This pineapple cream cheese dessert is an easy and delicious pineapple dessert recipe made with a sweet cream cheese mixture, pineapple pie filling and crushed pineapple, all on top of a buttery graham cracker crust. This easy recipe is the perfect summertime treat.
Do you love cream cheese fluff? I do. Are you a fan of pineapple? Oh, really? So am I! Do graham crackers take you to your happy place? Same here! I think we can be friends, and I think you’re going to love this delicious dessert. I’ve been making fluffy desserts like this one for years. They’re sweet and tangy, and they’re so easy to make that they’re perfect for weeknight desserts or any kind of party or get-together. When you have a recipe this quick and easy, it’s just so hard to find a reason NOT to make it. I used to make this recipe for weeknight dessert and then let the kids and their friends eat the leftovers after school. Whenever you decide to make it, one thing’s for sure – you’re going to love it.
Pineapple Cream Cheese Dessert
This delicious, creamy dish starts off with a sweet, buttery graham cracker crust that’s baked to perfection in only 10 minutes. Then, it’s topped with a sweet and tangy cream and whipped cream layer. Finally, it’s all finished with layer of pineapple filling that’s topped with crushed pineapple These ingredients combine to create a taste of the tropics in every bite that’s always a winner and always so easy to make.
Why You’ll Love This Pineapple Cream Cheese Dessert
- It’s creamy, sweet, and tangy all at once!
- It’s super easy to make.
- It is a great summer treat and a delicious dessert for weeknight meals, BBQs, or any gathering.
- It only uses a handful of easy ingredients.
Pineapple Cream Cheese Tips and Variations
This recipe is so easy, I only have a couple of tips. They’re easy but important, so don’t skip over them. I also have some variations that yield some extra tasty results.
- Be sure your crust is fully cooled before adding the cream cheese layer. If the crust is warm, the cream cheese mixture will sort of “melt”.
- Fold your Cool Whip into the cream cheese mixture. Don’t mix it. Mixing will cause the mixture to lose its light, fluffy texture.
- Add shredded coconut for even more tropical flavor.
- Top with pineapple chunks instead of crushed pineapple.&
- Top your dessert with chopped walnuts.
- Serve with more whipped cream and a cherry on top.
Pineapple Cream Cheese Dessert FAQ
If you have questions about this recipe, then read on. The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about this dessert.
Do I need to bake my graham cracker crust?
While not required, I recommend baking your graham cracker crust. It has a much deeper flavor, and it holds together better.
How long will this dessert last in the fridge?
This will keep well in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for 3 to 4 days.
Can you freeze pineapple cream cheese dessert?
Yes, but only for about a month. Any kind of cheesecake or cream cheese-based dessert will keep for about a month, but after that, the texture begins to become grainy and unappetizing.
What goes well with pineapple?
The great thing about pineapple is that is pairs so well with all kinds of flavors from sweet to savory. Some classic pineapple combinations include:
- Asian dishes like sweet and sour chicken or pork
- Paired with beef, chicken, pork, or seafood
- On pizza (hotly debated)
- In breads, cakes, or desserts like this one
How to Store Pineapple Cream Cheese Dessert
This will keep in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for 3 to 4 days. For longer storage, you can freeze it in an air-tight, freezer-safe container for up to a month. Alternately, you can wrap the original container tightly in a double layer of plastic wrap and then a layer of foil.
Pineapple Cream Cheese Dessert Ingredients
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this delicious recipe. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Graham crackers, crushed
- Melted butter
- Powdered sugar
- Cream cheese
- Cool whip
- Pineapple pie filling
- Crushed pineapple, drain and squeeze any remaining pineapple juice
How to Make Pineapple Cream Cheese Dessert
Making this dessert is as easy, if not easier, than gathering up the ingredients. It only takes a handful of simple steps.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Crush the graham crackers in a food processor or place them in a resealable bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
Step 2: Make the Crust
Add the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter to a large bowl and stir until combined. Then, spread the mixture into the baking dish, pressing it into an even, smooth layer. Reserve 1/2 cup for the topping. Bake for 10 minutes and let cool completely.
Step 3: Make the Filling
Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese for 2 to 3 minutes in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Then, add the powdered sugar and beat again. Fold in the container of Cool Whip.
Step 4: Construct the Dessert
When the crust is completely cooled, spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over it. Then, top with the pineapple filling in a smooth layer. Finally, add the drained pineapple and sprinkle with the remaining graham cracker crumbs. Cover with foil or plastic wrap and chill for a minimum of 4 hours.
Try This Delicious Pineapple Cream Cheese Dessert Today
And you really can try it today. This pineapple cream cheese dessert is so quick and easy, and it’s so delicious. With all that flavor and so little work, there’s no reason not to give it a try. Whip up this treat for your next family meal, potluck, or just because. I guarantee you’ll love how easy it is to make, and your family will love to eat it. It’s going to become you new favorite sweet treat.
More Delicious Dessert Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Pineapple Cream Cheese Danish – A delicious dessert recipe made with flaky crescent rolls, a cheesecake filling topped with pineapple, then baked to golden brown and drizzled with glaze.
Pineapple Cake – A delicious cake recipe with pineapples and cherries, and pineapple throughout the cake. A delicious summertime cake recipe that is so delicious and requested often.
And, Pineapple Meatballs – A savory and delicious meatball recipe that makes a perfect appetizer for potlucks, parties, game day gatherings or an afternoon snack.
Pineapple Cream Cheese Dessert
- 2½ cups graham crackers crushed
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 8 ounce cool whip
- 21 ounce can pineapple pie filling
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple drain and squeeze out all the juice
- Preheat the oven to 375° and lightly spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
For the Graham Cracker Crust
- In a medium bowl, add graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Stir until combined.
- Spread graham cracker mixture into prepared baking dish. Press into an even, smooth layer (saving ½ cup of mixture for the topping).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes and let cool completely.
For the Cream Cheese Filling
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese for 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy, then add powdered sugar. Beat until combined and fold in the cool whip until combined.
- Once the crust has cooled completely, spread cream cheese mixture over the crust layer.
- Top with pineapple pie filling and spread evenly then add drained crushed pineapple. Sprinkle with the remaining graham cracker crumbs.
- Cover with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite cookie or dessert board on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.