Double Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
This double chocolate banana bread is super moist. Loaded with chocolate chips and bananas, this super scrumptious recipe is perfect for those ripe bananas sitting on the counter.
Chocolate Banana Bread
At our house we always have bananas on the counter, whether we eat them or not. I always have good intentions of using them before they get too ripe but more times than not, the bananas win and either we make banana bread or have to toss em’ out, which I don’t like to do.
Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
Start out by mixing sugar and butter together until smooth. Next, add eggs, bananas, buttermilk and vanilla and mix until combined. Once all the dry ingredients are whisked together, they will be added to the banana mixture. Stir until mixed, add the chocolate chips and then add to a baking dish, pop in the oven and in just over an hour, you will be enjoying this delicious double chocolate banana bread. I used one cup of chocolate chips in this banana bread recipe but feel free to use a little more for even more chocolaty flavor. Even chocolate chunks added to the recipe would be great as well.
So, if you’re a lover of chocolate and bananas, you are definitely going to love this double chocolate banana bread.
Try This Delicious Double Chocolate Banana Bread Today
These additional chocolate dessert recipes can be found on the blog: Chocolate Lover’s Zucchini Cake, Chocolate Covered Cookie Butter Stuffed Pretzels, Chocolate Brownie Pudding Cake, Dark Chocolate Banana Poke Cake, Chocolate Cookie Butter Crispy Balls, Chocolate Avocado Zucchini Cupcakes, plus many more.
Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray the bottom of a 9 x 5 baking dish with non stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter together until smooth.
- Beat eggs, bananas, buttermilk, vanilla into sugar mixture until well combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder together, then add to banana mixture and mix on low until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 1¼ hours, or until tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from baking dish after 10 minutes and place on wire rack to cool.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.