Cranberries are so delicious and really do remind me of the holidays. These cranberry pecan oatmeal cookies are super tasty and with the tart bits of fresh cranberries, delicious pecans and the white chocolate chips throughout, there is amazing flavor in every bite.
Cranberries seriously are perfect to add to most dessert recipes when fruit is the main ingredient. I have recently made a Cranberry Orange Pecan Loaf that is AMAZING as well as a Cranberry Orange Pecan Crisp that uses fresh cranberries and boy are these desserts delicious.
Look at those fresh bits of cranberries. I made these cookies for my daughter and son-in-law while they were visiting over the Thanksgiving weekend and every cookies got gobbled up. They are both in the military, my daughter, Nikki, is in the Navy and Justin, my son-in-law, the Marines. It was great having them out here to celebrate the holiday.
When chopping the cranberries, make sure that the pieces are pretty small as well as the pecans. With only a small amount of time in the oven, the smaller the cranberries are the better they bake up.
Soft, chewy and delicious, these cranberry pecan oatmeal cookies are perfect for all the holidays. Perfect for cookie exchange parties, pot lucks, or just for enjoying the awesome flavor of cranberries.
Try these cranberry pecan oatmeal cookies today
Everyone loves cookies so here are a few more cookie recipes you can find on the blog:
- Soft Chewy Molasses Cookies
- Pecan Diamond Cookie Bars
- Christmas Sugar Cookies
- Hockey Puck Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peppermint Sour Cream Softies
Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cups uncooked oats
- 1 cup fresh cranberries chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Using a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugars and beat until creamy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add flour mixture to large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Stir in oatmeal then gently stir in cranberries, pecans and white chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until cookies start to brown around the edges.
- Once removed from oven, place cookies on a wire rack to cool.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.