Chocolate Chunk Banana Nut Bread
This is such an amazing tasting chocolate chunk banana nut bread! So yummy, and especially delicious right out of the oven! We’ve been baking this banana nut bread for such a long time and I decided to change it up a bit by adding in the dark chocolate chunks! Yummm!
Who doesn’t love a good ol’ banana nut bread with some delicious chocolate chunks added? This recipe makes a 9 x 5 inch loaf, so double the batch for two large loafs, one for you and your family and one to share!! Sharing is always good… I take recipes into work to share with my co-workers once in a while. One of my co-workers asked me if I was the one that made the banana nut bread he was eating. I said, “yes” and he said it was so delicious, that he was on his “4th piece!” :)
If you are not into chocolate, just make this recipe omitting the chocolate. YOU WILL LOVE IT!!! This banana nut bread is super moist, and to die for!
If you are like us, we always, and I mean always, have bananas ripening on the counter. We don’t always use them and end up having to throw them out. But, whipping up a batch of chocolate chunk banana nut bread next time your bananas are ripe will have your kitchen smelling delicious and your taste buds drooling!
And…. throw some butter on a warm slice, you will be in heaven!
- 1¼ cup organic sugar
- ½ cup vegan butter, softened (can use regular butter)
- 2 eggs, cage free
- 1⅓ cups bananas, mashed
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup Trader Joe's® Dark Chocolate bar, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray the bottom of a 9x5 inch baking dish with non stick spray.
- In a measuring cup, add milk and lemon juice, stir and set aside, let sit for 5 minutes (this is a substitute for buttermilk).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter together until smooth.
- Beat eggs, bananas, milk, vanilla into sugar mixture until well combined.
- Mix on low speed, or stir, flour, baking soda and salt just until combined
- Stir in walnuts and chocolate chunks.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 1¼ hours, or until tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from baking dish after 10 minutes and place on wire rack to cool.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!