One Pot Ham and Noodle Casserole Recipe
This delicious one pot ham and noodle casserole is super simple to make and tastes scrumptious. Having leftover ham is something we enjoy because easy recipes like this family favorite ham casserole can be whipped up in a matter of minutes.
When I have leftover ham I always diced it up for future recipes. Even if the diced ham goes in the freezer, I still have it available for quick and tasty meals like this ham and noodle casserole.
With this leftover ham recipe, it can be on the table in about 30 minutes from start to finish. This is a super quick and easy one pot meal that is satisfying and filling. And, a delicious comfort food ham casserole recipe that can be made with the leftover ham from the holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter.
Ham and Noodle Casserole Made Without Canned Soup
This easy pasta recipe is made without cream of mushroom soup, chicken soup or any canned soup. I do make quite a few recipes using canned soup but for this recipe we are using chicken broth, heavy cream and seasoning to make our creamy sauce. An easy weeknight meal that can be on the table in a manner of minutes.
Variations To Leftover Ham Casserole with Noodles
If you want to change up this delicious comfort food recipe it’s simple to do. Here are a few variations that can be made by basically using what you already might have on hand to use.
- Switch out the cheese: If you are not a fan of a little spice, you can use sharp cheddar, cheddar, swiss cheese and even mozzarella in place of Pepper Jack. And you can use only one type of cheese as well. Any cheese will work with this recipe.
- Type of pasta: This recipe can be made with any type of pasta. So whatever pasta you have in your pantry should work, like elbow macaroni, penne pasta, bow tie pasta, shells, etc.
- Chicken broth: I used chicken broth with this recipe but vegetable broth can be used if you do not have chicken broth. The flavor won’t change much at all.
- Not a fan of peas: If you are not a fan of peas, you can change it up a bit by adding broccoli florets or green beans and even corn.
Ingredients Needed to Make Ham and Noodle Casserole
- Leftover ham or ham steaks
- Onion, garlic, butter
- Chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Seasoning, salt, pepper
- Egg noodles
- Pepper Jack (any cheese will work)
- Monterey Jack (any cheese will work)
- Sour cream
How To Make Ham and Noodle Casserole In One Pot
- Start out by using a large stock pot or Dutch oven and melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute for 4-5 minutes until onions are translucent, then add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Next, add diced ham, chicken broth, heavy cream, seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Stir in pasta and cover.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low/medium and add peas. Stir.
- Cover and continue cooking until noodles are tender.
- Turn off heat and add cheese and sour cream. Stir and enjoy!
Try This Delicious One Pot Casserole Recipe Today
Here are a few more delicious recipes that can be found on the blog:
- Chicken Broccoli Fettuccini Alfredo
- Homemade Cheeseburger Macaroni
- Crock Pot Country Style Pork Ribs
- Hamburger Hash Brown Casserole
- 3 cups leftover ham, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 32 oz chicken broth (4 cups)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama® seasoning
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 oz egg noodles
- 15 oz can peas, drained
- 1 cup Pepper Jack cheese, shredded (any cheese will work)
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (any cheese will work)
- 1 cup sour cream
Using a large stock pot or Dutch oven, melt butter and saute onions for 4-5 minutes over medium heat until onions are translucent.
Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
Next, add diced ham, chicken broth, heavy cream, seasoning, salt, pepper. Stir.
Stir in pasta, cover and bring to a boil then reduce heat to low/medium and add peas. Stir. (it's okay if the pasta is not completely covered with liquid)
Cover and continue cooking until noodles are tender.
Turn off heat and add cheese and sour cream.
Recipe inspired by Kyleecooks
Here are a few enhanced pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.