This hearty chicken noodle soup has been a classic soup for centuries and is considered a comfort food because it is so flavorful, comforting, and soothing and rumored to cure whatever ails you.
I’m a big fan of soups when fall and winter roll around, and chicken noodle soup is one of my absolute favorites to make. I know what you’re thinking. I live in Texas. Yes, that’s true, but even Texas gets cold in the winter, relatively speaking, at least. It definitely gets cold enough to enjoy hot, hearty soups and chilis, that’s for sure. There’s no more classic soup than chicken noodle, and it’s been a staple in my soup lineup for as long as I’ve been cooking.
From the time I first learned to cook until the very day, I’ve made chicken noodle soup regularly throughout fall and winter. My family always loves it, and if you make enough of it, you can have dinner for a couple of days, at least. It also makes a great lunch to bring to work and pop in the microwave on your break. I used to make a huge pot of this when my kids still lived at home, but now that they’re gone, I’ve toned down the amount I make. I still make it often, however, especially this version. What’s so great about my chicken noodle soup is that it’s loaded with all that classic flavor, but it’s so much easier to make.
Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup
Chunks of white meat chicken, egg noodles, onions, celery, and carrots all come together with zesty seasonings to make this easy, delicious chicken noodle soup. It all comes together quickly, and even though it’s fast, it tastes like it was simmered all day long. You can’t beat a combo of quick, easy, and delicious!
Why You’ll Love This Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup
- It’s a hearty chicken soup that’s super easy to make.
- It’s loaded with deliciously seasoned chicken, vegetables, and egg noodles.
- And, it’s a delicious recipe for fall and winter or any time of year when you’re feeling under the weather.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size cubes to make it faster to cook and easier to eat.
- Chop all of the vegetables approximately the same size for the best results.
- Don’t overcook the vegetables. They’ll finish cooking in the soup, and you don’t want them to be mushy.
- You can make this recipe with rotisserie chicken, skinless chicken thighs, and turkey, as well.
- Use any of your favorite short noodles in this recipe. Macaroni, penne, and the like all work well.
- If you’re watching your salt intake, you can use low-sodium broth for this recipe.
- Additional vegetables like corn, peas, spinach and kale can be added, if desired.
What to Serve with Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup
Simple dishes work best as sides with chicken soup because it’s a complete meal on its own. Some excellent ideas include:
- Crusty bread
- Garlic bread
- Simple salad
- Your favorite vegetables
What noodles are best for chicken noodle soup?
Egg noodles are the classic choice and are considered the best for any kind of soup.
What can I add to chicken soup to make it taste better?
If your soup is a bit bland, try adding a little more salt and/or pepper. You can also add some fresh lemon juice, a touch of fish sauce, or Worcestershire sauce.
How do you add depth of flavor to chicken soup?
For more depth of flavor, try browning the chicken and vegetables and deglazing the pan with white wine.
Can you freeze chicken noodle soup?
Absolutely. It will freeze very well for up to 3 months.
How to Store and Reheat Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup
Store the soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. For longer storage, freeze it in an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
To reheat the soup place it in a saucepan on medium-low heat and cook until heated through.
Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup Ingredients
It only takes simple ingredients to make this delicious soup. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Black pepper
- Chicken stock
- Vegetable broth
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Egg noodles
How to Make Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup
This is one of the easiest soups you’ll ever make. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps.
Step 1: Cook the Chicken
Start out by adding butter to a large pot over medium-high heat. Then, add the chicken, Slap Ya Mama seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper. Cook the chicken thoroughly, then remove it and place it in a bowl.
Step 2: Cook the Vegetables
Add more butter to the pot and cook the onions, celery, and carrots about 5 minutes or until just tender.
Step 3: Make the Soup
Add the chicken pieces, chicken broth, vegetable broth, basil, and oregano to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, add the egg noodles, and simmer for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
Try The Best Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe Today
This hearty chicken noodle soup is loaded with all the classic flavors of a soup that’s been cooked all day long, but it’s done in just about 35 minutes! It’s quick, easy, and loaded with flavor, and it makes the perfect lunch or dinner on a cold fall or winter day. Give it a try and get ready to fall in love.
More Tasty Soup Recipes
Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup – All the classic flavors in stuff peppers made into a hearty and delicious soup. So good and always a favorite.
Sausage Tortellini Soup – This creamy and delicious tortellini soup is made with Italian sausage and cheese tortellini in a creamy sauce. A favorite comfort food recipe the whole family will enjoy.
Broccoli Potato Cheese Soup – Two classic favorite soup recipes in one: broccoli cheddar soup and potato cheese soup.
And, here is a delicious Lasagna Soup from Deliciously Seasoned that you will enjoy as well.
Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups egg noodles uncooked
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add chicken, slap ya mama seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper. Cook until meat is thoroughly cooked. Remove from pan and place in a bowl.
- Add remaining butter and add onions, celery and carrots. Cook until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, vegetable broth, chicken, basil, and oregano. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add egg noodles and simmer for 20 minutes.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.