Lemon Bundt Cake
Are you craving the flavor of lemon but looking for a new way to get that taste? You’re going to love this homemade, totally from scratch, Lemon Bundt Cake recipe. Not only is it pretty to look at but it’s going to give you that lemon taste that is going to make your mouth pucker – in a good way!
Do you want to know what makes this lemon bundt cake stand out above all the rest? The batter and the frosting both have lemon zest in them! This isn’t typically common in dessert recipes as most just choose one or the other. But this recipe is different and we just love it so much!
We love making this bundt cake for the holidays or just to enjoy during a nice, quiet weekend at home. There’s really no wrong way to eat this cake unless you don’t make it at all.
What I love about this cake recipe is that it’s really easy to make. Every single thing from the cake batter to the frosting has that wonderful lemon flavor sprinkled in. Plus, you get to top the cake with even more lemon zest when it’s done baking!
This cake is so refreshing on a summer day (but it’s also perfectly delicious for the winter months, too).
How Do You Zest A Lemon?
If you’ve never zested a lemon, have no fear. It’s really simple to do! First, before you do anything, make certain that you wash the outside of the lemon really well with soap and water. (and rinse off all the soap) Since you’re going to be using the outside peel of the lemon, you want to make certain it’s really clean and germ-free.
Once it’s clean, take your zester and start rubbing back and forth on the surface of the lemon. Zest until you get to the white area underneath and then rotate the lemon to another part. You’re wanting to have the yellow outer layer be what you’re zesting, not the white underneath.
How Do You Store This Bundt Cake Once Cooked?
Since the bundt cake is a taller, fluffier cake you’re going to need to make certain that you have a container that can hold it all. Make certain to get a storage container with a lid as well so it keeps it as fresh as possible.
Why Is There A Need To Use Yogurt In This Recipe?
Using yogurt when baking is a great little trick that a lot of people don’t know about. It’s a simple way to keep the cake batter moist and fluffy without adding in a lot of extra oil or fat. I like to use Greek Yogurt because of the added nutrients that it offers but you can really use whatever kind of yogurt you and your family like.
Just know that whatever flavor of yogurt you decide to use will come through in the taste of your cake. This recipe calls for lemon-flavored yogurt but you can also use vanilla as well. In fact, vanilla yogurt can be a great way to not add in another flavor to your recipe while still giving it that moistness, too.
Ingredients Needed To Make This Lemon Bundt Cake
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Lemon zest
- Lemon juice
- Greek yogurt
(Actual measurements are in the recipe card below.)
How To Make A Lemon Bundt Cake From Scratch
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy
- Add eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, milk and beat until combined. Next, beat in vanilla and Greek yogurt.
- Next, gradually add flour, mixed with baking soda and baking powder, a little at a time and beat until smooth.
- Spray to coat a bundt pan with a nonstick spray and pour batter into pan. Lightly smooth with a spatula so the top is even.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes (start checking at 45 minutes to make sure it doesn’t overcook).
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a wire rack or a plate. Cool completely before frosting.
- In a medium bowl, whisk powdered sugar, milk and lemon juice together. If it is too thin, add 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar at a time until desired thickness is obtained and if it’s too thick, add a tablespoon of milk at a time until desired consistency is obtained.
- Drizzle generously over cooled cake and sprinkle with lemon zest before serving.
Have fun making this lemon bundt cake! It’s such a delicious recipe that is certain to please. From start to finish, you’re going to make everything for this cake 100% made from scratch, and that is such an awesome dessert to be proud of. Showcase your dessert and share it with all your family and friends. This is one delicious lemon dessert that you and your taste buds are going to love!
Try This Delicious Lemon Cake Today
You definitely do not have to wait until the summer months to enjoy these delicious lemon desserts. Here are a few more delicious lemon desserts that can be found on the blog.
- Cream Cheese Lemonade Pie (the most popular dessert recipe on the blog)
- Luscious Lemon Cheesecake
- Frosted Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Lemon Blueberry Poke Cake
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- Lemon zest (use 2/3 of zest for batter, remainder for topping)
- Juice from 1/2 lemon (add more for a stronger lemon flavor)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5.3 oz lemon Greek yogurt (Chobani is what was used, can use vanilla)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Juice from remaining 1/2 of lemon
- 1/3 remaining lemon zest
Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy
Add eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, milk and beat until combined. Next, beat in vanilla and Greek yogurt.
Next, gradually add flour mixed with baking soda and baking powder a little at a time and beat until smooth.
Spray to coat a bundt pan with a nonstick spray and pour batter into pan. Lightly smooth with a spatula so the top is even.
Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes (start checking at 45 minutes to make sure it doesn't overcook).
Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a plate. Cool completely before frosting.
In a medium bowl, whisk powdered sugar, milk and lemon juice together. If it is too thin, add 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar at a time until desired thickness is obtained and if it's too thick, add a tablespoon of milk at a time until desired consistency is obtained.
Drizzle generously over cooled cake and sprinkle with lemon zest before serving
Here are a few pics that have been enlarged to pin to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.