These crescent roll cinnamon rolls, made with Pillsbury crescent rolls, offer the flavors of cinnamon, sugar, and apples, and are topped with chopped pecans. They’re a great fall recipe and make a delicious breakfast treat or party food the whole family will enjoy.
This recipe idea came from TikTok. It’s actually loaded with fun recipes! These days, I routinely go down the TikTok recipe rabbit hole. There are just so many delicious things to find. That’s where I came up with this delicious recipe. It takes a viral TikTok crescent roll recipe and turns it on its head with delicious cinnamon roll flavors.
Apple Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
The original recipe I found was actually savory, not sweet. It used crescent rolls, butter, and parmesan cheese. I thought it was a great idea, and I decided to use that same sensibility but make cinnamon rolls instead. The results? Pure deliciousness.
These cinnamon rolls start with Pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls. I roll them up with a delicious apple cinnamon filling made from scratch, brown sugar, melted butter, and chopped pecans and then bake it to perfection. What I end up with are cinnamon rolls that have a little something extra to them. The crescent roll dough combined with classic cinnamon roll flavors is like nothing you’ve had before, and it’s so, so good.
Why You’ll Love These Cinnamon Crescent Rolls
- They’re super easy to make and only take a few ingredients.
- Everyone loves the classic combination of apple, cinnamon, and pecans.
- They’re the perfect fall dessert, and they’re great for potlucks, holiday parties, and family gatherings.
Tips and Variations
- Be sure you get every nook and cranny of your bundt pan coated with nonstick spray so your rolls don’t stick.
- If your cinnamon rolls don’t immediately release from the bundt pan, give it a little tap around the top and edges to loosen them.
- Be gentle when rolling up your crescent roll dough so you don’t rip it.
- Make this recipe using your favorite fruits like apples, pears, or peaches.
- I love Granny Smith apples, but you can use your favorite variety in this recipe.
- Try adding a simple vanilla glaze to the rolls after you’ve baked them.
What to Serve with Cinnamon Rolls
You can serve cinnamon rolls with your favorite breakfast beverages, simple fruit sides, and even some delicious savory options for a full sweet and savory meal. Great ideas include:
- Orange juice
- Apples, pears, oranges, or mixed fruit
- Scrambled eggs
Apple Pecan Cinnamon Rolls FAQ
How do you roll out crescent rolls?
For this recipe, you’ll simply roll out the individual sheets and pinch the ends of them together to join the seams, creating a long piece of crescent roll dough.
Do you need to refrigerate crescent roll cinnamon rolls?
If you plan on keeping them longer than a couple of days, yes. However, if they’ll be eaten quickly, you don’t have to refrigerate them.
Can these crescent cinnamon rolls be made in advance?
These are best made right away to prevent the apples from turning brown and their juice from seeping into the dough before baking. However, you can bake them in advance and then serve them the following afternoon or morning. They reheat very well.
Can you freeze leftover cinnamon rolls?
Yes. They’ll keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How long will leftover cinnamon rolls last in the fridge?
You can store them for up to a week in the refrigerator.
How to Store and Reheat Crescent Cinnamon Rolls
Place leftovers in an airtight container and store them at room temperature for about 2 days or in the fridge for up to a week. For longer storage, wrap the rolls in plastic wrap, then place them in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
To reheat place them in a baking dish, spread a small amount of butter over the top of them, cover, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
Apple Pecan Cinnamon Rolls Ingredients
It only takes a handful of simple ingredients to make these cinnamon rolls. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Pillsbury refrigerated crescents
- Brown sugar
- Chopped pecans
- Granny smith apples
- Ground cinnamon
How to Make Crescent Roll Cinnamon Rolls
Making these cinnamon rolls is incredibly easy. It only takes a few steps, and you’ll have a delicious treat that everyone will love.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and lightly spray a bundt pan with nonstick spray. Set aside. Open the crescents one at a time and unroll them all on a clean, flat surface lightly dusted with flour. Pinch the seams together.
Step 2: Add Butter and Chopped Pecans
Pour melted butter all around the bottom of the pan and sprinkle 1/8 cup of brown sugar and chopped pecans around the bottom of the pan.
Step 3: Add the Filling
Spread 1 tablespoon butter over the dough sheet and sprinkle it evenly with 1/4 cup brown sugar and a teaspoon of sugar. Then, add 1/3 of the chopped apples evenly over the dough, leaving an inch around the outer edge. Roll the dough back up and place in the bundt pan. Repeat with the other two dough sheets.
Step 4: Bake
When all three rolls are in the bundt pan (it will be a tight fit), place it in the oven and bake for 45 to 55 minutes. Then, remove it from the oven, invert it onto a plate to release the cinnamon rolls, and enjoy!
Try These Delicious Crescent Roll Cinnamon Rolls Today
These cinnamon rolls are so easy and delicious, you’ll wonder how you ever got through life without them. They make a great sweet breakfast, brunch, dessert, or afternoon snack, and because they’re so simple, you’ll want to make them again and again. Give them a try, and I know you’ll be making them for a long time to come
More Delicious Bundt Pan Recipes
Apple Pecan Monkey Bread – This delicious monkey bread recipe is made with Pillsbury biscuits, chopped apples and pecans, cinnamon sugar mixture and baked in a Bundt pan. So delicious and the perfect fall dessert recipe.
Gingerbread Bundt Cake – A delicious and festive holiday dessert recipe with all the warm flavors we love in our gingerbread cakes. Always a winner!
Apple Pecan Cake with Caramel Glaze – This is a scrumptious apple cake recipe loaded with caramel goodness, chopped apples and pecans. An absolutely delicious fall dessert recipe.
And, here is a delicious Bananas Foster Monkey Bread from Deliciously Seasoned that you’ll enjoy as well.
Crescent Roll Cinnamon Rolls
- 3 containers Pillsbury® refrigerated crescents
- ½ cup butter melted
- ⅛ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans
For the Apple Cinnamon Filling
- 3 tbsp butter softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 3 granny smith apples peeled, chopped into small pieces
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375° and lightly spray a Bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add melted butter to the pan followed by sprinkling ⅛ cup of brown sugar and chopped pecans around the bottom of the pan.
For The Apple Cinnamon Filling
- Open the crescents, one at a time, and unroll the whole thing on a clean flat surface lightly dusted with flour, pinching the perforations together.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of butter over the first crescent roll.
- Sprinkle evenly with ¼ of a cup of brown sugar and a teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Add ⅓ of the chopped apples and spread out leaving an inch around the outer edge.
- Roll back up into a tight log and place in the bundt pan.
- Repeat with the remaining two rolls of crescent dough.
- Place all three crescent rolls (will be a tight fit) into the bundt pan and bake for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place a plate on top to invert the cinnamon rolls.
- Carefully remove the pan and enjoy.
- Optional: can add cream cheese glaze for added sweetness, can drizzle with a powdered sugar glaze, or enjoy these warm rolls as made.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.