Last week the company I work for had a pot luck to celebrate Christmas and all the hard work everyone has been doing. I came in around lunch time and my boss told me to grab some food before the weekly meeting. I did grab some mac n’ cheese and some corn salad, heated it up in the microwave for a few, and OH MAN, was I in heaven! One of our social workers, Judi, made the delicious corn salad. It was meant to be a cold salad, but not that day! This hot corn salad is a result from our delicious pot luck! Judi told me what was in it, so I just added a few additional ingredients, cooked it in the oven, and this is the result! SO delicious!!
Frito Corn Salad
This chili cheese Frito corn salad is the perfect side dish to any meal. It’s a great appetizer for any game day party or get together too. I have a picky taste tester at times and his response was, “This is GOOD!” Yep, super easy, super delicious and definitely a crowd pleaser.
Why You’ll Love This Frito Corn Salad
- It’s so easy to make and only takes a few simple ingredients.
- The flavor is amazing and it’s the perfect party dip or side dish.
- Once you make this corn salad recipe, everyone is going to flip over how delicious it is and will request it over and over again.
An additional item you can add would be diced green chilies or diced jalapeños. Both would be a great addition to this recipe. There are so many options to change it up a bit each time you make it. You can use a different type of cheese as well. Seriously, this hot corn salad is really easy to make.
Tomorrow is the perfect time to make this hot corn salad while watching your favorite sports team! So if you are wanting to try a simple side dish that is quick and easy, this hot corn salad is it! It’s extremely tasty and so yummy! Go ahead, give this a try! You will be so happy you did!
Hot Corn Salad Ingredients
- Whole kernel corn
- Green onions
- Sour Cream
- Pepper Jack cheese
- Chili Cheese Fritos®
How to Make Chili Cheese Frito Corn Salad
Step 1 – Prep
Preheat the oven to 350° and spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. Open and drain corn. Coarsely crush chili cheese Fritos.
Step 2 – Mixing it Up
In a large bowl, add corn, celery, green onions, mayo, sour cream, and cheese. Stir until combined. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
Step 3 – Bake
Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Carefully remove from oven.
Step 4 – Adding the Fritos
Top corn salad with coarsely crushed Fritos and stir right before serving. Enjoy!
Try this Hot Corn Salad with Fritos Today
This hot corn salad is so flavorful and so easy to make. It’s the perfect side or appetizer for parties, potlucks, game day, or an afternoon snack. Whatever the occasion, this corn salad with Fritos is the perfect dish so give it a try and I know you’ll love it as will your family and friends.
More Delicious Appetizer Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Cheesy Ground Beef Empanadas – These empanadas are filled with deliciously seasoned ground beef and two types of cheese, stuffed between a flaky crust and baked until golden brown.
Avocado Bacon Cream Cheese Dip – This delicious dip is loaded with diced avocados, cream cheese, bacon, two types of shredded cheese, diced jalapenos, cilantro, onions, seasoned perfectly and a splash of lime juice.
Crispy Jalapeno Fries – These jalapeno fries have the delicious combination of salty, crunchy and spice all in one, and are incredibly delicious. So easy to make and is always a favorite appetizer.
And, here is a delicious Crab Artichoke Dip from Deliciously Seasoned that you might enjoy as well.
Hot Corn Salad
- (2) 15 ounce cans whole kernel corn, drained
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 4 cups pepper jack cheese, grated
- 9 ¾ oz bag of Chili Cheese Fritos®
- Additional sour cream for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray an 8 x 8 baking dish, or a casserole dish, with a non stick spray. Set aside.
- Drain corn and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in celery, green onions, mayo, sour cream and cheese. Stir until combined.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove from oven.
- Stir in bag of coarsely broken up chili cheese Fritos® right before serving.
- Top with a spoonful of sour cream, optional.
Here are a couple popular pins that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!