Wait until you try these amazing chocolaty brownies. These rich brownies made from scratch are a favorite brownie recipe with my family. So easy to make and packed with chocolate, this soon will become a favorite with your family too.
These rich MMS Chocolate Brownies are topped with homemade frosting. The brownies are moist and chewy and packed with chocolate. These chocolaty brownies are taken one step farther with MMs inside the batter.
How to Store Chocolate Brownies
When you make these brownies you will want to store them at room temperature. You want to make sure the brownies are in an airtight container or wrapped with plastic wrap. If you only have plastic wrap available and want to make sure the frosting doesn’t stick to the plastic, wait to frost until it is time to serve.
Can You Freeze Chocolate Brownies
Brownies make a great freezer dessert. I like to make a large batch and freeze half of them or I like to freeze the ones that will not get eaten before it goes bad. If the buttercream frosting has already been to the brownies then you will want to freeze the individual pieces before wrapping them in plastic. Wrap the brownies well and place them in a freezer bag or another air tight container.
Can I Use Store Bought Frosting
I am using a simple buttercream recipe to top these rich chocolate brownies. If you do not want to make your own frosting, you can buy premade frosting. This is a way to save time, but I think homemade buttercream frosting tastes so much better. You can also use cream cheese frosting. If you decide to use cream cheese frosting, you will want to store these in the refrigerator.
Variations to MM Brownies
The best part of any recipe is being able to change the recipe to something new. I love doing this with my favorite recipes that I know taste amazing. With a simple twist, the brownies become a whole new dessert. Here are some of my favorite ways to change these up:
- Use Reese’s Pieces– Switch the MMs for Reese’s Pieces. These peanut buttery crunchy candies will bring the same texture but brings in another flavor.
- Caramel MMs– Caramel in brownies are amazing. You can bring in the caramel flavor by changing the type of MMs. The creamy caramel will be a show stopper in the brownies. You can also add sea salt to the top for an elegant brownie.
- All the MMs– If you have ever had the Take 5 Candy bar, it brings together a lot of flavor of multiple snacks, like pretzels, caramel, peanut butter and chocolate. So to replicate this use some peanut butter MMs, as well as Pretzel and Caramel MMS.
- Chocolate Chips– Of course you can skip the MMs and add in different flavors of morsels, like peanut butter, toffee or butterscotch. You can also use flavored chocolate chips, like white chocolate or mint chocolate.
Ingredients For Chocolaty Brownies
- All purpose flour
- Dark cocoa powder
- Unsweetened dark chocolate
- Vanilla extract
- Mini MMs
- Powdered sugar
- Heavy cream
How To Make Chocolaty Brownies
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, add butter and chopped chocolate chunks and stir until melted.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder into pan and stir until combined and smooth.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stir after each addition, then add flour.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of mini MMs into batter and spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before frosting.
- In a medium bowl, beat powdered sugar, heavy cream, butter and vanilla together until smooth.
- Frost as desired and top with remaining MMs.
Try These Chewy Brownies Today
Here are a few more delicious desserts that can be found on the blog:
- Cream Cheese Lemonade Pie (the most popular dessert recipe on the blog)
- Fresh Peach Cobbler
- Banana Poke Cake
- Strawberry Lemonade Cream Cheese Poke Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 6 oz unsweetened dark chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1¼ cups mini M&Ms®, divided
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp heavy cream (might need more)
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350° and spray a brownie pan, or baking pan, with cooking spray just before filling with batter.
In a medium saucepan over low heat, add butter and chopped chocolate chunks and stir until melted.
Sprinkle cocoa powder into pan and stir until combined and smooth.
Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
Stir in sugar and vanilla until smooth.
Add eggs, one at a time, stir after each addition, then add flour.
Sprinkle 1 cup of mini MMs into batter and spoon into prepared pan.
Bake for 17-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
Remove from oven and let cool completely before frosting.
In a medium bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar, heavy cream and vanilla together until smooth.
Frost brownies as desired and top with remaining MMs.
Recipe mostly adapted from my Chewy Brownie Bites
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.