This Pumpkin Bundt Cake is a classic autumnal dessert. It is made with a moist and flavorful batter that is infused with the rich, earthy flavors of pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves., and other spices. The cream cheese frosting adds a hint of cinnamon and a touch of sweetness and creaminess to the cake.
Pumpkin cake is one of my favorite fall treats. Okay, okay, I know I’ve been saying that about all of my recent pumpkin recipes, but I mean, come on. It’s pumpkin! You can’t really beat pumpkin anything, especially during the fall and holiday seasons. One of my favorite things to do with a classic pumpkin cake is dress it up by simply using a fancier pan. Rather than make a sheet cake, I break out my trusty Bundt pan, and I make it in that. It cooks more evenly, and the pan gives it a pretty shape. It’s festive and delicious, and it’s perfect for any occasion, from weeknight desserts to parties and holiday gatherings.
Pumpkin Bundt Cake
This delicious cake starts with a classic pumpkin cake batter in which I use oil instead of butter for a super tender and moist crumb. I bake it in a Bundt pan for a pretty presentation, then I frost it with a sweet and tangy cream cheese frosting, the classic pairing with pumpkin cake. It’s an easy recipe that takes very little effort or time, and when I’m done, I have a sweet treat that’s as pretty as it is delicious. It’s perfect!
Why You’ll Love This Pumpkin Bundt Cake Recipe
- This pumpkin cake is moist, delicious, and flavorful, and the pumpkin puree and spices give the cake a rich, autumnal flavor.
- The cream cheese frosting is the perfect complement, adding a delicious touch of sweetness and creaminess.
- It is easy to make with simple, straightforward instructions, and simple ingredients that you might already have on hand.
Pumpkin Bundt Cake Ingredients
This recipe uses simple baking ingredients that are all either in your kitchen right now or just a quick trip to the grocery store away. You’ll find everything you need in all the aisles you already frequent.
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground cloves
- Ground ginger
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Large eggs
- Pumpkin puree
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Cream cheese
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
How to Make Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Making this cake only takes a few simple steps and a few minutes. It’s a super easy recipe that comes together in just about an hour total. So easy!
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a Bundt cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Step 2: Combine the Dry Cake Ingredients
Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and pumpkin spice in a medium bowl.
Step 3: Combine the Wet Ingredients
Beat the eggs, pumpkin puree, sugar, and vegetable oil in a large bowl.
Step 4: Make the Batter
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
Step 5: Bake
Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan and bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
Step 6: Cool
Cool the cake for 10 minutes in the Bundt pan. Then, place a wire cooling rack over the Bundt pan and flip the pan and cooling rack over together. Remove the Bundt pan and let the cake cool completely.
Step 7: Make the Frosting
Beat the cream cheese, butter, cinnamon, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Then, gradually add the powdered sugar and mix until well combined.
Step 8: Frost
When the cake is completely cooled, frost it with the cinnamon cream cheese frosting and decorate with sprinkles (optional), or drizzle with a sweet glaze.
- Be sure you coat every nook and cranny of your bundt cake with nonstick spray or the cake won’t come out easily – if at all.
- Use a butter knife to gently push the cake away from the Bundt pan before inverting it onto the wire cooling rack.
- If the cake doesn’t immediately release after flipping the pan, give it several firm taps with your hand all around the pan to help loosen the cake.
- Fully soften your butter and cream cheese to avoid grainy frosting.
- Try adding chocolate or white chocolate chips to the pumpkin cake batter.
- You can make a sheet cake with this batter rather than a Bundt cake if you prefer.
- Chopped pecans or walnuts are delicious when added to the cake batter.
What to Serve with Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Serve this delicious cake with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee or tea. It’s also delicious when added to a larger dessert spread of all your favorite fall treats like gingerbread baked goods, muffins, cupcakes, cakes, pies, and more.
We all know that Bundt cakes are pretty. However, they also cook more evenly thanks to the circular shape with the hole in the center, leaving them incredibly moist.
A 10-inch Bundt pan holds the same amount of batter as a 9×13 baking pan.
Yes, you can. A 10-inch Bundt pan holds the same amount of batter as a 9×13 pan.
Both of them are cakes, however, a bundt cake is made in a Bundt pan. The shape of the pan creates a cake that is incredibly thick and moist.
Bundt cakes tend to bake with a bit of a domed bottom. That’s perfectly fine, as most cakes do this. If you want a flat bottom, use a spoon to create a depression or trench along the center of the entire cake bottom before baking.
Bundt cakes get their names from the Bundt pans used to bake them. The name was derived from the German word, bundkuchen, which means “a cake for a gathering”. The creator of Bundt pans, a man named Dalquist, added the T to trademark the name.
How to Store Leftover Bundt Cake
Store this easy pumpkin bundt cake recipe in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to a month wrapped tightly in a double layer of plastic wrap and a layer of foil.
Try This Delicious Pumpkin Bundt Cake Recipe Today
This pumpkin bundt cake is as easy as it is pretty and delicious. It’s… pretty delicious… you could say. With its classic pumpkin spice fall flavors and rich, creamy cinnamon cream cheese frosting, this is a cake that everyone will love. You’ll love how easy it is to make! Give this cake a try, and I know you’ll fall in love with the taste and the pretty presentation.
More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Here is a delicious Pumpkin Cheesecake that is the perfect Thanksgiving dessert recipe that is creamy, full of all the classic flavors of the holidays, and a cheesecake recipe the whole family will enjoy.
Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, pumpkin puree, sugar, brown sugar, and vegetable oil together until combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture into pumpkin mixture and beat until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and bake in oven for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat the cream cheese, butter, cinnamon and vanilla together in a large bowl with an electric mixer.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and mix until well combined
- Once the bundt cake has cooled completely, frost cake and sprinkle with candy sprinkles.
Follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media. Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest.