With Christmas right around the corner, here are some delicious cranberry walnut cookie balls that are always a hit. These cookies are perfect for parties, cookie exchanges, and for just popping in your mouth and enjoying the rich shortbread flavor of these delicious gems!
Cranberry walnut cookie balls taste great and with the hint of cranberries, along with the walnuts, makes for one delicious cookie.
Having a traditional shortbread cookie for the holidays makes a great addition to the holiday cookie platter.
Basically, mix the ingredients together, roll into 1″ balls, bake for approximately 15-18 minutes, roll in powdered sugar and place on a cooling rack to cool. That’s it! Pretty easy and pretty quick. Not much work goes into these tasty cookies, plus everyone loves them.
These cranberry walnut cookie balls are perfect for serving this holiday season and all year-long.
What are your favorite holiday cookie? Our favorite Christmas cookie are my Christmas Sugar Cookies. I’ve been making those delicious treats for 35+ years. So good!
Try these cranberry walnut cookie balls today
Here are a few more delicious holiday treats you can find on the blog: Gingerbread Cupcakes with Molasses Frosting, Apple Walnut Crepes, my Mom’s Pink Dessert, and how about some delicious Homemade Caramel. Make sure to check out all the delicious recipes on the blog. There’s something for everyone!
Cranberry Walnut Cookie Balls
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla on medium speed until creamy.
- Gradually beat in flour and salt until just blended.
- Add walnuts and dried cranberries. Stir.
- Using a 1" cookie scoop, or with clean hands, roll into 1" balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes just until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- While cookies are baking, pour powdered sugar into a shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Roll 4-5 hot cookies at a time into the powdered sugar until each cookie is well coated.
- Place cookies on wire rack to cool completely.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.