Instant Pot Italian Sausage Pasta
This Instant Pot Italian Sausage and Peppers with Rigatoni pasta is a winner! If you love pasta and Italian sausage, you are going to love this easy instant pot Italian Sausage Pasta recipe.
Instant Pot Pasta Recipes
Pasta is so easy to cook in the instant pot. I seriously am still amazed at how fast from start to finish a meal can be on the table. Pasta recipes usually cook for about 5-6 minutes and that’s it. Just a little prep time prior. This Italian sausage pasta recipe can be on the table in less than an hour and that includes bringing to pot up to pressure. If you do not have an Instant Pot, this recipe can be made on the stove as well. Basically, do the same thing as this recipe using a large saucepan. After that sausage has been browned on all sides, slice and let the sausage simmer in the sauce for about 45 minutes then add the cooked pasta, shredded cheese and enjoy.
The flavor of the sausage, mixed with the green peppers and mozzarella cheese, along with the seasonings and pasta makes one D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S meal everyone will enjoy.
How To Make Italian Sausage Pasta In The Instant Pot
- Start out by adding 2 tablespoons of the butter and the Italian sausage links to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- “Saute” sausage until all sides are browned then remove from pot.
- Slice into 1/2″ slices and add back to pot.
- Add remaining butter and scrape the bottom to remove any bits of brown, then add sliced bell peppers, onions and garlic to IP.
- “Saute” until bell peppers are soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add, oregano, basil and pepper, stir.
- Next, add the remaining ingredients, except for cheese, stir.
- Close and lock lid, turn vent to “sealing” and press Manual, High Pressure and set the time for 6 minutes (takes about 20 minutes to reach full pressure).
- When finished, use natural release for 5 minutes then quick release.
- Open lid once the float valve drops, add shredded cheese, stir and serve.
- Serve with side salad and garlic bread. The sauce will thicken up as it sits.
Italian Sausage Recipes
So if you are looking for a delicious Italian sausage recipe, this one is a hit! My family loved this so much, we made it twice in 4 days. It’s THAT good.
Try This Easy Instant Pot Recipe Today
Here are a few more delicious pasta recipes that can be found on the blog: Cheesy Hamburger Pasta, Barbecue Chicken Bacon Pasta Salad, Italian Sausage Penne Casserole, Chicken Spinach Shrimp Alfredo Lasagna, plus many more.
- 1 lb Hot Italian sausage
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp pepper
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 14.25 oz can diced tomatoes
- 10 oz can Rotel
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb box Rigatoni
- 4 cups Mozzarella, shredded
Add 1/2 of the butter (2 Tbsp) and the Italian sausage links to the bottom on pot.
"Saute" sausage until all sides are browned then remove from pot.
Slice sausage into 1/2" slices and add back to pot.
Add remaining butter and scrape the bottom to remove any bits of brown, then add sliced bell peppers, onions and garlic to IP.
"Saute" until bell peppers are soft, about 3-4 minutes.
Add, oregano, basil, pepper and stir.
Next, add the remaining ingredients and stir, except for cheese.
Close and lock lid, turn vent to "sealing" and press "Manual" "High Pressure" and set the time for 6 minutes (takes about 20 minutes to reach to full pressure).
When finished, natural release for 5 minutes then quick release.
Open lid once the float valve drops, add shredded cheese, stir and serve.
Serve with side salad and garlic bread.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest if you like the larger pics.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.