Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs are made with chicken breasts marinated in teriyaki sauce with fresh pineapple, and 3 different bell peppers, then perfectly grilled.
Grilling chicken is a great way to lock in moisture and enhance its flavor with charcoal or wood chips. Even grilling chicken on a grilling pan on the stovetop adds a wonderful look to the chicken. That’s why I’ve been grilling chicken both indoors and out for years and years. It’s the perfect combination of flavor and presentation. One of my favorite outdoor grilled chicken recipes is this one for chicken kabobs with teriyaki sauce. It’s an easy grilled chicken recipe that’s full of flavor and healthy ingredients, and everyone always loves it.
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs
These delicious, easy kabobs start with chunks of chicken breasts soaked in teriyaki sauce. Then, I skewer them along with pineapple and red, green, and orange bell peppers and grill them until perfectly done. What I end up with is a skewer full of perfectly crusted chicken, somewhat charred peppers and pineapples, and a whole lot of sweet and tangy goodness. These are the perfect family dinner on grilling night or for serving at any backyard barbecue, and the best part is that they’re so quick and easy to make. You can’t beat that!
Why You’ll Love These Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs
- They’re so delicious and so easy to make.
- They’re always a favorite grilling recipe that’s perfect for backyard barbecues, family gatherings, or a special weekend dinner.
- They only take a few simple ingredients that are readily available at the grocery store, and they’re an inexpensive family meal.
- If using wooden skewers, be sure you soak them for at least half an hour to prevent burning while you grill the kabobs.
- If grilling with charcoal, bring the grill to medium heat, grilling the kabobs over the hottest part of the grill.
- Whether using gas or charcoal, be sure that your grill grates are thoroughly cleaned and oiled before grilling your kabobs.
- You can add other vegetables like onions and mushrooms to these kabobs.
- Try making these with steak or pork chop chunks.
- For added flavor, use apple or another mild wood to add smoke to your kabobs.
What to Serve with Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs
Chicken is already a super versatile protein source that can be paired with so many things. When you combine it with the sweet and tangy flavors of this recipe, you get something that works well with a wide variety of flavors. Some great ideas include:
- Coconut rice
- Cucumber yogurt dip
- Corn on the cob
- Potato salad
- Pasta salad
How do you grill chicken kabobs?
Soak your skewers for at least half an hour if using a wooden variety. Then, skewer your meat, vegetables, and fruit in alternating layers. Set your gas grill to medium or bring your charcoal grill to medium heat. Then grill until the chicken is cooked through and slightly charred on all sides. For charcoal grills, that means grilling the kabobs directly over the coals after they’ve died down to medium heat.
Do you cook kabobs directly on the grill?
Yes. Kabobs are cooked directly on the grill and directly over the hottest part of the grill.
How long do you grill chicken kabobs for?
Grill them for 5 minutes on all sides.
What temperature do you grill chicken kabobs at?
Chicken kabobs are grilled over medium heat. This cooks them quickly enough to keep them moist but slow enough to allow them to char without burning.
How to Store and Reheat Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs
Store these chicken kabobs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. For longer storage, you can freeze them in an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
To reheat the kabobs, wrap them in foil, then bake them on a baking sheet until heated through at between 250 and 300 degrees.
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs Ingredients
You’ll only need a handful of simple ingredients to make this recipe. They’re all basic stuff, and they’re all easily found at your local grocery store.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Fresh pineapple
- Green bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Orange bell pepper
- Teriyaki sauce
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs
Grilling these kabobs is just as easy as getting your ingredients together. It only takes a few minutes and a few steps to make.
Step 1: Prep the Chicken
Cut the chicken into chunks and combine them with teriyaki sauce in a large, resealable bag. Marinate the chicken while preparing the peppers and pineapple.
Step 2: Cut up the Peppers and Pineapple
Cut the pineapple into chunks and place in a large bowl. Then cut the bell peppers into chunks and place them in the same bowl.
Step 3: Make the Kabobs
If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least half an hour. hen, make the skewers, adding chicken, green bell pepper, pineapple, orange bell pepper, chicken, pineapple, red bell pepper, and ending with chicken.
Step 4: Grill
Spray the grill grate with nonstick spray or rub it liberally with olive oil. Then, grill the kabobs over medium heat for about 5 minutes on all 4 sides until the chicken is cooked through, and the internal temperature reaches 165°, and slightly charred on all sides.
Try These Delicious Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Skewers Today
These grilled teriyaki chicken kabobs are a sweet and tangy recipe with all the great charred flavor we love in our filled food. The best part is that they’re so easy to make! Whether you’re feeding your family or a crowd, these kabobs are a perfect choice. Give them a try, and I know you’ll love them as much as I do.
More Delicious Grilling Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Grilled Cajun Lemon Shrimp – This delicious lemon grilled shrimp is a scrumptious appetizer recipe, is super easy to make, and has a Cajun flare.
BBQ Smoked Sausage Bites – These delicious and easy smoked sausage bites are easy to make and only use two simple ingredients and make a delicious appetizer.
BBQ Bacon Wrapped Kielbasa – This easy and delicious kielbasa recipe is cut into 3 inch pieces, wrapped in bacon, grilled until the bacon is crispy and then covered with barbecue sauce. Such an easy appetizer recipe and so delicious.
And, here is a Meatloaf Grilled Cheese, from Deliciously Seasoned, that you will enjoy too. It’s not actually grilled on the barbecue but is a delicious grilled cheese that is so good.
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 1 1/2" squares
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into 1 1/2" chunks
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2" chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2" chunks
- 1 large orange bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2" chunks
- 1 cup Teriyaki sauce
- Salt, pepper and garlic salt, to taste
- Cut chicken into chunks and add to a large sealable baggie.
- Pour Teriyaki sauce into bag, seal and place in the fridge while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Cut pineapple into chunks and place in a large bowl, set aside.
- Cut each bell pepper into chunks, remove seeds, rinse and place in bowl.
- Soak skewers in water prior to assembling the kabobs (this helps keep them from burning while on the grill) unless using metal ones.
- Start by adding a piece of chicken, then green bell pepper, pineapple, orange pepper, chicken, pineapple, red pepper, then repeat ending with chicken.
- Spray grill with a non stick spray. Turn grill on medium flame and grill each kabob turning until each side is somewhat charred and chicken is cooked thoroughly. Roughly about 5 minutes on all four sides.
- Remove from grill and enjoy.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.