Lastly, cover with foil and cook for approximately 45 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted, bubbly and heated through. In addition, these are great topped with a dollop of additional sour cream, green onions, sliced avocados and cilantro. Even more tasty is to served these shredded beef enchiladas with Spanish rice and refried beans. YUM!
Try these shredded beef enchiladas today
Here are a few more delicious recipes you can find on the blog: Spicy Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas, Beef Enchiladas, Leftover Mexican Style Crock Pot Chuck Roast Enchiladas, or how about some Black Bean Potato Green Chile Enchiladas.
Shredded Beef Enchiladas
- 4 cups leftover roast, shredded
- 28 oz can red chili sauce, or enchilada sauce
- 6.5 can black olives, sliced, divided
- 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 6 cups cheese, grated (I used half pepper jack and half sharp cheddar)
- 8 oz sour cream
- 12 corn tortillas
- Optional: avocado, cilantro, green onions, additional sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a 3 quart baking dish with a non stick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add shredded roast, ½ of the black olives, diced green chilies, ⅓ of red chili sauce. Heat over low flame until hot.
- In another saucepan, heat ⅓ of sauce just until warmed then dip each tortilla into the sauce making sure each is covered in sauce.
- Place a layer of tortillas in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spoon ½ meat mixture, ½ sour cream, ⅓ grated cheese onto tortillas.
- Add another layer of tortillas, remaining meat mixture, sour cream and sprinkle with another ⅓ grated cheese.
- Next, place remaining tortillas, cheese, and pour the remaining red chili sauce, and any sauce left in the saucepan, over the cheese.
- Top with black olives.
- Cover with lid, or foil, and bake for 45 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and top with sour cream, cilantro, green onions and avocado if desired.
Here are a couple of pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Also, make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe.