Grilled chicken tacos with ranch beans and salsa is an absolutely delicious chicken taco recipe the whole family will love and it makes a great summer meal. Tender, marinated grilled chicken stuffed into flour tortillas, topped with ranch beans, and a hearty salsa loaded with diced avocados, tomatoes, cilantro, and green onions.
If you’re looking for a new addition to your Taco Tuesday lineup, then look no further. I’ve got you covered. These delicious tacos are loaded with grilled chicken and a few other Mexican favorites, and they explode with flavor in every bite. I’ve been making these tacos for years, now, and they’re always a big hit with friends and family. All that tender chicken and bold southwest flavor come together to create tacos that are loved by all and that go so fast!
Grilled Chicken Tacos
These delicious tacos start with marinated chicken breasts that I grill either outside on my grill or inside on my grill pan, depending on the weather, to tender, juicy perfection. Then, I add them to flour tortillas along with ranch beans, picante sauce that is loaded with diced avocados, tomatoes, green onions and chopped cilantro that has been added. When it’s all said and done, I have a platter full of soft tacos that are loaded with delicious flavor and make any Taco Tuesday or party a huge success.
Why You’ll Love This Grilled Chicken Taco Recipe
- These tacos are absolutely amazing and are an absolute family favorite grilled chicken recipe.
- They’re loaded with grilled chicken, ranch style beans, and salsa.
- You’ll probably want to double up the recipe because these tacos will please your entire family. They’re that good.
Grilled Chicken Tacos Ingredients
This recipe uses just a few simple ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store. The actual measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Good Seasonings Italian Dressing mix
- Ranch Style beans (with or without jalapeños)
- Pace Picante sauce
- Large avocados
- Roma tomatoes
- Chopped cilantro
- Green onions
- Flour tortillas, taquito size
How to Make Grilled Chicken Tacos
This is an incredibly simple recipe. It just takes a little marinating and a bit of grilling. Anyone can make it with ease!
Step 1: Marinate the Chicken
Add chicken strips and prepared Italian dressing mix to a large, resealable bag. Shake to coat and refrigerator for 45 minutes to an hour.
Step 2: Combine All Ingredients Except Ranch Beans
While the chicken marinates, combine the picante sauce, avocados, tomatoes, cilantro, and green onions in a medium bowl, cover, and place in the refrigerator.
Step 3: Heat the Beans
Add the ranch beans to a medium saucepan and heat over a low flame until hot.
Step 4: Grill the Chicken
Cook the marinated chicken on a hot grill until golden brown on both sides, making sure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Step 5: Assemble the Tacos
Cut the chicken strips into smaller strips and add them to the tortillas. Then, using a slotted spoon, add about a tablespoon of ranch beans on top of the chicken. Finally, add a couple of spoonfuls of salsa on top of the beans and enjoy!
- Give your chicken at least 45 minutes to an hour to marinade so it can soak up all that delicious flavor and get nice and tender.
- Gently tap your chicken before adding it to the grill to remove excess dressing and prevent flare-ups.
- Prepare your salsa directly after adding the marinated chicken to the refrigerator so it has enough time to chill and the flavors can meld.
- You can make this recipe using turkey, beef, or pork strips.
- Chicken thighs work well in this recipe.
- For a kick of heat, add diced jalapenos to your salsa mix.
- Add shredded Mexican blend or taco blend cheese between the chicken and bean layers for some cheesy goodness.
What to Serve with Grilled Chicken Tacos
These delicious tacos are loaded with a ton of Mexican flavor, so serve them with all your Mexican favorites like:
- Mexican rice
- Spanish rice
- Elote casserole
- Mexican green beans
- Corn pudding
- Rice pudding
Are grilled chicken tacos healthy?
These grilled chicken tacos are very healthy. They’re full of lean protein, vegetables, and fiber.
What kind of chicken is best for grilled chicken tacos?
I prefer chicken breast for tacos because it’s a mild flavor that melds well with the other flavors in your tacos. However, chicken thighs will work well, too.
Can you bake chicken instead of grilling it for tacos?
Absolutely. Simply bake the chicken at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
How do you know when chicken is done?
The only real way to safely know when chicken is done is to use a meat thermometer. When the chicken registers 165 degrees, it’s ready to eat.
What is the best way to warm up tortillas for tacos?
Separate your tortillas so they don’t stick together. Then, wrap a stack of room-temperature tortillas in moist paper towels and microwave them for 30 to 40 seconds until warmed through.
Storage and Reheating Instructions
First and foremost, never store constructed tacos if possible. Instead, store the chicken, salsa, and beans separate in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Then, heat up the chicken and beans and construct the tacos when ready to serve more.
To reheat the chicken, place it in a baking dish with a little water, cover, and bake at 350 until heated through. To heat up the beans, add them to a saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until heated through.
Try This Delicious Grilled Chicken Tacos Recipe Today
These grilled chicken tacos are so easy to make and so full of flavor. It’s the perfect combination for cooks and eaters alike. Bring out these tacos for your next Taco Tuesday or to your next gathering and watch everyone devour them. You’ll almost certainly have zero leftovers. Give this recipe a try, and I know it will be a regular part of your rotation.
More Delicious Taco Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Brisket Tacos – These hearty and delicious tacos are the perfect recipe using leftover beef brisket. They are topped with cheese, fried onion strings and barbecue sauce is drizzled over the top.
Tacos Ensenada with Pineapple Slaw – The tasty fish tacos are an easy and delicious fish taco recipe topped with pineapple coleslaw. Perfect for Taco Tuesday.
Southwest Rotisserie Chicken Tacos – These chicken tacos are super easy to make using rotisserie chicken. They are loaded with all the southwest flavors we love, like corn, black beans, onions, cilantro, zesty seasonings, cheese and more..
And, here are some Mini Chicken Tacos, from Deliciously Seasoned, that you will enjoy as well.
Grilled Chicken Tacos
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut each breast into 3-4 strips
- 1 packet Good Seasonings Italian Dressing mix, prepared
- (2) 15 ounce cans Ranch Style beans (with or without jalapeños)
- 24 ounce Pace Picante sauce
- 3 large avocados, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 18-20 flour tortillas, taquito size
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl or a sealable gallon size baggie, add chicken strips.
- Prepare the Italian dressing mix as directed and pour over the chicken. Stir or gently shake to coat.
- Place in the refrigerator and let marinate for 45 minutes to an hour.
- While the chicken is marinating, using a medium bowl, pour picante sauce into the bowl.
- Add avocados, tomatoes, cilantro and green onions. Stir to combine. Cover and place in the fridge to chill.
- In a medium saucepan, add ranch beans and heat over low flame until hot.
- Place marinated chicken onto the hot grill and cook until golden on both sides making sure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Once the chicken is done, heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add a tablespoon of butter into the pan and then add flour tortillas one or two at a time. Cook until heated on both sides. Add additional butter as needed and heat remaining tortillas.
Assembling the Tacos
- Cut each chicken strip into smaller strips and add to the tortilla.
- Using a slotted spoon, add a spoonful of ranch beans on top of the chicken.
- Now, add a couple spoonfuls of salsa on top of the beans and enjoy.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.